Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Help! Slight Lump In Brest - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! Slight Lump In Brest (838 Views)

Could This Lump In My Breast Be Cancerous? / Lump In The Chest- Graphics Pix Attached / Man Discovers A Lady Has Breast Lump During Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Slight Lump In Brest by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 7:25am On Jul 04, 2020
Please I am worried about a small lump in my breast. It's in the lower part. I started noticing it around January this year.
It is not painful when I touch it but it's there. Please What can I use to make it go away
Re: Help! Slight Lump In Brest by Nairalandmonika: 7:41am On Jul 04, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:
Please I am worried about a small lump in my breast. It's in the lower part. I started noticing it around January this year.
It is not painful when I touch it but it's there. Please What can I use to make it go away
Let's see the breast to verify
Re: Help! Slight Lump In Brest by Healthyway15: 12:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:

Hello... The way Nigerians live a non-chalant life still baffles me. You've been noticing a lump on your breast since January and you didn't mention that you've visited at least a doctor. You were expecting the lump to go on its own, right? Despite the education and awareness on lumps on breast being shared to you females every time, you still think it's not yet time for serious medical attention.

Well... My advice is that you should see a doctor any moment from now in case you haven't. Then you can come back here for solution after the diagnosis.

Nothing Beats Sound Health!

2 Likes

Re: Help! Slight Lump In Brest by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2020
Healthyway15:

Hello... The way Nigerians live a non-chalant life still baffles me. You've been noticing a lump on your breast since January and you didn't mention that you've visited at least a doctor. You were expecting the lump to go on its own, right? Despite the education and information about lumps on breast being shared to you females every time, you still think it's not yet time for serious medical attention.

Well... My advice is that you should see a doctor any moment from now in case you haven't. Then you can come back here for solution after the diagnosis.

Nothing Beats Sound Health!

Good response, but remember there's an idiot in this health section that's advertising to them that breast lump is not a disease and that stopping the use of bras can cure it.
Nigeria is a strange place.

3 Likes

Re: Help! Slight Lump In Brest by ChybuzzDD(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
Mihzwhitesutana:

There's this general wrong belief among Nigerians that a painful lump is cancerous, while a painless one is non-cancerous.

That's very very wrong, and has misled a lot of people into not seeking for intervention early.

Breast cancer is NOT painful except at the advanced stage when it has already involved the skin.
Breast lumps that are painful are usually not cancerous(eg breast abscess, infected or tensed cyst)
Do not be misled by the absence of pain, as that is normal for cancerous lumps.
Seek early medical attention to ascertain the nature of the lump

2 Likes

Re: Help! Slight Lump In Brest by Healthyway15: 3:29pm On Jul 04, 2020
ChybuzzDD:

Good response, but remember there's an idiot in this health section that's advertising to them that breast lump is not a disease and that stopping the use of bras can cure it.
Nigeria is a strange place.

Yes, I laughed when I read it on this section some time ago. People can mislead many without weighing up the consequences, and trust most nigerians, they buy into that idea without making their own findings. Most people joke with their health. When you don't seek early medical attention, you give room for possible further complications which might be more difficult to treat. Early intervention is an essential part of a successful treatment.
Re: Help! Slight Lump In Brest by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Let's see the breast to verify
this is why people don't post sensitive things on Nairaland. Your contributions is supposed to be problem solving and not castigating

1 Like

Re: Help! Slight Lump In Brest by Nairalandmonika: 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2020
FaAbokiWithSuit:
this is why people don't post sensitive things on Nairaland. Your contributions is supposed to be problem solving and not castigating
Do u know the meaning of castigating?

If u said I was being insensitive I would have understand, but castigating, really?

Am not castigating, I was only joking.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Get Drunk ( Pics ) / I Can't Find My Morning Erections!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.