Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? (231 Views)

COVID-19: Boss Mustpha Says This Is The Right Time To Lockdown / Covid-19: high prices Of Food Items / When Is The Right Time To Take Drugs: Before, After Or With Meal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? by Pentalpha62: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
Am in a big dilemma. Please i need mature advice.

I have a government Job and a business here in Nigeria . I make at least #800,000 Naira, per month from both.

The Work Permit to Canada, i applied for in January, just came out.

Is it really wise to travel now, to start a new life, go job hunting, considering the pandemic and high unemployment rate even in Canada?

How are Nigerians out there coping?

I don't want to lose everything here only to end up frustrated in Canada.
Please i need mature advice especially from folks over there in Canada.

Thank you.
Re: Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? by viyon02: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2020
To be frank with you, no need to move to Canada, #800000 a month Is ok to live large here in Nigeria, just invest more into the business and see if you can make up to 1m per month. before you know it you will be thinking about bigger business.
Re: Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? by Pentalpha62: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
viyon02:
To be frank with you, no need to move to Canada, #800000 a month Is ok to live large here in Nigeria, just invest more into the business and see if you can make up to 1m per month. before you know it you will be thinking about bigger business.
Thanks dear.
Re: Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? by EngrXrix(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
Pentalpha62:
Am in a big dilemma. Please i need mature advice.

I have a government Job and a business here in Nigeria . I make at least #800,000 Naira, per month from both.

The Work Permit to Canada, i applied for in January, just came out.

Is it really wise to travel now, to start a new life, go job hunting, considering the pandemic and high unemployment rate even in Canada?

How are Nigerians out there coping?

I don't want to lose everything here only to end up frustrated in Canada.
Please i need mature advice especially from folks over there in Canada.

Thank you.
Bros move. Naira no get value again.
Re: Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? by Exmilitant(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2020
What you are looking for in SOKOTO, is in your SHOKOTO! I have a thriving business that has enabled me visit so many countries including Canada. There is nothing so special about those places. Concentrate on your job and expand your hustle so that you can always visit any country of your choice. Last time i visited Canada, (Montreal) so many Nigerians i met there were jobless! Some were doing odd jobs to survive. They told me they were ashamed to come back home because, folks back home were expecting them big. My friend, the streets abroad are not paved with gold.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? by Pentalpha62: 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2020
Exmilitant:
What you are looking for in SOKOTO, is in your SHOKOTO! I have a thriving business that has enabled me visit so many countries including Canada. There is nothing so special about those places. Concentrate on your job and expand your hustle so that you can always visit any country of your choice. Last time i visited Canada, (Montreal) so many Nigerians i met there were jobless! Some were doing odd jobs to survive. They told me they were ashamed to come back home because, folks back home were expecting them big. My friend, the streets abroad are not paved with gold.
Thanks a bunch.
Re: Covid-19, High Unemployment Rate, Is This A Right Time To Move Overseas? by CanadaOrBust: 11:42pm On Jul 01, 2020
It’s always the right time to move overseas.
Then same old story will repeat itself.
Your eyes will clear.
Fortune rarely favors the over greedy

(1) (Reply)

Detoxify Body System With Scc15 / Amitabh Bachan Tested COVID-19 Positive / Norland Health Care For Bad Breath, Mouth Ulcer, Mouth Odor, Tooth Aches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.