Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? (1074 Views)

Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Just Like Lagos – Alake / Why Won't You Be Voting On Saturday? / Mike Okiro: Tinubu will fix Nigeria like Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Binikingdowm: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
I keep hearing "Edo is not Lagos" from some clowns.. won't Edo people be happy for Edo state to be like Lagos??.

Lagos is like the 5 biggest economy in Africa and the most developed state not only in Africa but world wide, it keep progressing everyday..

I would like for my state to be like that, infact I would like for Edo state to have a tinubu kind of person to boost development in Edo state..

PDP era saw the downfall of Edo state until oshiobaba came along, the most beautiful pictures of Edo state you can find on the internet was done by oshiomole.

Then came obaseki, 4 years he did nothing his only achievement is signing mou and painting Secretariat and stadium buildings yet fools keep shouting Edo is not Lagos.

You can't even compare kaduna to Edo state because Edo is far behind thanks to El rufai developing his state daily.

You can't compare Edo state to akwa ibom because of udom developing his state.

Bleep obaseki abeg, 4 years nothing for Edo, even asaba is now more developed than benin city.

6 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
I'll be happy ooo. Infact Edo should be like Lagos. We want to developed

As big as Edo state no single flyover, just one stadium, no single investment. No estate buildings. No tourist attractions

3 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Superwave: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
grin

Na igbo n ipob Wan push Edo people inside gutter but that is left for them to reject or accept.

3 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
Superwave:
grin

Na igbo n ipob Wan push Edo people inside gutter but that is left for them to reject or accept.
because I don't understand this matter because as a Benin guy, I'm ashamed of the present state of things.

I wish I can reverse time to make tinubu our governor, I will do it

3 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by helinues: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
They are coming for you

Funniest part,those who put am for head like gala are not even from Edo state not to talk of having voters card..

2 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Iriruaga100(m): 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
How many good road, good public schools do you have in Lagos?? Its shameful to talk about Lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by EcoBrick: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I'll be happy ooo. Infact Edo should be like Lagos. We want to developed

As big as Edo state no single flyover, just one stadium, no single investment. No estate buildings. No tourist attractions

You mean Edo still never get even one flyover up till today? This must be some kind of joke.
Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Iriruaga100:
How many good road, good public schools do you have in Lagos?? Its shameful to talk about Lagos.
guy are you comparing Edo to Lagos??

Do you know our gra(best area in Edo state) are like agegule areas in Lagos State??

Victoria island, eco Atlantic etc Lagos is like 1000x better than Edo state

3 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
EcoBrick:

You mean Edo still never get even one flyover up till today? This must be some kind of joke.
not a single flyover in Edo state and just one pedestrian bridge.

We don't even have estate areas like the ones in kaduna, enugu, Lagos etc.

Edo state need progress

2 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Asgard13: 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
Superwave:
grin

As Yoruba pushed Oshiomole comot from Chairman
Push ajimobi enter grave ...

push Tinubu their. Living diety enter mortality..

Iya mu is currently in life support all thanks to yoruba people and their support

Yoruba support you.... you’re bound to go Oshiomole way
Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Iriruaga100(m): 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Do you know our gra(best area in Edo state) are like agegule areas in Lagos State??

What have they done with the huge IGR in Lagos since the era of democracy in Nigeria?? Do you have top notch infrastructure in Lagos?? Can you compare Lagos with Abidjan in terms of infrastructural development?? How many cities in Africa still have omonile?? There is nothing of such in Edo, you develop your property with ease!! Lagos is no were better than Edo..

1 Like

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by EcoBrick: 3:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
not a single flyover in Edo state and just one pedestrian bridge.

We don't even have estate areas like the ones in kaduna, enugu, Lagos etc.

Edo state need progress

That's a sad state of affairs. Ebonyi is nowhere close to being as endowed as Edo, be it in human or other resources, yet we can all see the infrastructural strides going on there. Edo needs to step up.

