Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos (605 Views)

Hey, Erudite & Intellectual Nairalanders, How True Is This { Photo } / 77, 827 Teachers Nationwide Sit For Professional Exams / OAU Sex-For-Mark Scandal: Obaseki Salutes Monica Osagie’s Courage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Anambra1stS0n: 10:31am On Jul 04, 2020
The Anambra State government has congratulated two indigenes of the state on bringing international attention to Nigeria in the last three days for professional and academic excellence.

In a statement in Awka today, the government praised Mr Patrick Okigbo III, founder of Nextier, a consulting firm in Abuja, who has just been named one of the 12 professionals selected worldwide to serve for one year as Senior Fellows at John Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and Dr Chidubem Obi, who has emerged the best overall student in Russia’s oldest and most prestigious medical school.

“The people and government of Anambra State felicitate with these worthy ambassadors and their families, as their prodigious achievements align with the vision of the state administration to make Anambra State and its people synonymous with international competitiveness and excellence”, the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, C. Don Adinuba, quoted Governor Willie Obiano as saying in a statement in Awka today.

By winning the 2020 Harvard senior fellowship, according the statement, Okigbo, a member of the Anambra State Vision 2070 set up to develop a strategic plan to make the state a fully developed place within 50 years like Taiwan and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, “is clearly stepping into the shoes of transformational leaders like Lee Kuan Yew, who led Singapore’s legendary leapfrogging from the status of a typical Third World country in 1965 to a fully developed one in just 30 years”.

Okigbo hails from Ojoto in Idemili South Local Government Area, and hails from the same family as Dr Pius Okigbo, Africa’s most decorated economist; Christopher Okigbo, regarded by top literary scholars like Professor Michael JC Echeruo as the “most verbally exciting African poet writing in English; Professor Bede Okigbo, a globally renowned plant pathologist and geneticist who led the famous Biafran Army during the Nigerian Civil war; Chief Lawrence Okigbo, an internationally reputable forestry researcher and author; Professor Charles Okigbo, a leading mass communication researcher in the United States; as well as Professor Raphael Okigbo of Nnamdi Azikiwe University in Awka, who was last year declared the cited Nigerian science scholar, according to Google Scholar.

Patrick Okigbo III attended the University of Nigeria at Nsukka, Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, in the United States and the London School of Economics.

“As for Dr Obi, who is from Ifitedunu in Dunukofia Local Government Area”, said Commissioner Adinuba, “we are delighted that he did not just emerge the best medical student in a university established since 1758, but also scored a grade point of 5.0, the first time an African has earned the highest point possible in the school.

“Truly, the Anambra brand of excellence in all ramifications is emerging faster than some people may realize”.

https://www.facebook.com/200902653400035/posts/1670179716472314/
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Anambra1stS0n: 10:37am On Jul 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2020
obiano's boy can you just stop disturbing us with your endless threads angry
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Anambra1stS0n: 10:48am On Jul 04, 2020
ALCOHOLKILLS:

Anambra home of brilliant minds, two son and daughter from Anambra scored overall best in JAMB I hope you know?

State with highest IQ rating in Nigeria, ranked highest in cut off mark, still dominates

Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2020
[s]
post=91364323:

Anambra home of brilliant minds, two son and daughter from Anambra scored overall best in JAMB I hope you know?

State with highest IQ rating in Nigeria, ranked highest in cut off mark, still dominates
[/s]

SMH angry
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2020
ALCOHOLKILLS:

Well I have to agree with you.

Most of his threads are totally unnecessary.
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Anambra1stS0n: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2020
ALCOHOLKILLS:
[s][/s]

SMH angry

grin grin
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Anambra1stS0n: 11:00am On Jul 04, 2020
Osagyefo98:

When you see my thread just ignore, same way I don’t bother opening any thread you create, because your silly can't stop me
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Apawicked: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2020
With all our hearts
We pray and ask
God bless Anambra
God bless the shinning light that we bear
We are the only ones to make her brighter
The only ones to make her better
The only ones to make Anambra shine
With our sweat and blood
Every breath of our lives
With trust in God
We will lift our homeland high
We believe in togetherness
we'l build a land of progress
Lift the spirit of Anambra
State we love.

Igbo Amaka

1 Like

Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by OfoIgbo: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2020
post=91364323:

I am sure if all the Igbos in Lagos and Ogun decide to relocate to Igboland, the cutoff marks for both states will be brought down to sub-90 figures

1 Like

Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 11:28am On Jul 04, 2020
Please you people should take it easy while rushing our good records all over the world. That has been our only crime to be incredibly hated by the Yoruba demons and Fulani terrorists. While the Yorubas continues in their hate livelihood flooding Nairaland searching for any topic that has either Igbo, Biafra, IPOB or Nnamdi Kanu as its headlines to masturbate and spread hate and fallacies; and while the Fulani terrorists continues to restrategize on how to expand in their terrorism and how many innocent people to be slaughtered, we the children of light will continue to make the world proud, once it's a good news and if the person is not a Biafran they are not real. We don't have Hushpuppy or Tinubu in our DNA.

#FreeLanceCorporalMartins

#FreeBiafra

Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Anambra1stS0n: 11:34am On Jul 04, 2020
OfoIgbo:

I am sure if all the Igbos in Lagos and Ogun decide to relocate to Igboland, the cutoff marks for both states will be brought down to sub-90 figures
grin grin
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
post=91364785:

When you see my thread just ignore, same way I don’t bother opening any thread you create, because your silly can't stop me
I don't like this thing you're doing, how do you expect him to survive without hating and bad minds? And is because of the mistake you made by addressing our beloved brother as a Nigerian, a coursed name? Please he's a Biafran and not a zoo man.
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Sammy07: 12:06pm On Jul 04, 2020
OfoIgbo:

You guys can't open threads without mentioning anything relating to Yoruba sha.

It's like, we're the salts in your threads.
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by Sammy07: 12:07pm On Jul 04, 2020
OfoIgbo:

All your higher institutions are in the East and are 100% Igbos.

Yet, yah still lying behind the institutions in the West.
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by slimfit1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Sadly these people can't say the same about how the state is being governed. It a shame that they could not study in Nigeria or...
Re: Anambra Salutes Okigbo, Obi For Professional And Intellectual Excellence(photos by ejanla077: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
Osagyefo98:

If the thread psin you jump and pass.. Why e too hard for you

(1) (Reply)

List Of The Nigeria Universities That Conduct Post Utme Aptitude Test / How To Make First Class In Nigerian Universities With Low 100 Level CGPA / Prof. Shehu Abdulrahaman: Federal University Lafia (FULAFIA) New VC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.