Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,556 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. (1923 Views)

Civil Societies’ Protest Against Hardship In Benin City (Photos) / We Must Back Fuel Subsidy Removal To Move Forward, Civil Societies Appeal To Nig / We Will Never Support SW Presidency Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
A Coalition of Civil societies and pressure groups known as Progressive Citizens for Equity and Justice (ProCEJ) have released a memo in Lagos resisting an attempt for any major political parties to zone their presidential tickets to the SW region. They argued that since return to civilian democracy in 1999, the SW region have piloted the affairs of this country as president for 8 years (1999-2007) through Olusegun Obasanjo and by 2023 the current VP a yoruba-Yemi osinbajo will would have served as VP for 8 years (2015-2023). A cumulative 16 years of rulership enjoyed by the SouthWest.

Chairman of the Coalition, Dr Yunusa Suleiman reiterated that other regions in the south, specifically the SE should be allowed to also have a sense of belonging in the current national set up as they are the only region who have not produced the President since 1999. Yunusa also noted that the ruling party APC currently has members of SE extraction in the Senate and House of Representatives. The party also controls a state in the SE. He pointed out that when the yorubas of the SW extraction were gifted the PDP ticket in 1999, there were virtually no yoruba politican of repute in the PDP, the yorubas were so hostile to PDP that the party failed to control a single SW state in 1999, yet the yorubas were not victimized for being hostile to PDP, why then should the South East be punished even when they have proven to more receptive to APC than yorubas were to PDP when they were gifted the PDP ticket on a platter in 1999?

The Memo was signed by a coalition of several pressure groups and civil societies who said they have the mandate to resist political injustice and enthrone fairness in the Nigerian society so that the country can be set on the path of progress.

More details later......

9 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by OPPPS: 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2020
Igbo civil society kwaaa.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2020
People are waking up and standing against the greed of yoruba people. 2023 will be interesting walahi! grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Whiteangel1234: 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2020
Yes ooh we need to Put Nigeria first to put an end to this senseless marginalization of the Igbos its over 50 years since the war ended if in 2023 we still cannot be fully accepted into Nigeria then better we go to another war and separate than be a slave to any tribe in this 21st century

Justice and Equity South East President 2023 or else ......!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2020
OPPPS:

you see truth staring you in the face but you prefer to lie to yourselves. A typical well-known yoruba trait. grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by uniqueboi1(m): 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2020
I for support this but I don't trust an Igbo man.

Make we no wake up one day see China dae buy nigeria for black market.

God forbid bad thing.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Ojiofor: 7:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:
A Coalition of Civil societies and pressure groups known as Progressive Citizens for Equity and Justice (ProCEJ) have released a memo in Lagos resisting an attempt for any major political parties to zone their presidential tickets to the SW region. They argued that since return to civilian democracy in 1999, the SW region have piloted the affairs of this country as president for 8 years (1999-2007) through Olusegun Obasanjo and by 2023 the current VP a yoruba-Yemi osinbajo will would have served as VP for 8 years (2015-2023). A cumulative 16 years of rulership enjoyed by the SouthWest.

Chairman of the Coalition, Dr Yunusa Suleiman reiterated that other regions in the south, specifically the SE should be allowed to also have a sense of belonging in the current national set up as they are the only region who have not produced the President since 1999. Yunusa also noted that the ruling party APC currently has members of SE extraction in the Senate and House of Representatives. The party also controls a state in the SE. He pointed out that when the yorubas of the SW extraction were gifted the PDP ticket in 1999, there were virtually no yoruba politican of repute in the PDP, the yorubas were so hostile to PDP that the party failed to control a single SW state in 1999, yet the yorubas were not victimized for being hostile to PDP, why then should the South East be punished even when they have proven to more receptive to APC than yorubas were to PDP when they were gifted the PDP ticket on a platter in 1999?

The Memo was signed by a coalition of several pressure groups and civil societies who said they have the mandate to resist political injustice and enthrone fairness in the Nigerian society so that the country can be set on the path of progress.

More details later......

Greedy Yoruba will tell us to go PDP as if they sowed anything in PDP before they were given PDP ticket.
Igbo man must be president before another Yorubaman will have it.

17 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
uniqueboi1:
I for support this but I don't trust an Igbo man.

