Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

How To Survive In This Period That FG Has Extended The Lockdown By 4weeks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Survive In This Period That FG Has Extended The Lockdown By 4weeks (183 Views)

Strike: Why FG Has Not Paid Some Doctors - Ngige / Lockdown: What Would You Be Doing This Period? / Osagie Ehanire: FG Has Declared War On Lassa Fever, Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive In This Period That FG Has Extended The Lockdown By 4weeks by Hillary99(m): 2:57pm On Jul 05, 2020
Opera News Nigeria

Only for Opera News fans.

Follow

Corona disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.

In order to avoid the spread of this dangerous disease, Nigeria began its lockdown in March.

People thought after 2- 3 weeks, the FG would relax the lockdown but it didn't happen and up to date, there is still lockdown.

The lockdown has no doubt affected the socio-economic sector of the country.

This brings me to the topic "How to survive in this period that the FG has extended lockdown by 4 weeks."

1. Don't get sick

Over the past couple of weeks, many Nigerians have been seen crying over the Lost of their loved ones on social media due to abandonment by health workers.

Take for instance Okolo Divine Bliss, who lost his mom due to abandonment by health workers. According to him, the mother who had pneumonia, died in the hospital as a result of doctors abandonment for fear she had a corona virus.

This brings me to the topic "How to prevent sickness this period."

1. We should try as much as possible to eat foods that can boost our immune system.

Top foods/fruits that can boost our immune system

1. Ginger

2. Garlic

3. Yogurt

4. Almond

5. Spinach

6. Turmeric

7. Sunflower seeds

8. Green tea

9. Poultry

10. Red bell pepper

11. Shellfish

12.papaya

Health ways to boost our immune system

1. Exercise regularly

2. Avoid excess alcohol

3. Get adequate sleep

4. Maintain a healthy weight

5. Cooking meats thoroughly

6. Maintaining good hygiene.

I will like to talk more about "Maintaining Good hygiene."

Maintaining good hygiene is very necessary and we can achieve this through the following ways:

1. Bathing regularly

2. Keeping the environment neat

3.wearing clean clothes

Families are also advised to use a mosquito net to avoid going to the hospital where doctors without proper examination due to fear of the coronavirus will tell you that you have a coronavirus.

The next thing we should learn is "How to cut down our budget."

Yes, we have to cut down our budget. We can achieve this in the following ways:

Don't follow trend

Don't follow the trend of people buying expensive clothes. The essence of clothes is to make us appear smart and look good. So wear clothes that are affordable! Remember, we don't know the exact time the lockdown is going to be over.

"cut down on your cable subscription!"

This is the period where we should be thinking of how to spend less and save more. We are advised to cut down on our cable subscription.

Some people don't earn much but have DSTV at home, that is foolishness! Go for GOTV or StarTimes and upgrade when this pandemic is over. You will still be watching CNN anyways!

cut down on your house rent

If your house rent is too expensive, you are advised to look for a cheaper one instead of struggling to pay for it.

Having said this, the next thing you are advised to do is to "keep your circle of friends small."

Don't follow freinds that are not sensible, they could lead you into a very big problem. I'm pretty sure you don't want to get into any problem.

Just imagine going to prison this period

It is very disastrous, we could end up spending all our hard-earned money. To avoid this, we should try to keep our circle small!

The next thing we should also learn this period is "How to observe NCDC preventive measures).

This include

1. Mandatory use of nonmedical face mask/covering in public spaces

2. Mandatory provision of handwashing facilities/sanitizers and extensive temperature checks in all public spaces • Physical distancing of 2 meters between people in workplaces and other public spaces

3. Prohibition of the gathering of more than twenty (20) persons outside of a workplace

4. Nationwide curfew from 10 pm to 4 am to limit social interactions and reduce the risk of transmission of corvid-19.

5. Controlled access to markets and locations of economic activities

6. Restricted opening of places of worship based on state government protocols and with strict guidelines on physical distancing and other non-pharmaceutical interventions. See NCDC guideline here

7.Prohibition of non-essential interstate travel except goods and services.

Lastly, "we should be prayerful!"

prayer is the most important thing during this period. We should be more closer to God and beg him for mercy and forgiveness.

We should also pray that God should take this ailment away from the surface of the earth.

I personally think I have done justice to this topic. I advise us to observe all of this and by doing so, I believe God would see us through.

What is your take on this?

Do you think am missing something?

Please comment below and don't forget to hit the like button.

From Opera News Hub

The views expressed in this article are the writer's, they do not reflect the views of Opera News. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to feedback-newshub@operanewshub.com

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19 Can Still Be Brought Under Control – WHO / Best Way To Take Care Of Dog Bite At Home / 10 Interesting Facts About The Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.