Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Anal Fissure - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anal Fissure (1161 Views)

Laser Surgery Experience For Piles/hermorroids And Anal Fissure / Will Women With Anal Fissure Experience Pain During Sex / How Do You Get Rid Of A Stubborn Anal Fissure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anal Fissure by VicM6: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
please help a friend, please how can my friend treat an anal fissure(a cut in the anus). He is in pain and scared of using the toilet because of the pain.. He has been doing sit bath for a week now with no improvement, been to the hospital too and still no improvement..... Please doctor's what can he do?.... is there an alternative way.
Re: Anal Fissure by Juliusmomoh: 3:50pm On Jul 02, 2020
grin .. Make we see the pic
Re: Anal Fissure by xynerise: 4:13pm On Jul 02, 2020
VicM6:
please help a friend, please how can my friend treat an anal fissure(a cut in the anus). He is in pain and scared of using the toilet because of the pain.. He has been doing sit bath for a week now with no improvement, been to the hospital too and still no improvement..... Please doctor's what can he do?.... is there an alternative way.

What have you been inserting in your ass?
Re: Anal Fissure by VicM6: 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
xynerise:

What has he been inserting in his ass?
lol,he said hard stool caused it... that after using the toilet then he noticed a stranged pain in his anus and a little bit of blood strain
Re: Anal Fissure by xynerise: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
VicM6:
lol,he said hard stool caused it... that after using the toilet then he noticed a stranged pain in his anus and a little bit of blood strain

Did he stool razor blade? I don't think it was just a stool that caused it no matter how hard. He is not saying something
Re: Anal Fissure by VicM6: 4:27pm On Jul 02, 2020
xynerise:

Did he stool razor blade? I don't think it was just a stool that caused it no matter how hard. He is not saying something
Bro we read it on net that hard stool, constipation can cause anal fissure.

1 Like

Re: Anal Fissure by xynerise: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
VicM6:
Bro we read it on net that hard stool, constipation can cause anal fissure.

Ok, let's just accept it the internet way. He probably takes less water. Anal fissure usually heals by itself
Re: Anal Fissure by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
VicM6:

Good that you got the diagnosis right. Many would called anything down there pile.
Anal fissure is a tear in the anal canal, usually in the posterior part, caused by passage of hard stools, and again made worse by continued passage of hard stools.

How long has it been?
If it's acute, conservative measures can help it heal.
But if it's chronic or has been recurrent with failed medical measures, then a simple surgical procedure will be the next line of action to sort it out.
It's a usually a daycase procedure, as the patient goes home thereafter
Re: Anal Fissure by VicM6: 4:37pm On Jul 02, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Good that you got the diagnosis right. Many would called anything down there pile.
Anal fissure is a tear in the anal canal, usually in the posterior part, caused by passage of hard stools, and again made worse by continued passage of hard stools.

How long has it been?
If it's acute, conservative measures can help it heal.
But if it's chronic or has been recurrent with failed medical measures, then a simple surgical procedure will be the next line of action to sort it out.
It's a usually a daycase procedure, as the patient goes home thereafter
He said he had the same anal fissure like 4yrs ago and just last month it resurfaced again.
Re: Anal Fissure by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2020
VicM6:
He said he had the same anal fissure like 4yrs ago and just last month it resurfaced again.

Yes, it can recur even after healing.
Re: Anal Fissure by VicM6: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Yes, it can recur even after healing.
Nawa o, thou i told him wat he used d last time and he said sitz bath with salt but it took him 2months b4 it was healed.... so i told him to try the same method again.... but he is complaining of pain and saying he wants fast healing.... mean why the doctor said since blood does not flow well in the rectum, it takes time b4 anal fissure can be healed... He said he wants to try herbs but av told him my hands nd my leg no dey o... b4 d case will be critical.
Re: Anal Fissure by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
VicM6:
Nawa o, thou i told him wat he used d last time and he said sitz bath with salt but it took him 2months b4 it was healed.... so i told him to try the same method again.... but he is complaining of pain and saying he wants fast healing.... mean why the doctor said since blood does not flow well in the rectum, it takes time b4 anal fissure can be healed... He said he wants to try herbs but av told him my hands nd my leg no dey o... b4 d case will be critical.

Every wound takes time to heal.
But if he wants it faster and has the money for it, he can opt for the procedure I mentioned above.
There's no herbs that make wounds heal faster.
What delays healing in anal fissures is the spasm of the anal sphincter, which reduces the blood supply to the injured area. The procedure will relieve the spasm and allows the tear heal faster.
Re: Anal Fissure by VicM6: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Every wound takes time to heal.
But if he wants it faster and has the money for it, he can opt for the procedure I mentioned above.
There's no herbs that make wounds heal faster.
What delays healing in anal fissures is the spasm of the anal sphincter, which reduces the blood supply to the injured area. The procedure will relieve the spasm and allows the tear heal faster.
thanks bro. you mean the surgical option bah....
Re: Anal Fissure by onecrate: 7:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
VicM6:
thanks bro. you mean the surgical option bah....
Same thing happened to me weeks ago. I took stool softener anytime I felt the urge to go to toilet and pain relief when I come out. It helped although the pain lasted for hours. It healed on its own Sha.
Re: Anal Fissure by armyofone(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
grin grin

xynerise:

Re: Anal Fissure by georgee(m): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
Very educative thread
Re: Anal Fissure by Estellie: 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
onecrate:
Same thing happened to me weeks ago. I took stool softener anytime I felt the urge to go to toilet and pain relief when I come out. It helped although the pain lasted for hours. It healed on its own Sha.
Please do you still remember the name of the softener you used?
Re: Anal Fissure by hello66: 12:46am On Oct 01, 2023
Mist mag can work
Re: Anal Fissure by hello66: 12:48am On Oct 01, 2023
onecrate:

Thought I was the only one is these world facing these currently

Mine has lasted for 1 month +

(1) (Reply)

The Oldest Person Alive / Causes & Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer (cancer Of The Cervix) / How To Give Birth To A Boy Or Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.