Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

Current Crisis In Popular Oba Market Benin Between Market Women & Security - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Current Crisis In Popular Oba Market Benin Between Market Women & Security (152 Views)

Edo Election: PDP Supporters Jubilate After Results Announcement At Oba Market / Market Women Waiting For Tradermoni At Oba Market, Benin City Edo State. / Fayose Inspects 80% Completed Oja Oba Market, Ado Ekiti (photos + Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Current Crisis In Popular Oba Market Benin Between Market Women & Security by skimena: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2020
There's a disagreement currently on ground in the popular Oba market in Benin City Edo state between the Oba market women and the security men that are securing the market to ensure that properties in the market are secured.. These men have been the one protecting the market before the current pandemic that hit the nation. From the information that I gathered, it's the market women that contribute money to pay these security men every month. But due to this covid 19, the women where asked to relocate from the market to a government primary school so as to control the spread of covid 19. But now that the nation is on ease of lockdown, the market women have gradually returning to their various shades in the market. The security men who have been on ground watching and securing the market in the absence of the market women started demanding for their 3 months salary of guilding the market while the women where away. But trouble started as many of the women are saying they will not pay any money because they didn't sell in the market during the period of the lockdown. some were even saying that during the lockdown that they took their products (goods) home. hence they don't see any reason why they will pay. I'm using this medium to beg on the relevant authority in Edo state to intervene before this matter will get out of hand. As 4 me, I think those security men deseve their pay. What's your take on this?

(1) (Reply)

Ambode, 12 Others Shove For Late Osinowo’s Position / Some Prominent Nigerians Have Come Together To Form A Political Movement. / Kanye West To Run In The 2020 US Presidential Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.