God forbid bad thing.

And nobody trust yoruba man sef, even hausa dey fear to give tinubu or osibanjo power.

Una don forget say everybody for naija dey call una snake, two-faced people. learn your history Oga Ade. grin

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by flyingpig: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2020
uniqueboi1:
I [s]for support this but I don't trust an Igbo man.

God forbid bad thing[/s].

People wey get voters card dey talk, this one dey talk rubbish

15 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:53pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ojiofor:

Greedy Yoruba will tell us to go PDP as if they sowed anything in PDP before they were given PDP ticket.
Igbo man must be president before another Yorubaman will have it.

They keep talking about "sowing and reaping", ask them how much they sowed in the PDP in 1999, you'll see them scamper away like cockroaches. grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by uniqueboi1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
flyingpig:

People wey get voters card dey talk, a big fool like me dey talk rubbish

Who wan vote SE candidate

Which party wan field SE candidate

Make una go hustle for ipob abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Okoroawusa: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2020
This is not an issue...an Igbo MUST be the presidential candidate of PDP in 2023. If not...

3 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
uniqueboi1:

Oga Adebirudeen Olamidulahi, una don chop una share since, 2023 no be for yoruba.

Nothing for una, make una go rest till e reach una turn. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Ojiofor: 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

They keep talking about "sowing and reaping", ask them how much they sowed in the PDP in 1999, you'll see them scamper away like cockroaches. grin grin grin

That is what I am talking about.
Tell me what a jail bird like OBJ sowed in PDP that he have to reap more than Ekwueme the PDP founder?

11 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2020
Okoroawusa:
This is not an issue...an Igbo MUST be the presidential candidate of PDP in 2023. If not...

As was done for yorubas in 1999, PDP- zoned to SE, APC- zoned to SE.

That's fairness and equity in action. grin

8 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by flyingpig: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
uniqueboi1:

Go and ask the Fulani leader of that Pressure group in the original post who is canvassing for it.

Stop over-rating yourself.

8 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by helinues: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Chairman of the Coalition, Dr Yunusa Suleiman reiterated that other regions in the south, specifically the SE
[quote][/quote]

Hahahahah.. Why not put Chukwudi name there..

Jokers
Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by StreetFight: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
OPPPS:

Yes, but hiding behind Hausa/Fulani as usual.

1 Like

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by uniqueboi1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
flyingpig:

Go and ask the Fulani leader of that Pressure group in the original post who is canvassing for it.

Stop over-rating yourself.

tongue

Nothing for Igbo and Ipob. Make una no go sell us. Thanks
Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by OfoIgbo: 8:02pm On Jul 04, 2020
It will seem as though these coalition groups have been reading the points I've been making in the forum for a few weeks now.

The thing is that Yorubas have no moral justification to be seeking the presidency in 2023, when the SE has not held that position for nearly 55 years.

The SS even has a better claim to it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by uniqueboi1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

Oga Adebirudeen Olamidulahi, una don chop una share since, 2023 no be for yoruba.

Nothing for una, make una go rest till e reach una turn. grin grin

grin
Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by flyingpig: 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
uniqueboi1:

tongue

Nothing for Igbo and Ipob. Make una no go sell us. Thanks

You think if them sell person like you change for komot?

You dey overrate yourself in your delusion grandeur. Keep your thoughts to yourself and allow the real owners of Nigeria ( Fulani ), do the politics for Igbo people.

6 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Artiiclebeast: 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
Orji Uzor Kalu, share the money.

Are you fed up with the status quo Nigeria is today? Join us here https://www.nairaland.com/5942435/nigerian-youths-lets-get-together Search and join our telegram group (nigerianyouthsaretired) pls retweet and follow
Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Okoroawusa: 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

As was done for yorubas in 1999, PDP- zoned to SE, APC- zoned to SE.

That's fairness and equity in action. grin
Check your calendar we are in 2020
Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by uniqueboi1(m): 8:08pm On Jul 04, 2020
flyingpig:

You think if they sell person like me change for komot?

I dey overrate myself in my delusion grandeur. I Keep my thoughts to myself and allow the real owners of Nigeria ( Yoruba), do the politics for their people.

tongue

I get you now.
Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2020
Ojiofor:

That is what I am talking about.
Tell me what a jail bird like OBJ sowed in PDP that he have to reap more than Ekwueme the PDP founder?

