Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:51 PM

Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun (253 Views)

Senegal Approves Madagascar’s Anti-covid-19 Drug / Madagascar Donates Anti-covid-19 Drug To Eq. Guinea / Ewe Esinsin – Stinging Nettles, The Powerful Anti-itch Herb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun by 5Ebiscoo: 7:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
Officials of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control on Thursday disrupted the unveiling of an anti-coronavirus herbal syrup in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

A herbal medicine expert, Paul Oni, had planned to unveil the anti-COVID-19 herbal syrup branded, ‘Oxibiotics,’ at the Centenary Hall, Ake, on Thursday.

The programme was stopped by the officials of NAFDAC who ordered its cancellation.

Oni, was subsequently taken to his factory which was inspected and sealed by NAFDAC officials

Addressing journalists after his factory was sealed, Oni expressed worry over the increase in COVID-19 cases in the country.

Oni, who is the Managing Director of Peculiar Projects Nigeria Limited, lamented outrageous approval levies by the NAFDAC.

He said the cost approval which, was about N600,000 with payment of N1.5m for clinical trials were unaffordable for him .

He said “So, when I saw the cost, I concluded that I should seek for help through a press conference. I am sure this herb can help people that have contracted COVID-19,” he said.

A top official of NAFDAC told our correspondent that the programme was stopped because the product had not been certified.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/trending-news-now-nafdac-disrupts-anti-covid-19-herb-unveiling-in-ogun/

Re: Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun by donbachi(m): 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dream killers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun by heykims(m): 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2020
I know ignorant folks might sympathise with him, but he's a scammer.
Re: Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun by SirWarlock: 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
People will come and blast nafdac now sad
Re: Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun by SirWarlock: 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
heykims:
I know ignorant folks might sympathise with him, but he's a scammer.
Too late grin
Re: Trending News Now: NAFDAC Disrupts Anti-covid-19 Herb Unveiling In Ogun by SonyaSpence: 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Chei... NAFDAC don spoil market

(1) (Reply)

10 Fundamental Principles Of Intuitive Eating : Established Method To Aid People / FCE Abeokuta Closed For 2 Weeks As Staff Dies Of Coronavirus, Two Tests Positive / Miracle Stem Cell Supplement!!! 08052352804

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.