Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country (42359 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / Falana To Seyi Makinde: Pay Off Elected Chairmen Or Let Them Serve Their Tenure / 'PDP Traced Akpabio Overseas To Beg Him On Their Knees' - Ahmed Lawan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Atikulated: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
What these guys receive here in one month is worth more than their acclaimed paychecks in abroad. They don't even pay taxes here.
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by incogni2o: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
4/200million

Great acheivement indeed
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by BotherMleeper(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
Mohammed Sani Dattijo, left his job as adviser to UN sec Gen in New York to serve El Rufai as first the Commissioner for Budget and now Chief of Staff

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Djyucee1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
What they have looted is more than what they were paid abroad
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by adecz: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
How much is even $500,000.00
dollars compared to the stealing
& egunje they get in Nigeria?

For oyibo land, your salary is your
salary & you don't get anything on the
side.

As minister in Nigeria, over 20 big
cars are at your disposal. Stealing
$20m is just child's play & nobody will
even question you.

Okonjo Iweala made over $500m from
the commission she got after Nigeria
paid off our foreign loans during
Obasanjo era. Obasanjo was so furious
when he learnt of it & sacked her.

All of them coming home for
appointment know what they are
doing. They also have options to go
back after serving, but are usually so
rich that they never have to work again.
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Cantonese: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
Godwin Obaseki left his job to serve Edo people. Now Oshiomole wants to rubbish him.

Complete rubbish. Osadebe house is not vacant!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by SideInkom: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
I'd never forget what one of my mentor @ronaldnzimora said.

He said,
Every young person in their twenties...
building a digital business right now...
are years ahead of their peers.

I believe it, and I think every young person should take that advice serious.

Stay Blessed
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Heffalump(m): 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
The Op must be high on something
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by NENGIsmells: 1:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
you guys keep promoting these criminals. how can u post something like this. are you saying these guys dont make 100x this cash yearly in naija from looting?
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
sarrki:
Is true that Sheik Isa Ali Pantami left a better pay in Saudi Arabia to Nigeria (a professor in Saudi Arabia collects up to 25,000SR monthly).

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala also left her job in the world bank with a pay package worth more than $351,740 (net) yearly in 2008 to accept ministerial appointment in Nigeria

Prof Usman Yusuf, the embattled NHIS Boss moved to Nigeria from Saint Jude Children Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, as professor in the Division of Stem Cell Transplantation with annual net worth of over $200,000.

Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga equally left his role as Managing Director with Goldman Sachs in London in 2013 with annual net worth of over 300,000 pounds.

Magnus Lekara Kpakol also left as a professor of economics at the University of Dallas, USA then to Nigeria

There are many of them, what is opened for debate are those undisclosed and behind the scene benefits believed to be attached to these offices in Nigeria ��

They all left the western world to come rob you blind in Nigeria. And they were able to steal within their four-year tenures, humongous sums of money they couldn't have earned in a lifetime of working in America/Europe

Bullshit thread, dumb OP
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Angelfrost(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
For people wey don chop belleful... Money is not everything for them! At a time, they know certain positions will do their C.V greater futuristic good!!!
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by rexesq(m): 1:45pm On Aug 04, 2020
sarrki:
Is true that Sheik Isa Ali Pantami left a better pay in Saudi Arabia to Nigeria (a professor in Saudi Arabia collects up to 25,000SR monthly).

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala also left her job in the world bank with a pay package worth more than $351,740 (net) yearly in 2008 to accept ministerial appointment in Nigeria

Prof Usman Yusuf, the embattled NHIS Boss moved to Nigeria from Saint Jude Children Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, as professor in the Division of Stem Cell Transplantation with annual net worth of over $200,000.

Olusegun Olutoyin Aganga equally left his role as Managing Director with Goldman Sachs in London in 2013 with annual net worth of over 300,000 pounds.