Heavyweights in PDP were the OUKs, Nwobodos, Nnamanis yet they all supported a yoruba candidate but the greedy tribe believe same must not be done for others. Na only dem dey for south.

yorubas should stop deceiving themselves, they are not democrats, they are Greedocrats with a winner-takes-all mentality and it has caused an uprising against their political interests in the south and north. They might never smell power again if they are kicked out back into opposition in 2023.

No one will ever be deceived by their grandstanding, pesudo-activism and claims of sophistication anymore when they go back to opposition. In future, they might write all the long English in the world like they did during the military regime in their newspapers but nobody will be moved anymore.

I have since felt deceived by them after getting to study how they think of recent and their penchant for double-mouthedness and hypocrisy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Check your calendar we are in 2020

Oga mutiu, we know who you are and where you stand on this issue. Shift!

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Ojiofor: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

Heavyweights in PDP were the OUKs, Nwobodos, Nnamanis yet they all supported a yoruba candidate but the greedy tribe believe same must not be done for others. Na only dey for south.

yorubas should stop deceiving themselves, they are not democrats, they are Greedocrats with a winner-takes-all mentality and it has caused an uprising against their political interests in the south and north. They might never smell power again if they are kicked out back into opposition in 2023.

No one will ever be deceived by their grandstanding, pesudo-activism and claims of sophistication anymore when they go back to opposition. In future, they might write all the long English in the world like they did during the military regime in their newspapers but nobody will be moved anymore.

I have since felt deceived by them after getting to study how they think of recent and their penchant for double-mouthedness and hypocrisy.

Yoruba president in 2023 is unacceptable after 16 years in power,na only them waka come?

5 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by DiagnoPolitics: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
OfoIgbo:
It will seem as though these coalition groups have been reading the points I've been making in the forum for a few weeks now.

The thing is that Yorubas have no moral justification to be seeking the presidency in 2023, when the SE has not held that position for nearly 55 years.

The SS even has a better claim to it

Heads or tails, It's not going the yoruba way in 2023. The few sensible ones among them have gotten the message already and staying quiet.

The pained ones, have since gone bunkers with envy and hate, insulting and trying to demarket Igbo candidacy in 2023. You'll see them claiming that no Ibo man is trustworthy, the same worn-out nonsense they've been saying since 1970s. grin grin
Yet Dr Ogbonnaya Onu was APP-ANPP (A northern party) chairman for many years without the oshiohmole-esque drama we saw lately that got Adamu oshomhole booted out of the APC topjob. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Basic123: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

And why did Alex EKWUEME contested the primary with Obasanjo?

And what stopped you from voting Ojukwu in 2003...moghalu in 2019

And did Yoruba stop you weaklings of a tribe from contesting presidency in both parties

or it was Yorubas that asked you to sell your birthright in 2023 to ATIKU ,your slave master already.At no time was a candidacy given to a tribe on a platter, it now always contested.Why are you scared of contesting?...Abiola contested primary and won, Obasanjo contested primary and won

fools

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by Haywhysat: 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

And nobody trust yoruba man sef, even hausa dey fear to give tinubu or osibanjo power.

Una don forget say everybody for naija dey call una snake, two-faced people. learn your history Oga Ade. grin
lol, how do u know hausas don't trust yorubas? So hausas trust igbos more than yorubas? Lol

1 Like

Re: Civil Societies Resist SW Presidency In 2023. by OPPPS: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

you see truth staring you in the face but you prefer to lie to yourselves. A typical well-known yoruba trait. grin grin
You are here with emotions, which does not hold a sachet of pure water. Which section of Nigeria constitution forbids any tribe or section of Nigeria from participating in a Presidential election? You can't be disturbing us since 2015 that you want Biafra, and when election is around the corner, you want to deny others from participating in what they believe in.
One thing is known about you people. Be it in Business or Politics, you really don't want competition

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING, Asari Dokubo Attacks Nnamdi Kanu And IPOB Again ( Watch Till The End / APC changes Name, informs INEC? / Adamawa APC Suspends Its Governorship Candidate, Senator Aishatu Binani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.