Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,121 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke (363 Views)

Gideon Okeke And Chidera Uduezue White Wedding Pictures / Gideon Okeke And Chidera Udueze Traditional Wedding Photos / Gideon Okeke And Chidera Uduezue Pre-wedding Photos. Set To Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by ExAngel007(f): 12:14pm On Jul 05, 2020

Nollywood actor, Gideon Okeke has called for
the abolition of state of origin which he said
will bring national peace.

The actor who alleged that Nigerians are
not willing to let go of the coattails of
tribalism, added that "co mmercials and radio
Jingles are culpable of passing subliminal
messages that are nuanced in ways that
make one wonder if there are 3 Nigerias, 187
others or just 1 Nigeria."

Gideon Okeke wrote;

One Nigeria ! One Nigeria !!
But We're not quite willing to let go of
the coattails of TRIBALISM.

Even AD commercials/Radio Jingles are
culpable of passing subliminal
messages that are nuanced in ways
that make one wonder if there are :

- 3 Nigerias or
- 187 Others or
- Just 1 Nigeria.

If You still regard your neighbor with
these derrogatives :

- Omo-Ibo ,
- Yoruba,
- Nyammiri...

You might be RACIST. Or sold to
BIGOTRY.

There's a thing or two to learn from a
small country called RWANDA.

Imagine a policeman stopping you for
routine checks and he pops the
question :

" What State are you from"...
Oga !! What purpose does that
question really serve?

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/07/05/nollywood-actor-gideon-okeke-says-state-of-origin-be-scrapped/
Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by Conductor261: 12:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
This guy is yet to have sense? Or is he looking for attention?

2 Likes

Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by RoyalUc(m): 12:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
I'd always advocated for this...
Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by ewigmee: 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Not now that nigeria is going thru confusing change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by SmartProf(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lol...its like saying abolish nationality for the sake of World peace. Its just that in Nigeria, we have completely mastered the right way to do everything wrong. What we really need is more love and less sentiments/hypocrisy and we'll be alright

3 Likes

Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by Sammy07: 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
RoyalUc:
I'd always advocated for this...

So the fulanis living in southern parts of Nigeria should be claiming the state??

I suspect you're Fulani.

1 Like

Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by Flexherbal(m): 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nigeria matter get as e be.
Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by LukasPodolski: 12:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
No.
Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by Captainrambo2: 12:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Noooooooooooo next
Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by kalufelix(m): 12:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Too much sense making... Imagine the question from a police man "where are you from" and i am wondering if i am in Paris or abuja... "I am from the Bahamas sir.. i just visited the zoo" Even down to our villages and communities... The black man is the worst racist animal on earth... One Nigerian my foot...
Re: Abolish State Of Origin For National Peace - Gideon Okeke by RoyalUc(m): 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
Sammy07:

So the fulanis living in southern parts of Nigeria should be claiming the state??

I suspect you're Fulani.

Just like the Igbo, Yoruba, Ibibio, Ogoni, Isoko, etc living in the Northern part of Nigerian would claim the region (Nigeria).

I suspect you're Congolese grin

(1) (Reply)

See 4 Nigerian Aside Hushpuppi That Has Been Arrested For Fraud In The US / How To Watch Big Brother Naija Online / Bbnaija 2020 Live Updates: Eric And Lilo Ship| Dorathy And Ozo| Kaisha Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.