Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:49 AM

Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh (415 Views)

Two Friends Found A Wallet And Returned It To The Owner, What Happened Next... / John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie Receives Standing Ovation At Endinburgh Int'l Film Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh by Victoriamark: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has lauded a Nigerian man, Ikenna Nweke, who displayed integrity by returning a missing wallet containing a huge sum of money as well as a credit card and other valuables in Japan.

Ikenna, an Imo State native, who is a PhD student at the University of Tsukuba, Japan, and also a teaching assistant in the same university, revealed that he stumbled on the wallet while climbing the staircase to buy some items for his wife at the Tsukuba center.

“As I drew closer, I saw that it was a wallet. When I opened it, I saw a huge sum of money, a credit card, and other valuables. I immediately reported it to the police.

One of the officers was surprised and asked me why I did not take the money. I told him that there was no need for that because I was raised by responsible parents and that I am also a Christian.

He told me that according to Japanese law, I was entitled to 10% of the money found inside the wallet. Again I declined. The look on his face indicated bewilderment,” Ikenna said.

Nweke who is married with four kids disclosed the owner of the wallet called him to show appreciation and also got a letter from the Ibaraki/Tsukuba Police.

“They expressed their gratitude towards my incredible and selfless behavior. Not every Nigerian is criminal-minded. There are a lot of Nigerians abroad working so hard to erase the bad name given to “us” by the criminal few,” Nweke added.

President Buhari, through his personal assistant on new media, Bashir Ahmad commended Ikenna for projecting the values of honesty, integrity and contentment.

https:///news/nigerian-man-returnes-a-wallet-loaded-with-cash-in-japan-receives-president-buharis-praise/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh by eliyke(m): 2:25pm On Jul 05, 2020
kiss
Re: Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh by katoto: 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
Nigerians are honest people with the exception of few who are cursed with lack of integrity.
Re: Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh by crossfm: 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
Great news.let's make Nigeria gr8 again.
Re: Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
in Japan, unless its foreigners who find your wallet, 99.99999% of the time, you will find your wallet where you lost/misplaced it.

where is that dude again...?! bro Kalufelix, come and see a man possessing what you lack...
Re: Nigerian Man Returnes A Wallet Loaded With Cash In Japan, Receives President Buh by kalufelix(m): 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
:> No figures... 'loaded with cash' indeed .. All for show... Most importantly the fear of CCTV in a foreign chinko land is the beginning of wisdom...

(1) (Reply)

The Candle In The Wind- A Review / Another Loss For Nigerian Literary Community, As J.P. Clark Passes On / Script Writers Needed For Youtube Videos - Long Term And Remote Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.