Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,355 members, 7,954,424 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:45 PM

Do You Know That SEX EDUCATION Can Curb RAPE Incidents? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Know That SEX EDUCATION Can Curb RAPE Incidents? (137 Views)

Is This Not Too Much Sex Education For Kids? / Erelu Bisi Fayemi Writes To Minister Of Education Over Sex Education / Is This Sex Education Or What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know That SEX EDUCATION Can Curb RAPE Incidents? by FavourJames(f): 6:54am On Jul 06, 2020
What do you think about sec education? Are you one of those who see sec education as evil? Please drop your comments.

Yes we carry placards to say know to RAPE, it's not enough. We create awareness, advocate for rape victims and we are getting the government to do something about it, like making rape a crime punishable by life imprisonment which is nice, but, it is not enough. Thank God that all these, have been, or are being put in place. What of SEX EDUCATION?

I call for a sustainable approach to sexual assault prevention. Teaching young people ranging from elementary to high school (with the level of sexual knowledge that soots them), about healthy and unhealthy sexual relationships and how to say no to unwanted sex. When you teach refusal skills, you are telling young people both that they can say no and helping them develop skills for communicating with a potential partner. They should know what to do when the opposite partner does not adhere to their "NO". Let girls know that they should have a pepper spray with them especially when in a suspicious environment. Let's build in them the skills required to combat, or overcome such situations, when they find themselves in it.

The male counterpart is taught in sex education to respect the female, the female is taught to do so too. I wish to say more, but I'm tired. I'll conclude by saying the more hours of classroom time we devote to this, and the more we engage young people in talking about these issues, the better they will do.

(1) (Reply)

Job Interview Questions / Five Best Ways To Maximize Your Time For High Productivity / Unilag Honor Ex Coach With Cricket Pitch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.