Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** (883 Views)

How Did The Voters Registration In Ur Area Go??? / No Inec's Voters Registration For Hiv/aids Patients? / How Do U Rate D Voters Registration Exercise In Your Area? Good, Bad Or Fair? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by smarthG(f): 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2011
Voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless in Lagos state. This is because almost 80% of Lagosians work in the Island and this percentage of people are being left with no other option than to do their registration in the Island, of they can not come to the to vote doring election.

Now my question is: Why can't Lagos State government follow what other states did to encourage DEMOCRACY?
OR What will it Cost Lagos state government to declear one(1) or two(2) days holliday so that people will be able to register at
their own area?
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by MaJBlige(f): 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
I guess they work on saturdays and weekends as well?

If they declare holiday - many people will still shout.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by Tingles(m): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
I almost clicked on this topic, thank God I didn't.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by Tingles(m): 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2011
I almost clicked on this topic, thank God I didn't.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by Lawalemi(m): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2011
If no public hol in Lag, I doubt if I'll vote because I works on the Island too.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by deltalife(m): 8:56am On Feb 02, 2011
I have actually carried out a research on this topic and you can do your own research on this too, then

proof me, most people have registered in the Island and have made-up their mind never to vote.

The only solution is if they are allowed a few days rest for that purpose.

Otherwise, NO VOTE FOR ISLAND WORKERS.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by paulsan(m): 10:58am On Feb 02, 2011
Free hearted people and a free nation back up wit courageous people al over.I was'nt tinkin good enough until when i see the high gear spirit put by Nigerians towards the Inec registration, men lets say kudos to every one,
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by MaJBlige(f): 12:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^^

Well said.

Dont mind the poster.

Tomorrow he will be the first to talk about bad Nigeria.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by smarthG(f): 4:30pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

Well said.

Dont mind the poster.

Tomorrow he will be the first to talk about bad Nigeria.

Are you a working class or a sit at home without vision and commend every mediocrity given to you by the Government
and nag those that know how to put government on their foot?
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by MaJBlige(f): 7:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^^^

LOL
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by deltalife(m): 10:49am On Feb 03, 2011
Most of bankers go to their offices on Saturday because of the new banking software that was ordered by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Now when will they have time to tidy their cloths and attend to personal issues, not to talk of going to the registration center where you

will go and queue just to vote.

No holiday no registration.

even when registered, wun't make use of it.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by deltalife(m): 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2011
THIS IS THE MAIL I GOT FROM THE ORGANIZATION I WORK

Dear Colleagues,

The Lagos State Government has declared Saturday, 5th February, 2011 and Sunday, 6th February 2011, Work-Free days to enable workers in the state participate in the on-going Voter Registration Exercise.

Institutions in Lagos State, including the CBN are to remain closed on Saturday and Sunday.

All instruments for our branches in these states should therefore be treated with caution.

----------------------------------------------------------
Marketing and Corporate Communications
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by deltalife(m): 9:51am On Feb 04, 2011
I think we should forget this, because after I saw that mail I attached earlier, I went and registered at a nearby point

hear in the Island.
Re: ****voters Registration Exercise Is Just Useless ***** by deltalife(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2011
All the A.C.N states refuse to allow the indigen a work-free to enable the proper Registration exercise. this is used as a strategy to manipulate/disenfranchise some of it indigens not considering the Love they have been able to win by the things they did right.

Lagos state joined and adopted this same Idea, but I see it as Image damaging because it is making FAshola look desperate.

(1) (Reply)

End Of The World Prophecies, Will The World Come To An End By May 21 2011 / Ago Diesel, Lpfo Black Oil, Blco Bonny Lite, Forcados / Religion Is The Greatest Invention Of The Devil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.