Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles (10184 Views)

Airline Offers Free UAE Tourist Visas For Nigerian Travellers / Uk Border Official 'gave Away Visas For Tens Of Thousands Of Pounds' / Nigeria Government Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya And Seychelles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by SAKUR: 1:45am On Feb 02, 2011
The Federal Government has relaxed visa requirements for citizens of Kenya and Seychelles with effect from February 11, 2011 following a directive from President Goodluck Jonathan.

Visitors from the two countries will from that date only be required to pay a visa fee of $25 at the point of entry, rather than go through the hassles of visa application at the Nigerian High Commission in Nairobi as was the case currently.

But for the nationals of Seychelles, their valid passport admits them directly into Nigeria without any recourse to visa fees.

This was the outcome of a meeting between the Minister of Interior, Capt. Emmanuel Iheanacho (retd.) and the ministers of foreign affairs and aviation in Abuja on Tuesday.

Ihenacho said that as soon as all protocols were completed by the Ministry of Aviation, the Kenyan Airways would be granted permission to new frequencies at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja where it could operate direct flights to and from Kenya to ease logistic problems of travelers who wish to originate and terminate their flights in the Federal Capital Territory.

According to the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs , Mrs. Salamatu Suleiman, the Federal Government took the decision to reciprocate the diplomatic gesture extended to her by the governments of the two countries which have been in place since May 2009.

In his remark, Nigeria’s High Commissioner to Kenya and Seychelles, Dr. Chijioke Wigwe, described the policy as a new beginning that would improve the existing relationship between Nigeria and the two countries.

“I believe other African nations will take a cue from this relationship and explore such diplomatic options that will bring about unity in the continent,” he said
http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011020213185548
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Nobody: 2:33am On Feb 02, 2011
Why just Kenya and Seychelles?

And does Nigeria get the love reciprocated?
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by SAKUR: 2:41am On Feb 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yes since 2009 I think.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Nobody: 2:49am On Feb 02, 2011
SAKUR:

Yes since 2009 I think.

But why just those two countries?
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by SEFAGO(m): 2:55am On Feb 02, 2011
interesting, so which countries do Nigeria have a visa waiver for?

Kind of interested.

Ileke-IdI:

But why just those two countries?

Hello love
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 02, 2011
SEFAGO:

interesting, so which countries do Nigeria have a visa waiver for?

Kind of interested.

Hello love

Zimbabwe and Madagascar, I believe.

Hello to you too.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Becomrichn: 3:25am On Feb 02, 2011
jonathan is desperate to please obama.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by fstranger1: 3:25am On Feb 02, 2011
And Somalia too, I think!
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by fstranger1: 3:27am On Feb 02, 2011
Becomrichn:

jonathan is desperate to please obama.

Is Obama from Seychelles?
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by FBS: 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2011
SAKUR:

Yes since 2009 I think.

ah. Didn't know this.

So on holidays to Kenya and Seychelles then. zooooom! cheesy
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by johnjoel(m): 12:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
niaja fg is all crazy
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Stealthy(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2011
I am aware of the fact that Kenya stopped requesting for Nigerians to have a visa before travelling a while back. In 2009, I went to Kenya & I got my visa at the airport in Nairobi.

It's a good development anyway. If we allow more countries to have visa-free (or easier visa) access to Nigeria, then chances are that we'll also get more countries to relax the rules concerning Nigerians visiting.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by nvo5(f): 1:01pm On Feb 02, 2011
@ becomrichn are they still trying to please Obama

Per Congo immigration new regulation nationals of ETHIOPIAN,ERITREAN,SOMALIAN,PAKISTANIES,SRILANKIANS and BANGLADESHIANS

are not allowed to enter the country with visit visa, this is therefore to kindly request you not to accept passengers of above nationality with visit visa to Congo unless they have resident permit for Congo.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by olumyde5(m): 1:09pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

May be the The UK and The US will pay us back in return by waiving visas for Nigerians too , lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by dramaquin: 1:17pm On Feb 02, 2011
this sounds good

i had heard that Nigerians werent allowed into Seychelles, except on emergency for not more than 24 hrs!

this is a great development, as these two countries are great for aspiring tourists like me grin
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by eghost247(m): 1:23pm On Feb 02, 2011
Nice Would Love to See Kenya
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by otokx(m): 1:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
How about Somalia?
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by semid4lyfe(m): 1:32pm On Feb 02, 2011
FBS:

ah. Didn't know this.

