Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

“i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus (7085 Views)

New Gospel Music: -jeremiah Gyang – “stay With Me” (download Mp3) / Jeremiah Gyang / New Jeremiah Gyang And Asa What A Combo ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by steezzcom: 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2011
Sgt -Plus came with the hit track “Kauna Allah” featuring Jeremiah Gyang some years back which shook the music industry and after a little while, he just disappeared and left many wondering he went to. Unknown to many the young man had gone back to conclude his studies and now that he’s done with studies is out with a new single “My Sexy” featuring Shifi of Styl Plus and an album in the offing.

Kauna Allah was produced by Jeremiah Gyang and aside the original version, Jeremiah Gyang also did his own personal remixes of the song and so during our recent interview with him, we sought to know what the deal was between him and Jeremiah Gyang regarding the song. He said Jerry capitalized on his absence to exploit a song he paid him to produce for him. He said initially he was disgusted at what Jerry was doing but that right now, the whole thing only makes him laugh.

“Funny enough it was back then I used to look at what Jerry was doing (remixing the song) and get upset.

I used to be angry that he was capitalizing on my absence to exploit a song I paid him to produce for

me, but right now, the whole thing makes me laugh cos it seem to me like he didn’t have any other thing

to offer and that’s why he keeps going back to remix my song. That song was what took me to MTV Base,

MTV Alert 2006 and Planet 1 and I was the runner up after P Square”.

“Each time I go to perform that song with him, he comes around like the song is his and since he was

like the super star then people felt it was his. I like Jeremiah Gyang, he’s a good producer with great

vocals but sometimes his character comes to question. I’m not the first he’s done things like this to.

All the media houses the song went to know it’s my song even MTV Base and youtube. The truth is always

the truth cos one time when he tried performing that song at a show, the MC told him the song was for

Sgt Plus and he got embarrassed. Like I told you before I’m more mature now so the whole thing doesn’t

bother me anymore”.

He also said there is a possibility he might still work with Jeremiah Gyang in future.

“I don’t have issue with him, we’re still cool so we might still work together in future. As a matter of

fact he’ll be in my album cos Kauna Allah is going to be on my album. What ever happened between us was

just a professional beef”.

Below is the link to Kauna Allah and his new single “My sexy” featuring Shifi of Styl-Plus

http://www.4shared.com/audio/VOoNmjWl/Kauna_Allah_2_.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/glbLGP_q/My_Sexy_2_.html

Story link on our site.
http://steezz.com/morecontent.aspx?head=24-steezzwood

Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by tosinaded(m): 12:07am On Feb 01, 2011
Remove jerry's chorus, and that song is crap!
I rememba that mtv stuff in 06. . .
They all came to unilag back then, dbanj and donjazzy, psquare,mode9 and sgt plus
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by tosinaded(m): 12:09am On Feb 01, 2011
They all came to unilag back then, dbanj and donjazzy, psquare,mode9 and sgt plus
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by Chuks84(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2011
I agree the lyrics of the song was kinda wack, the hook was the saving grace. but still, I've lost respect for Jeremiah Gyang. I assumed he had sgt plus' permission to remix the track. he ought to be sued.
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by dammiecool(m): 11:40am On Feb 01, 2011
tosinaded@:

Is dat d reason why he should exploit a song he was paid to produce

diss tosin adada sef undecided undecided
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by tosinaded(m): 12:01pm On Feb 01, 2011
Dammie can u pls quote where i posted that jerry is right!
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by hummer66: 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2011
first of all i was in uni lag when they come to create awareness for the mtv alert which i went to watch. on mtv base it was written sgt.plus featuring sgt. plus ft jerry gyang so if jerry was to go do another version without the consent of the song is wrong.