1 Like

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
Iriruaga100:

What have they done with the huge IGR in Lagos since the era of democracy in Nigeria?? Do you have top notch infrastructure in Lagos?? Can you compare Lagos with Abidjan in terms of infrastructural development?? How many cities in Africa still have omonile?? There is nothing of such in Edo, you develop your property with ease!! Lagos is no were better than Edo..
what are you saying seff??

In subsahara africa only Johannesburg in South Africa is better than Lagos State. Lagos State is the most developed state in nigeria.

Don't ever try comparing Edo state to Lagos, you do know Lagos developed his state to have igr and huge foreign investment??.

Just imagine if obaseki had built the gelegele port and industrial park like he promised, we would have been better than now

1 Like

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
EcoBrick:

That's a sad state of affairs. Ebonyi is nowhere close to being as endowed as Edo, be it in human or other resources, yet we can all see the infrastructural strides going on there. Edo needs to step up.
exactly my point.

With huge allocation and 13% oil proceed obaseki only achievement is painting of Secretariat building and stadium.

It's such a shame

2 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Iriruaga100(m): 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

In subsahara africa only Johannesburg in South Africa is better than Lagos State. Lagos State is the most developed state in nigeria.

Don't ever try comparing Edo state to Lagos, you do know Lagos developed his state to have igr and huge foreign investment??.

Just imagine if obaseki had built the gelegele port and industrial park like he promised, we would have been better than now

What are the indices used to measure development?? Lagos is nowhere near what you call developed. Its a city that has been derailing from her development plan since the late 80s. A city with no central sewage system, no central water board, no working and efficient transport system that will faze out danfo is not developed. All the inner roads in Lagos are in terrible state and you want her to be the model in Nigeria. Yet again, what has Lagos down with all her FDI and IGR??

1 Like

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
Iriruaga100:

What are the indices used to measure development?? Lagos is nowhere near what you call developed. Its a city that has been derailing from her development plan since the late 80s. A city with no central sewage system, no central water board, no working and efficient transport system that will faze out danfo is not developed. All the inner roads in Lagos are in terrible state and you want her to be the model in Nigeria. Yet again, what has Lagos down with all her FDI and IGR??
Lagos is developed because it's a city state, it's the headquarter of west Africa and will continue to grow because previous governments has set in place infrastructures to enable development.

It's houses nigeria financial, economic and entertainment center, it's good sides is alot more than the bad side.

Do you know the igr you talked about doesn't fall from sky?? It was made possible by the government, it's the only state without natural resources that can survive on his own.

Everyday is a new developmental projects in Lagos.

I want Edo state to be like that

2 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Yaribanzaonic: 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
The Yaribaaa ......don't know that their 'so called' smarts are actually based on being sophisticated Moronsss. grin

Asgard13:

As Yoruba pushed Oshiomole comot from Chairman
Push ajimobi enter grave ...

push Tinubu their. Living diety enter mortality..

Iya mu is currently in life support all thanks to yoruba people and their support

Yoruba support you.... you’re bound to go Oshiomole way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Iriruaga100(m): 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Lagos is developed because it's a city state, it's the headquarter of west Africa and will continue to grow because previous governments has set in place infrastructures to enable development.

It's houses nigeria financial, economic and entertainment center, it's good sides is alot more than the bad side.

Do you know the igr you talked about doesn't fall from sky?? It was made possible by the government, it's the only state without natural resources that can survive on his own.

Everyday is a new developmental projects in Lagos.

I want Edo state to be like that

What is the gain of Lagos as the commercial nerve centre in Nigeria and West Africa to ordinary lagosian?? There is really no gain, as it all go to the godfather.. Travel round the city, you begin to wonder if this is Lagos.. She is in terrible state!! When it rains you will question the use of her IGR in Surulere and other areas..

2 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by BERNIMOORE: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Binikingdowm:
I keep hearing "Edo is not Lagos" from some clowns.. won't Edo people be happy for Edo state to be like Lagos??.

Lagos is like the 5 biggest economy in Africa and the most developed state not only in Africa but world wide, it keep progressing everyday..

I would like for my state to be like that, infact I would like for Edo state to have a tinubu kind of person to boost development in Edo state..