So on holidays to Kenya and Seychelles then. zooooom!  cheesy

Long time. . .how ur madam and ur boi? grin grin
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Princek12(m): 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2011
olumyde5:

May be the The UK and The US will pay us back in return by waiving visas for Nigerians too , lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cool

If the U.S. waives a visa requirement for Nigerian citizens, Nigeria will come to an end. You go figure.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by eghost247(m): 1:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
Princek12:

If the U.S. waives a visa requirement for Nigerian citizens, Nigeria will come to an end. You go figure.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 02, 2011
Princek12:

Everyone including Jonathan will 'jar'.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by otokx(m): 2:03pm On Feb 02, 2011
@Ferdii

Don't be too sure.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Kennyblues(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2011
have you forgoten Obama is from Kenya?
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by sley4life(m): 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2011
Stealthy:

I am aware of the fact that Kenya stopped requesting for Nigerians to have a visa before travelling a while back. In 2009, I went to Kenya & I got my visa at the airport in Nairobi.

It's a good development anyway. If we allow more countries to have visa-free (or easier visa) access to Nigeria, then chances are that we'll also get more countries to relax the rules concerning Nigerians visiting.

I disagree. I have a Kenya visa last 2months obtained at  their consulate in FCT. Why didnt the Embassy officials disclose to me that Nigerians don't need Visa to Kenya. Or Maybe Nigerians need a visa 2 go to Kenya.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Princek12(m): 2:13pm On Feb 02, 2011
ferdiii:

Just imagine how many people will ja
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by tpia5: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2011
Per Congo immigration new regulation nationals of ETHIOPIAN,ERITREAN,SOMALIAN,PAKISTANIES,SRILANKIANS and BANGLADESHIANS

are not allowed to enter the country with visit visa, this is therefore to kindly request you not to accept passengers of above nationality with visit visa to Congo unless they have resident permit for Congo.

um.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by tpia5: 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2011
@topic

what are the implications of this, and yes, i do feel it might be related to obama.

as per seychelles, not sure i've ever met anyone from there.

interesting development though it may or may not mean much.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by fstranger1: 4:17pm On Feb 02, 2011
tpia@:

@topic

what are the implications of this, and yes, i do feel it might be related to obama.

as per seychelles, not sure i've ever met anyone from there.

interesting development though it may or may not mean much.

You ve started smoking the same thing Becomrichn is smoking

How does this impact Obama, and what does Obama have to gain form it

And why would anyone in their right mind want to come to Nigeria

Even me sef, wey be Nigerian, I'd rather go to Ghana than spend time in Nigeria

Anyway, Dont beleive everything Becomrichn writes, we are not even sure if Becomrichn is human.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by tpiah2: 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^talk to the nigerian govt, sweetie.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by SweetT1: 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2011
And these Goats at Nigerian Embassy in NY and DC dey give me headache last year when i applied for a Nigerian visa. They claimed that they did not have a record that i ever owned a Nigerian Passport.  Imagine the insult when i had to apply for a visa to enter my Papa Land. Awon Oloshi.
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 02, 2011
Sweet T:

And these Goats at Nigerian Embassy in NY and DC they give me headache last year when i applied for a Nigerian visa. They claimed that they did not have a record that i ever owned a Nigerian Passport. Imagine the insult when i had to apply for a visa to enter my Papa Land. Awon Oloshi.

Na who be you? Look at this Ghanaian in a Nigerian embassy pretending to be Nigerian.
You be one of those Ghanaian wey go scam whitey go claim Nigerian.

olumyde5:

After you ppl don scam them finish grin

ferdiii:

rotfl! grin
Re: Fg Waives Visas For Nationals Of Kenya, Seychelles by babaowo: 5:50pm On Feb 02, 2011
yeah this is true, i went to kenya with my children last november and we collect visa at port of entry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport Advise / Hotels Close To Walter Carrington / Calling All Diasporans, Hints And Tips Needed To Survive This Recession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.