Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Daily Cry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Cry (116 Views)

Daily Cry / Daily Cry / Daily Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Cry by adefajosekayo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
<b>DAILY CRY</b>

I could remember some year ago, when lantern is still much trending, before electric lamp took over. My mother or I used to clean the lantern bulb (we call it 'eyin lantern'), the reason why we clean it is because we want the light from the lantern to shine brighter. Apart from that, it is a shameful thing when a visitor visit and see the 'bulb' of your lantern covered with black smoke residue (ash).

Matthew 5:14, just like the lantern make light at night, christians are light of the world. Christianity cannot be hidden, so if the bulb of our lantern is dirty, it is a shame to us before visitors. What do I mean? I mean if there is sin in your life as a christian, it is a shame on you before unbelievers. Even a shame before those that are yet to be saved and hoping to be.

1 Peter 2:9, do you exhibit royalty? A royal person will always behave peculiar and different, that is the quality that makes other envy royalty, everyone want to be royal. As a christian, do you still have the aroma that attract people, the aroma that make people want to be like you?

I cry, sin is dangerous and reap glory, a life like Jesus is what a christian should live. It is hypocrisy when you call yourself a christian and not exhibit the characters of Jesus or follow his teachings.
LIGHT
Re: Daily Cry by Manofvalor1: 6:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
words of light,words of hope.ancient words of light.righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.may God help us and gives us grace to live holy lives free of willful sining.God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Metaphorical Book On Life -thisdaylive / Instinct To Increase / Get The Interpretation Of Your Dreams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.