Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,744 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast (3256 Views)

Coloured Popcorn Gone Wrong / Sales Of Instant Noodles Declining Fast In China / 10 Pictures Of Cooking Gone Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by quintybabe(f): 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2020
Just few minutes ago, I decided to make puffpuff and this is not my first time of making it but because I was hundry and wanted to make it fast, I opted for instant yeast. With instant yeast you can fry your puff immediately, no need to wait for it to rise. The whole thing looks ok till I decided to fry. First I noticed that the look wasn't nice but then I thought it could be the quality of the floor but after I took a bite, I knew something was wrong. I decided to put one into two pieces and i wasnt pleased with what i saw. If you have ever tried making akara from a beans floor, you know it doesn't look the same as your fresh blended beans, not only that, the inside of the akara looks like rubber. That was exactly what i got. A rubber looking puffpuff on the inside. I have attached pictures.
The first picture is that of the puffpuff I made with the instant yeast
The second picture is what it looks on the inside
The third pix is the one i made with the regular dry yeast.
I feel there is a lesson to this and that is, there is no short cut in life! No more instant yeast, I will be patience next time.

3 Likes

Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by sLentlover7778(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2020
Nice one OP.

Be patience and always strive to be unique in everything you do.

Remeber, work doesn’t feel like work when you love what your doing.

Now I feel like eating hot puff puff..

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by Ekez(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
I live these dis wan tire god
Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by okirewaju(f): 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2020
The third pics looks better.
Where is the Chi exotic drink you had it with?

1 Like

Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by lifenajeje(m): 7:51am On Jul 03, 2020
The fact that it's written instant yeast does not mean immediate usage ..

U need to wait for it to rise ..

Probably yeast went bad due to storage .

1 Like

Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by Mariangeles(f): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2020
@quintybabe, the problem was not the yeast, you made a mistake by not allowing the batter to rise.
Instant yeast means that you don't need to activate it before using, you can just add it straight to the flour, but then you have to let the batter rise before frying.

See the ones I made with instant yeast:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by quintybabe(f): 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Mariangeles:
@quintybabe, the problem was not the yeast, you made a mistake by not allowing the batter to rise.
Instant yeast means that you don't need to activate it before using, you can just add it straight to the flour, but then you have to let the batter rise before frying.

Hmm I did o! I left it for about 7minutes isn't that long enough?
Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by quintybabe(f): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
okirewaju:
The third pics looks better.
Where is the Chi exotic drink you had it with?
Lol!
Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by quintybabe(f): 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
lifenajeje:
The fact that it's written instant yeast does not mean immediate usage ..

U need to wait for it to rise ..

Probably yeast went bad due to storage .
I did but may b it wasn't long enough
Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by Mariangeles(f): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
quintybabe:

No grin
It should have been left for at least 30mins.
You can try again.

1 Like

Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by chii8(f): 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
quintybabe:

Aunty, did you say 7mins?mbanu you should have left it for at least 45mins ooo, kpele.Your next attempt will be better.

1 Like

Re: Puffpuff Making Gone Wrong Because Of Instant Yeast by DrFunmisticGlow: 12:09am On Jul 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

gbam

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Excuse Me How Do I Prepare Irish Potatoes / Chicken Republic 1500 Special At Eko Atlantic City. Pictures / This Wonder Called Agege Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.