Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors (6355 Views)

Top 10 Most Educated Countries In The World - 2023 (Photos) / The Most Educated States In Nigeria – Top 10 / Top 10 Most Educated States In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by seanwilliam(m): 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

It's actually 4 Billionaires not 7, it was 5 before Otedola sold his oil company (due to fall in oil price), forget about all those useless blog, the only reliable body that rate wealth is Forbes (widely accepted), and Wikipedia always cite Forbes... Orji Kalu is not a billionaire.

To that Faber guy that said one Nnewi village has 100dollar Billionaires, even the super rich UK does not have up to 50 Billionaires talk more of one village in Anambra.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_billionaires

the whole of south east self no worths 60b$ plus the people and investment ..

1 Like

Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by ScholarshipTree: 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
Finally the most awaited scholarships of Japan, Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2021 has been opened for international students to complete bacherlors / undergraduate, masters or Ph.D degree in Japan

No IELTS/TOFEL required

No Agent - Direct apply

Link: https://scholarshipstree.com/japanese-government-mext-scholarship-2021

Degree: Bacherlors / undergraduate, masters or Ph.D

Benefits:
1) Full Tuition fee
2) Research Regional allowance per
3) Monthly Stipend
4) Round trip air ticket

Eligibility:

All world wide students are eligible to apply

Deadline: varies from embassy to embassy
#scholarshipstree #fullyFunded #studyInJapan

Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by engrchykae(m): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Never knew Dangote, Adenuga, Samad and Alakija were politicians.

Mtcheew.

Adenuga was the governor of Enugu state between 2003-2011, he stole 100trillion from Enugu state account.... hahaha.
you are so funny,
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by gungab(m): 8:14pm On Jul 04, 2020
This post go reach promise land grin
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by Amotekun777: 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Faber:
They have more than 550 professors ...but only one billionaire...out of over 100 dollar billionaires in Nnewi, Anambra State, will feed, employ and pay them handsomely...

Your education is trash if e no improve ur standard of living and that of your future generations

Another Okoro fool with empty chest beating as usual grin
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by michlins(m): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Faber:
They have more than 550 professors ...but only one billionaire...out of over 100 dollar billionaires in Nnewi, Anambra State, will feed, employ and pay them handsomely...

Your education is trash if e no improve ur standard of living and that of your future generations
name a single person in Nnewi that is a dollar billionaire. In fact name a single Igbo person who's worth a billion dollars.

I'm born and bred in Nnewi so I know Nnewi more than you will ever know
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by az2012(m): 9:33pm On Jul 04, 2020
My location is at sango Ota in ogun state incase u want to make an order

Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by Parablesonmarble: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
Simongm:
The Yoruba Tribes occupying the South Western parts
of Nigeria are known to be the most Educated ethnic
group in Nigeria. Recent claims however, indicate that
among the Yorubas, the Okuns are the most Educated
Sub-Ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors.
While the town of Offa in Kwara State has been
identified as the single town with the highest number
of Professors in Nigeria and Ekiti State acclaimed as
the most educated state in the country, the Okun
People of Kogi State are arguably the most educated
sub-ethnic group in Nigeria.
The Okuns are Yoruba descendants in Kogi state who
made up over 20% of the entire population of the
state. They are estimated to have a population of
about 800,000 people spread across six local
government areas, comprising Kabba-Bunu, Yagba-
West, Yagba-East, Mopa-Muro, Ìjùmú and Lokoja local
government areas . They can also be found in parts of
Ekiti local government of Kwara State and Ikole Local
Government of Ekiti State.
Apart from eminent Nigerians like late Chief SB
Awoniyi, Major General David Jemibewon, Chief Kola
Jamodu, Chief Bayo Ojo SAN, Cardinal John Onaiyekan
among others who originated from the area, the Okun
people also has the highest number of professors per
capita in Nigeria with over 550 professors in varied
academic fields.
Among these professors are over 11 Vice Chancellors
and numerous deputy Vice Chancellors and professors
who are first in their fields.

Enough respect to all professors anywhere in Nigeria. However, I think its about time Nigeria started producing practical professors as against classroom professors.
For me, the Igbo people have more practical professors in almost all fields of endeavor than any other tribe in Naija. Just go check out how they apply knowledge to solve real life problems. While we all say their goods are Aba-made and inferior, they are getting better by the second. That was how China started.
In case you think I'm an Igbo man chest- beating, I'm a thorough- bred Ijebu man madly in love with superb garri, Eberipo, Ikokore, egusi Ijebu, cold eba and ewedu.
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by tobisco29(m): 10:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
michlins:
name a single person in Nnewi that is a dollar billionaire. In fact name a single Igbo person who's worth a billion dollars.

Hmm. Really?
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by MINORU: 3:33am On Jul 05, 2020
With all this Educated Professors still they are slaves to the foolanis

What a shame
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by Faber(m): 3:52am On Jul 05, 2020
michlins:

Mr. OUK is a billionaire in dollars and not even among top 5 Richest men in Igbo land...Since you know Nnewi more than me... explain the term Anaedo for me...Las Las Ordinary Evans will feed you and your generations comfortably nd even help you bury ur sis in the morgue
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by az2012(m): 6:33am On Jul 05, 2020
My location is at sango Ota in ogun state incase if u want to make an order for any of my goods

Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by michlins(m): 7:14am On Jul 05, 2020
Faber:

Mr. OUK is a billionaire in dollars and not even among top 5 Richest men in Igbo land...Since you know Nnewi more than me... explain the term Anaedo for me...Las Las Ordinary Evans will feed you and your generations comfortably nd even help you bury ur sis in the morgue
which of the OUK. How many dollar billionaires dey Nigeria as a whole. Dem no reach ten and no Igbo man dey there.

You want to learn about anaedo, I suggest you start from learning about ezemewi
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by seanwilliam(m): 8:20am On Jul 05, 2020
michlins:
which of the OUK. How many dollar billionaires dey Nigeria as a whole. Dem no reach ten and no Igbo man dey there.

You want to learn about anaedo, I suggest you start from learning about ezemewi
any time I one bash igbo, I dey always think of exception case of someone like you... I respect u for saying and recognising the truth ...
Re: The Most Educated Sub-ethnic Group In Nigeria With Over 550 Professors by seanwilliam(m): 8:24am On Jul 05, 2020
Faber:

even orji money is kinda shady.. he was alleged looting billions of naira.. by that we can confidently say he made larger part of his money through politics ...so no indigenous igbo is a recognised billionaire in dollar in Nigeria..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc / Jamb 2016 Utme Questions And Answers Now Available / Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.