Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Proofreading Test - Grammarly V/s Microsoft Word - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Proofreading Test - Grammarly V/s Microsoft Word (294 Views)

How To Get Grammarly Premium Free 2017 New Trick / How To Get Grammarly Free Premium Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proofreading Test - Grammarly V/s Microsoft Word by pink505: 6:52am On Jul 04, 2020
Writing anything is easy. But writing with accuracy is not an easy task. English is full of Grammar. Proper usage of words with correct spellings, punctuations, nouns, capitalization of words at the right time, comma, etc are some basics.

We are already aware of Microsoft word auto spell-check.
Whenever there is any mistake in the document, a red underline comes and you need to correct that. On right-click, an auto check will give you multiple options for the correct word, spelling, etc.

Grammarly is a next-level content writing tool.

This is possibly the most-recognized proofreader in the world, with a wide variety of languages available. The user types in their text from the word processor--the main use of Word--and any detected errors get automatically underlined by that infamous red squiggly line. You know the one.

In this evaluation, the red squiggly lines appeared on all of the spelling errors in the text. Some grammatical issues and syntax errors were also detected, but not all. For example, the software is inconsistent with regard to comma and capitalization usage.

In Grammarly's defense, users have the option to pay to"Go Premium," which, in this particular case, would have shown three additional punctuation difficulties. Pricing includes monthly, quarterly, and annual payment options. A separate, in-depth review of Grammarly's premium features can be found here.

Overall, the trial version of the software is easy to navigate. The user only copies and pastes the text in and Grammarly starts working instantly. On the first page, you can click the"download" button and use the proofreading system through Google Chrome™, one of several deployment options that are available for greater accessibility. You can even use it in Microsoft Office apps, like Word, to get a proven proofreading boost, as our evaluation shows.

Ultimately, if you are on a budget, Grammarly's free trial version works well, while the premium options tend to be well-reviewed. However, if you're a graphic designer or someone working in various languages or with PDF documents, with text that may be hard to copy and paste within the Grammarly app, it might fall short of your expectations.

Do you know the fundamentals of grammar?

Are you confident that what you're writing is error-free and easy to read?

Would you prefer a tool to assist proof-read your own work?

I think you'll agree with me when I say typos and grammar mistakes are embarrassing.

I recently discovered Grammarly, a grammar checker for proofreading articles, book chapters, and blog posts.

I spent 30 days with Grammarly. Here is complete [url]Grammarly Premium Review[/https://kindlybeinformed.com/grammarly-premium-review/]
https://kindlybeinformed.com/grammarly-premium-review/

Within this Grammarly review, I will explain how it can help you check grammar and spelling online, and if this grammar checker is well worth it for writers.

The Purchase Price of Grammarly

Grammarly premium subscription will cost you $29 a month.

The premium version of the grammar checker will allow you to identify more punctuation errors in your document than a traditional free grammar checker, and it provides detailed information about every mistake (i.e. it is a research aid).

Grammarly offers discounts for quarterly and yearly subscriptions.

Grammarly works much like Google Docs.

You log in to Grammarly Using an Internet browser.

On the dashboard of this grammar checker, you can open a new document and start writing.

After a few seconds, it underlines grammar mistakes like the Word. It also provides a detailed explanation of the reasons why you've made a mistake.

As an alternative, you can install an extension in your internet browser or a plug-in for Word.

How Grammarly Helps Writers

It identifies possible solutions and explanations for your mistake.

Grammarly helped me recognize:

* Confused prepositions

* Wordy sentences

It gets better:

I am also guilty of using the occasional squinting modifier.

Yes, these are finer points of grammar but knowing my bad habits helped me tune up my writing.

Grammarly supports multiples document types, and you are able to identify each document as a blog post, as a guide, as a company document, and so on.

Grammarly also has a plagiarism checker, which might be useful when you are writing academic papers or reviewing a peer-reviewed work.

I turned this feature on, but I did not find any issues in my papers (I guess I am not plagiarizing!) .

Who is Grammarly Good For?

Grammarly is a fantastic grammar checker if English is not your first language or if you do not write that often.

It will allow you to check for grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation mistakes faster.

Here's the thing:

You still need to take the opportunity to learn the principles of grammar.

If English is your first language, Grammarly is a helpful tool because it teaches the finer points of grammar.

Pros:

* Outstanding online grammar knowledgebase

* Another line of defense for writers who self-publish.

* Useful for non-native English speakers and new authors

Cons:

* Some authors may balk at paying $29.99 per month for a grammar checker.

(1) (Reply)

Solved closed / Linux/windows High Quality Managed VPS Servers At Low Price With Fast Network / USA Based Dedicated Servers | Instant Deployment | BTC Accepted - Hostnextra.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.