Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives (13810 Views)

Resident Doctors Go On Indefinite Strike Over Nonpayment, Lack Of PPE / Abuja COVID-19 Response Team On Strike Over Non-payment Of Allowances / Doctors To Embark On Nationwide Strike Over NUC’s PhD Directive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by ScholarRidwan: 12:35pm On Jul 02, 2020
Dear Good people of Nairaland, please kindly take a minute to read.
 Earlier this year I got an admission offer from a school in US but my application could not be evaluated for funding due to late submission. I had to differ the offer till next year and will have to submit  GRE score that was initially waived because of the pandemic to be evaluated for funding.

I was told if i could write the GRE and score very high coupled with my good academic background I'm sure going to get the funding. I already saved about 50k for the exam until I was told I'll be needing an International passport for the registration. I inquired about the cost of doing that which was 17800 on getting to immigration I spent nothing less than 40k to get the passport done. Now I'm I've just 10k left and the cost of the exam is 60k.

And the reason why I've to register now is.because there are not so many centers and if one does not register early enough (at least 3months prior) the scheduled date might not fit into your plan because of limited centers, and in my case my result must've been ready by December so I can be evaluated early enough when there would be more funding available and less competition.

I was able to raise the initial 50k by going to site with Surveyors and work as an instrument operator but the whole pandemic issue has affected the availability of jobs already and I'm even still being owed. So, I'm pleading with eyes full of tears to any kind hearted person to please come to my aid and support my ambition. I'm very positive of acing this exam and getting a full funding.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by airminem(f): 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Sponsored action of the union.
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by oneclickng: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
Bad government.

Need help buying from Clickbank?

Check my signature
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
donbachi:
Ncdc go don pay dem heavily.
i wonder why some people think upside-down. Smh.

1 Like

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Judolisco(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2020
Why is dis governor dumb like dis.. Make dem join kogi to ekiti state or Abuja fct
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by realstars: 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
When You Use Back Door, Two Things Are Involved.
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2020
Benite:

Not true bro.

2 Likes

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by NairaMaster1(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2020
What a governor?
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by AerialMapper: 1:18pm On Jul 02, 2020
There is no COVID-19 in Kogi State.

The Governor has an App

Covidiot!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by extol1(m): 1:21pm On Jul 02, 2020
inoki247:
The Governor say e no dey na by Force
Na by force, there are covid 19 patients in kogi state. how can he playing with people's lives, well I know him not to value people's lives when he doesn't pay salaries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by earnit1: 1:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
hmmmm
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Eryyy92: 1:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
Boxers001:

Udemy courses available, Get each course for just 1k (discounts for multiple courses available )
Mr I can see that you are a professional in ICT. Honestly I respect and admire persons who are experts in ICT
may God continue to bless your hands and your hustle

1 Like

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by stanisbaratheon: 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
Kogi have a gangster for a governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by kay7: 1:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
Apart from the FMC, which hospital is the state running that can treat the unfortunate people the state.
The governor should be cautioned by the FG for risking the lives of innocent people of Kogi. Bello and his health commissioner are taking this joke too far.
FMC staff have the right to protect themselves and as the governors is still denying the existence of the virus, he should leave FMC alone and use his own state hospitals (if any) to perpetuate His lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by TONYE001(m): 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
0taPiaPia:
Our health sector is in shambles.. as of today, you can't go to the hospital to treat anything without the supposed health professionals behaving funny.. branding every ailment as covid so people rather stay home and help themselves.

I'm in the hospital. Only this week, we've seen lots of patients and neither I nor my colleagues acted "funny" or labeled any patient as a COVID-19 case. All we do is to apply universal precaution.

It's not that bad.

1 Like

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 02, 2020
Obeghare:
Whoever still thinks covid 19 is no real is living in delusion. Infact he/she need to see the psychiatrist at Yaba left

You first! If it is real why are you still alive?
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Benite: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by iko123: 2:08pm On Jul 02, 2020
The only kindergarten governor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
Benite:

The person i replied said ncdc paid Doctors money to embark on strike which is not true hence i replied.
You are the ignorant person here.
Next time try and understand statements before you attack unjustly.
i apologise to you. I thought you were in his support and I've retracted my comment. You too spologise for insulting me... wink
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by jidamsel43(m): 2:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
Obeghare:
Whoever still thinks covid 19 is no real is living in delusion. Infact he/she need to see the psychiatrist at Yaba left
keep your mouth shut. Everybody is entitled to his opinion
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Benite: 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
fairfora:
i apologise to you. I thought you were in his support and I've retracted my comment. You too spologise for insulting me... wink
Sorry about that, accept my sincerest apologies, stay safe.
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Benite:

Sorry about that, accept my sincerest apologies, stay safe.
Same here
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by helpfindbolu: 3:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by chrismastre5(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2020
Obeghare:
Then stop trying to convince people of its existence, they are suppose experience it by themselves
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by jidamsel43(m): 6:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
The major cause of their strike is that Governor Bello has deprived them of Covid19 allowance.

They really want to have covid19 positive cases so that they can enjoy allowances
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by YesBoss1(m): 7:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
donbachi:

Must you advertise your idiocy? Now every don know.
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by YesBoss1(m): 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
jidamsel43:
The major cause of their strike is that Governor Bello has deprived them of Covid19 allowance.

They really want to have covid19 positive cases so that they can enjoy allowances

Federal medical center is a federal hospital, Yahaya Bello is a state governor. Wetin concern state with payment of allowance to federal workers?
You can see from this that you really don't have sense.
Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by 0taPiaPia(m): 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2020
TONYE001:

I'm in the hospital. Only this week, we've seen lots of patients and neither I nor my colleagues acted "funny" or labeled any patient as a COVID-19 case. All we do is to apply universal precaution.

It's not that bad.

If you and your colleagues are approaching it differently.. my respect, I appreciate you all.

1 Like

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by Arewa1408: 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2020
donbachi:

If person call you what you are, it will be deemed bad or wicked. You read that hoodlums attacked the hospital and carted away their files, hospital computers and medical equipments and now the doctors are on strike and this action was signed by 7, i repeat seven different workers association and youre talking about NCDC bribing them..... Seriously part of our problem in this country is the "stupidity" of the citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by paperboi147: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
Comedian2019:
Bello Vs NCDC
Criminals vs Thieves
Wetin be scores na?
I won't be surprised if Yahaya Bello suddenly claims to have COVID19 once alert enter.
God bless u bro
we for kogi no even sure covid 19 exist

1 Like

Re: FMC Kogi Doctors Go On Strike Over Poor Management Of COVID-19 & Threat To Lives by donbachi(m): 11:04am On Jul 03, 2020
Arewa1408:

If person call you what you are, it will be deemed bad or wicked. You read that hoodlums attacked the hospital and carted away their files, hospital computers and medical equipments and now the doctors are on strike and this action was signed by 7, i repeat seven different workers association and youre talking about NCDC bribing them..... Seriously part of our problem in this country is the "stupidity" of the citizens.
u are wrong..covid-19 in nigeria,is like a conspiracy.anyone dat is not benefitting,comes up with a shiit to enable him/her or them,get their own share..dis is nigeria,people do shiit for selfish gains.and dis is the least in dat list.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guinea Records Seven Ebola Cases As Health Chief Calls Outbreak An ‘epidemic’ / Fansidar (swidar) Or Amala For Pregnant Woman / Taraba: 110,000 People Are Living With HIV/AIDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.