Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Curbing The Spread Of Covid 19: The River State Strategy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Curbing The Spread Of Covid 19: The River State Strategy (144 Views)

Lady Attempts Commiting Suicide By Jumping Into The River In Lagos (video) / How People Are Containing The Spread Of Coronavirus Around The World (Photos) / Nigeria’s Hot Temperature May Suppress Spread Of Coronavirus — Virologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Curbing The Spread Of Covid 19: The River State Strategy by poetictwenty(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2020
As I made my way to work today in the Rivers State covid 19 Free bus, I saw reasons to applaud the Rivers government for being alive to their responsibility of safeguarding the state and bringing the dividend of democracy to her dwellers.
I remember listening to Dr. Ikenna Benjamin, over the radio years ago, when he defined Good Governance as "the ability to take decisions that is beneficial to majority, if possible, all of the citizen" he further said that the ability of a government to come up with cohesive policies that can solve and meet needs of its populist can be termed as good governance.
The free bus doesn't only provide free transportation around portharcourt, but also, act as a means of identifying possible corona virus patents.
Before someone makes his/her way into the bus, he has to be properly protected with nose mask , while santizers is offered to him by the bus security.His body temperature will also be read with help of the "gun thermometer".
Rumor has it that anyone with high temperature is taken to the testing centre for further examination.
I will encourage others governors to adopt this approach.
Ohuche Joseph

(1) (Reply)

COVID 19 Update: NCDC Says Ban On Mass Gatherings Has Not Been Relaxed / Cost Of Groceries In Lagos After The Pandemic / WHO Rejects Hydroxychloroquine, Lopinavir, Ritonavir For Treatment Of Covid-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.