Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

The Kings Business - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Kings Business (142 Views)

Kumuyi Launches ‘the Kings Circle’, ‘youth Aflame’ Series / Archaeologists Unearth 2,500-Year-Old Palace Dating Back To The Kings Of Judah / 18th Coronation Anniversary Of The King Of Kings And Lord Of Lords Leader Olumba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Kings Business by goodshepherd123(m): 5:21am On Jul 04, 2020
Capsule
Of
Liberty
Daily devotional.

*Saturday, 04-07-2020*.

*Theme : The Kings business*

*Read :. Act 6 vs 1-4*.

*Memory verse*:
" _And David said unto Ahimelech, And is there not here under thine hand spear or sword? for I have neither brought my sword nor my weapons with me, because the king's business required haste_"-1 samuel 21 vs 8.

*Meditate on this : We can't continue to do things , the same way and expect a different result*.

The Kings business is simply anything we are doing that will populate the kingdom of God and depopulate the kingdom of hell.

Indeed the Kings business require haste, just like the early church we must put an end to all murmuring, envy, backbiting and complaints, and do the following.

1). *Dedication* : In our Bible reading we saw that the disciples said , we are being distracted let us just focus on the word and prayer. The greatest infirmity to the growth of the Kings business is prayerlessness.

Act 6 vs 4 : But we will give ourselves continually to prayer and the word.

The word continually simply means tirelessly ,rapt attention,
and dedication. And the effect was tremendous.

2). *Prayer* : Indeed prayer is the secret of any exploits in the kings business. Without prayers frustration will set in .They achieved all they did through prayer. Whatever we don't pray for, we are not entitled to receive.

3). *Increase in the word*: Each time the word of God increased, there was also a corresponding increase in the number of disciples.

*Acts 6:7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith*.

Also ,

*Acts 19:20 So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed*.

From the above verse, the word of God can grow mightily and also prevail over every obstacle.

4) Evangelism : it is the heartbeat of God, and must become our priority more than any other task. It is important to note that many are still, in the valley of decision.

Furthermore, we must remind all sinners that , there is no pure water in hell fire, according to the verse below.
Luke 16 vs 23-24:

*Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom*.

*16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame*.

From the above verse we can see , that there is torment in hell and no mercy in hell fire.

And like our memory verse emphasised, the kings business require haste, because the end is nearer than we are all thinking.

*Assignment* :
1) Go out and win souls today.

*Prayer point*:
1). Father give me the wisdom and power to win souls consistently in Jesus name.

*© Oluwaleye Akinboyewa*.

(1) (Reply)

When Prayer Fails, Try Praise. / CAN Sends Powerful Message To Ogun, Lagos Governors / The Foolish Way Of New Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.