Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Numbers On Vehicles - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Numbers On Vehicles (1294 Views)

Know The Meaning Of The Numbers On Ur Tyres / New Harmonised Import Duties On Vehicles / Effect Of Long Shipping Period On Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Numbers On Vehicles by blackchief(m): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2007
I would be grateful if some one in the house can tell me the meaning of the numbers on vehices such as PGT 306, PGT 406, AUDI A4, MERCEDES C200 etc.
Re: Numbers On Vehicles by Orimili(m): 5:59am On Jun 22, 2007
It depends on the automaker. Some automakers number their vehicles according to vehicle class (SUV, compact, etc), by order in which the car was released, or some by the number of cylinders in the engine. The general system followed by most automakers consist of one or more letters, usually indicating the vehicle class. For example, Mercedes: S for the large saloon, E for the mid size saloon, C for the small saloon, G for the offroad truck, etc). The letter(s) would usually be followed by a series of numbers, usually indicating the car's engine displacement. I will use Mercedes as an example again, The C200 would indicate their small saloon with an engine displacement of 2.0 Litres. An S430 would be their large saloon with an engine displacement of 4.3 Litres. I hope that this is helpful.
Re: Numbers On Vehicles by blackchief(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2007
thank orimili , that mean i have to do more research.

(1) (Reply)

Peugeout 405 For Sale. / Clean Black Chrome 2000 Toyota Avalon Xls / Sugestion About Majority Of Cars On Nairaland "got Salvage, And Odometer Rollba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.