PDP era saw the downfall of Edo state until oshiobaba came along, the most beautiful pictures of Edo state you can find on the internet was done by oshiomole.

Then came obaseki, 4 years he did nothing his only achievement is signing mou and painting Secretariat and stadium buildings yet fools keep shouting Edo is not Lagos.

You can't even compare kaduna to Edo state because Edo is far behind thanks to El rufai developing his state daily.

You can't compare Edo state to akwa ibom because of udom developing his state.

Bleep obaseki abeg, 4 years nothing for Edo, even asaba is now more developed than benin city.

Now let me educate you

Lagos can be regarded as Big for Nothing.

Agberos earn far better than Educated ones...

No enabling environment in Lagos Again since Tinubu Seize power...Everything there is overtaxed...every small scale business have been rendered unproductive.

what is the usefulness of economy of a state where it benefits few cliques.

Greedy Land grabbers has rendered Lagos useless to motorists as they sandfill Drainages and sell, thereby pushing the water paths to the road causing heavy flooding., Edo township is far peaceful than Lagos not the noisy Cracked voices you hear in Lagos

fInaly Lagos is a burden to itself madness everywhere traffic holdup kills productive hours stress everywhere. Abuse of horn and if you drive car you will be subjected to daily tormenting from traffic and unnecesary logjam

Edo better by far than Lgos

1 Like

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by adelove1914: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

All these and more were made possible by the Federal government of Nigeria and not Tinubu..80 percent of what makes Lagos Lagos today is due to the fact that it was a former federal capital and nothing else..

Which infrastructure since 1999 can beat the 3rd Mainland Bridge done by Babaginda. Answer me now or keep quiet..

Lagos of today is nothing but a glorified slum..Period

2 Likes

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Owologbo(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
I'm sure this post is for those who have not been to Lagos. There's nothing special about Lagos. What is there to like in a state that is being pocketed by 1 man? no good road and drainage, very dirty state.

1 Like

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by lograr(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Edo no be Lagos yet the first and only town hall meeting he held was done in Lagos.

Edo no be Lagos yet both skilled and unskilled workers that worked in stadium renovation and uniben hostel renovation came from Lagos. I met them.

Edo no be Lagos yet he has been voting in Lagos until he became part of Edo government

Edo no be Lagos yet he can't speak Edo language as an Edo man. I have never seen a lagosian who can't speak Yoruba.

I'm an Edo man
Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Owologbo(m): 5:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
Superwave:
grin

you should be thankful to the Igbos and non yorubas in Lagos State. How many of the big firms/companies, business belong to the Yorubas in Lagos State? been feeling funky online with your (Yoruba) less than 20% capital contribution to Lagos State. The only major thing you have in Lagos is land.
Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Superwave: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
Your father no get shame. What does your father own in your village talking more of lagos ?!

Owologbo:

you should be thankful to the Igbos and non yorubas in Lagos State. How many of the big firms/companies, business belong to the Yorubas in Lagos State? been feeling funky online with your (Yoruba) less than 20% capital contribution to Lagos State. The only major thing you have in Lagos is land.
Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Owologbo(m): 5:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

What had your huge igr done with the slumps in surulere, Ikeja (anifowose,ojodu begger, you can't drive through opebi when it rains heavily), ojo, ikorodu, part of ikoyi etc? Keep deceiving yourself and those that read about Lagos State on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by Owologbo(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Superwave:
Your father no get shame. What does your father own in your village talking more of lagos ?!

I'm sure you don't have respect for your good for nothing father; that's why you are very comfortable insulting your father. I won't reply you again.
Re: Won't You Be Happy For Edo To Be Like Lagos?? by BERNIMOORE: 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
.... This is Gafaru street in ikotun..... lagos state.

Eko o ni baje..itesiwaju ilu eko lojo wa loju

(1) (Reply)

Former Governor Ikpeazu On The Run / The Behaviour Of Tinubu, Oba of Lagos And Adeyinka Grandson / BREAKING: Lekki Massacre Now On Wilkipedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.