Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,915 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Put Off The Old Nature - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Put Off The Old Nature (136 Views)

Your Old Nature And Your New One / Considering The Old Nature Vs The New Nature In Christ. / Location Of The Old Jerusalem! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Put Off The Old Nature by Missyajoke(f): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2020
Happy Sunday everyone am here as usual to share a message titled " Put off the old nature".

A believer should never say, " I am now a part if the redeemed and forgiven but am living the same the same way I lived before I accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour" Our lives are to be different than that of blind sinners. There are some things that we put off when we come to Christ. The phrase "put off" is a vivid picture of a person taking off their filthy rags if sin and self-righteousness and burning them. They do not take them off and hang them in the clist for a rainy, difficult day. God does not automatically remove every evil thing from our lives the moment we receive Jesus as Lord and Saviour. We still have baggage and bondage left over from our former life that we mustremive and destroy. It is our responsibility to put off those things. We may not want to acknowledge that we have them in us, clinging to bus or flowing from us. We may not want to talk about them but eventually we are going to face them because we cannot put on the new man and the new person we are in Christ if we are holding on to the old man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

(19). Your Dreams Could Be The Cause Of Your Problems / Interpretation Of The Dream Of Being Given A New Key. / Don't let the evil one and his wolves/agents to poison your Minds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.