imagine brymo doing oleku without iceprice the song would still sell but the song is owned by ice prince regardless or bruno mars to nothing on you without b.o.b the thing is jerry broke the rules he stole and that is wrong
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by conrad8701: 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2011
Jerry was just a coward
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by semid4lyfe(m): 4:46pm On Feb 01, 2011
It was wrong for Jeremiah Gyang to exploit a song he was paid to produce and go behind the artiste's back to record his own version/

I expect something like this from Terry-G, K Solo, ID Cabasa et al and not from someone like him. In fact, Sgt Plus is right. . .this calls Jeremiah Gyang's character and integrity into question. Jerry fall my hand well well with wetin im do and I don dey lose my respect for am. I aslo thought the guy was a born again christian and gospel artist abi na? undecided embarassed

Still, I gats agree with Tosin. . . .Without Jeremiah Gyang's chorus, the song would have been wack & not become a hit IMO. Even at that, I prefer Jeremiah Gyang's version with Skales to the version by Sgt Plus with Jeremiah Gyang.

PS: Sgt Plus made it sound like Jeremiah Gyang did many remixes of the song. Is there any other version of the song apart from the original by Sgt Plus ft Jeremiah Gyang and the version/remix by Jeremiah Gyang ft Skales?
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by dammiecool(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2011
Oya, I don hug transformer but I still nor die. . .what next? grin

kiss a python cry cry
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by steezzcom: 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2011
@Dammie abeg transformer huging is ok, no try python, u might not be dat lucky next time. But who even say make u hug transformer?
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by tosinaded(m): 6:51pm On Feb 01, 2011
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by tical(m): 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2011
It was a FACT that Sadly SGT PLUS lyrics was very wack on his version of the song. .when I heard back then,I was like WTF?? nd jerry's chorus saved the song nd made it worth listenin but that is not the issue here. .the shocking thing here is that it was very unproffesional & mischievious of jeremiah to go around remixin the song he was paid to produce wiv other cats like he owns it witout SGT permission. .infact He is worse than Terry G. . he needs to be sued for that. .I think SGT is just letting this criminal offence lay low cuz jeremiah career is in a coma. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by semid4lyfe(m): 7:36am On Feb 02, 2011
Tosinaded@:

semid4lyfe

there are two remixes i know off. . . ft M.I and scales

http://www.notjustok.com/2010/02/09/exclusive-jeremiah-gyang-in-love-with-you-gods-love-ft-skales/

Tosin. . . thanks! I only knew of the remix by Jeremiah Gyang ft Skales and I so much love that version. I go check out that M.I version when I get on PC later in the day
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by dawhizkid1(m): 8:20am On Feb 02, 2011
ALL producers that are artistes are guilty of this sin, atleast the ones i've seen. They either use beats the paid them for, For theirselves, or they'll steal part of a hook, or part of a rap, or they'l sell ur beat to anoda person or sumtin. . . . So its no exactly new! Jerry f.u.ck up sha. . . At least he 4 protect e 'born again/christian' image na.
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by Snipose(m): 9:34am On Feb 02, 2011
I think it will be fair to state that anyone who felt Sgt. Plus's lyrics was weak can easily be regarded as a nitwit. Bearing the year of release of the song in question. How many 9ja rappers were that good? We should give the guy a break, and call a spade a spade. Jerry Stole d song cos he was paid for the production. Simple!!!!!!
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by jbenson1: 2:32pm On Feb 05, 2011
the major issue here is jeremiah gyang had remix the song twice withot sgt.plus permission and we all know when a good song has been remixesd it always sounds better. am glad to read that sgt.plus says he has no grudge towards jeremiah gyang.

you guys should listen to the my sexy ft shifi of styl plus nice song and i think the rapper has fully improved and ready to make a difference in the industry
Re: “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus by eghost247(m): 3:44pm On Apr 25, 2011
I Prefer the original to any of those songs

(1) (Reply)

A Must Watch Video; Yung 6ix Feat. Wizkid -- Follow Me / Joy To The World -- Hymn Solfa / Nominees Hip-hop World Awards 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.