Magnus Lekara Kpakol also left as a professor of economics at the University of Dallas, USA then to Nigeria

There are many of them, what is opened for debate are those undisclosed and behind the scene benefits believed to be attached to these offices in Nigeria ��

I am among but my name is not mentioned here. Check your records please.
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by kikake: 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Iwealla should have been preparing to be the next president of Nigeria if not for some Nigerians on religious beliefs.

Mallami would have had no need LECTURING us about MERIT on who shall succeed President Buhari.
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by kikake: 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2020
ziddy:

They all left the western world to come rob you blind in Nigeria. And they were able to steal within their four-year tenures, humongous sums of money they couldn't have earned in a lifetime of working in America/Europe

Bullshit thread, dumb OP

Dumbo? Mere leaving the good lifestyle in the Western World to return to live in Nigeria of all places in the world is a huge sacrifice.
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by faebenezer5star: 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
You cannot thief there and faint when being interrogated they will resuscitate you and continue the interrogation...rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Usorohtheman(m): 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
So, they came back to become politicians. What a thieves��
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Brawlscartel(m): 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nawa oooo
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by adedayourt(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
They all left to come join politics in Nigeria cuz they know how profitable it is.

Hardly will you see a right thinking Nigerian leave such to return here and start job hunting
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by adedayourt(m): 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
Shedrack777:
they left those high paying jobs to join politics and were earning more than N5m dollars net (yearly).
don't you see, they're bunch of thieves

Totally agree with you sir

They know Nigerian politics is a good mine so they came and tap from it

Can imagine somebody is the medical line return to Nigeria to head an IT infrastructure of a nation
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Cmanforall: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
sarrki:

The benefits of having a well paid position with, political strong in Nigeria outweighs what you get abroad.
Not excluding the easy tax evasions attached to the income.
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
kikake:

Dumbo? Mere leaving the good lifestyle in the Western World to return to live in Nigeria of all places in the world is a huge sacrifice.

If you believe that crock then you're just as dumb as the OP
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by ensamy(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
What of Adams Oshomole shocked shocked shocked shocked Left his job as NLC President to serve as Governor .
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Dreyton36: 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nnmadi chekwube anini Clifford orji
Left his job is Canada as a prime minister of Canada
And came to Nigeria to become a yellow fever undecided undecided OP u no get work
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by izibili44: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
Guy u no Sabi anything. Even if I dey earn 1 million dollars a year overseas and I was called to hold those positions in Nigeria. Na big jack pot oo. I will come home and help my country. grin > grin grin grin grin > grin grin. If you no you no.
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by AlwaysMotun: 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
May God bless them for us!!! Thanks for serving your mother land
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
When I saw the headlines I thought they left to serve in the army only to see.... gringringringrin
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Goke7: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
don't be deceived, no one can leave a very comfortable job abroad to return to Nigeria and pick an appointment that won't have more fringe benefits than the one abroad.

Nigerians have been fooled, these folks earn much more here. I pity those of us that says Nigeria is a shithole cos you will perish that thought when you hear what some folks in and outside govt earn in Nigeria. To their pants these guys and their children are over pampered when they return to Nigeria for these appointments
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Goke7: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
ikay00406:

A Nigerian politician can make much more figures within a week with a stroke of a pen..They know this and are not dumb to leave those post.. A Minister in Abuja or Head of an Agency in Nigeria is richer than any big position abroad.. Forget about Salary.

your head dey there, don't mind ignorant folks
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by guychidile: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
Nigeria we hail thee!
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by soleexx(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
I will be back
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by Annychibest(f): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kudos to you all.. Let me go outside the country, never will I come back to this shit hole of a country. Na so
Re: Nigerians That Left High Paid Jobs Overseas To Serve Their Country by vasco01(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
They left there formal job abroad to come Down to Nigeria to loot the national cake for themselves and their generation

If you doubt check there record

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo In Igbo Attire, Poses With Igbo Leaders (Photo) / Gunmen Behead Hon Nelson Emeka Achukwu After Family Paid ₦15 Million / Nigeria Will Never Break Up: Here Is Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.