Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:27 AM

Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa (1814 Views)

Why Do Most Nigeria Streets Look Like This? / COVID-19: What Economy Class Could Look Like After Virus / Kazakhstan Air Astana's Aircraft That Is Painted To Look Like A Snow Leopard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Ilamina(f): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2020
So many foreigners
So many white people walking on the road

Looks like Nigeria is the only country that does not attract foreigners in Africa angry
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by JosEast(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
g
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by nairalandankrah: 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2020
who wants to visit Islamic state of Nigeria and be killed by boko haha

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ilamina:

So many foreigners
So many white people walking on the road

Looks like Nigeria is the only country that does not attract foreigners in Africa angry
Most foreigners in Nigeria come here as expatriates in oil companies as well as other companies. Once their contracts are over, they run to wherever they came from.

But on the flip side white people in Ghana mostly go there for tourism because the country understands what it means to tap the tourism potential. Infact a lot of things in Ghana nowadays are built for these tourists to come and enjoy.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Ilamina(f): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2020
Afam4eva:

Most foreigners in Nigeria come here as expatriates in oil companies as well as other companies. Once their contracts are over, they run to wherever they came from.

But on the flip side white people in Ghana mostly go there for tourism because the country understands what it means to tap the tourism potential. Infact a lot of things in Ghana nowadays are built for these tourists to come and enjoy.

Not all foreigners in Nigeria dont wanna come back
My aunts husband preferred Nigeria to london
Because he liked the fact, he had his own gateman, driver, cook
Ps: he was an expatriate

He was praying to come back because he does not get that kind of luxury in the uk

Some of those foreigners I saw looked like business men who live in accra not tourists

You see white men chilling in nando's so comfortably in Accra

You only see white men in shell club and ra in Nigeria

Some few posh supermarkets like park n shop in portharcourt

1 Like

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ilamina:

He was praying to come back because he does not get that kind of luxury in the uk

Some of those foreigners I saw looked like business men who live in accra not tourists

This is a different case because he's married to a Nigerian. I'm not saying there are no white people that stay. What i'm saying is that most white people in Nigeria are here for the monetary gain. If they ever desire to live in Africa, they go to countries such as Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
Structural problems that directly affect the economy.
Poor power supply, No water supply,bad road and poor transport infrastructure, poor health care, insecurity. To mention a few.
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by NotaMod: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ilamina:

He likes Nigeria to London because he enjoys the cheap labor and he has slaves that call him Master (Oga).
And he willingly admitted to that?
That isn't luxury, that is just cheap labor
Naija is doomed.. smh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Stewart883(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2020
What you said is very correct. You see whites everywhere in the streets like in Gambia,Ghana, Ivory coast,Rwanda etc. It was very strange to me that its only in Nigeria you see mostly Black people.
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Ilamina(f): 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2020
Maybe because Nigeria is bigger

And just a different structure

But we do have white people
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by ProDiverse: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2020
Ilamina:
Maybe because Nigeria is bigger

And just a different structure

But we do have white people

It's mostly insecurity and lack of basic amenities. Most of these cities you find Whites have atleast 24hours power supply, and security is guaranteed. Travel to most francophone countries and see whites everywhere. Like it's a normal sight. But Nigeria is messed. Kidnapping, bokoharam etc..
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by ednut1(m): 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
NotaMod:

He likes Nigeria to London because he enjoys the cheap labor and he has slaves that call him Master (Oga).
Naija is doomed.. smh.
very wicked humans. Driver 30k, gate man 15k maid 20k. On a salary of about 1.5m.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by missjo(f): 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2020
Nigeria isn't as safe and comfortable as Ghana, to be honest.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
What even baffles me most is that our so called leaders travel out and they also see how their environment is over there and yet there's no changes in their own country here anyone who pass around challenge Texaco teju hospital last year December will know that our leaders can change this country they just don't want to do it

1 Like

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Minsk24: 3:44am On Jul 02, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
What even baffles me most is that our so called leaders travel out and they also see how their environment is over there and yet there's no changes in their own country here anyone who pass around challenge Texaco teju hospital last year December will know that our leaders can change this country they just don't want to do it

Very baffling, its like them no even get shame
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by 1Sharon(f): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Afam4eva:

What about the Chinese and Lebanese?

You might whites don't come to Nigeria as tourists
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by 1Sharon(f): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Ilamina:

He was basically a rich man in Nigeria and poor where he came from.
The value of the pound
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by 1Sharon(f): 12:31pm On Jul 02, 2020
NotaMod:

Naija is doomed.. smh.

What do you mean? Isn't he paying them?

And don't the workers call Nigerians oga too?
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
1Sharon:

What about the Chinese and Lebanese?

You might whites don't come to Nigeria as tourists
Even though the Chinese, Lebanese and Indians are known for moving to different countries. They're simply here for the economic benefits just like the whites.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by ImpregnaTor(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
why is this country such a zoo, probably one of the worst country to live as a human.
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by NotaMod: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2020
1Sharon:

What do you mean? Isn't he paying them?

And don't the workers call Nigerians oga too?

Is he really? He is paying them what their labor is worth?

Is he treating them with dignity? The basis of him chosing Nigeria over UK is just wrong
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by 1Sharon(f): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2020
NotaMod:

Is he really? He is paying them what their labor is worth?

I don't know. Do Nigerians pay their employees their labour's worth?
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by NotaMod: 1:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
1Sharon:

I don't know. Do Nigerians pay their employees their labour's worth?

This is a whataboutism argument. You're deflecting
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by 1Sharon(f): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
NotaMod:

This is a whataboutism argument. You're deflecting

OK he does.
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by klever18(m): 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
seeing white in the street is a privilege to y'all right? like demma whites wants to be seeing blacks in the street in their country.
blacks should wake up
Re: Why Does Accra almost Look Like South Africa by samwash(m): 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
Which white man go wan settle in an environment that is not guaranteed maximum security, no basic amenities like 24/7 electricity, water, poor medical facility.
To even waka for street, you go see beggers hustling them for money, even to the extent of buy things in the open market, suddenly the prize of goods is inflated becox it's a white skin man.
We are only doing ourselves,we make our environment not comfortable/ conductive for the white man to stay , yet we are running to their country to take solace. When they now tell you to leave their country,we will start crying foul that they are wicked.
If the whole of African is has developed( technology, science & medicine) like the American,Europe or Asia, we will never accommodate the white man in our continent because of our greed & self centeredness.
My own take.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Seeking To Move To The US Don’t You All See These? / Please I Need Advice From People In Abuja. Am Depressed! / My Experience With This UK Recruiting Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.