Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience (1502 Views)

Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / Baby Found Alive On Mum’s Back 24hrs After Bandits Shot Her Dead (pix) / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by DEGREE2466(m): 10:21am On Jul 06, 2020
So, I want to share an experience of my closest encounter with men of the underworld.

This incident happened in 2009, the year I wrote my senior WAEC.

I was posted to work with an uncle immediately after my secondary school. For the protection of the interest group in this story and some details in it, I will not mention the name of the profession of this uncle but I will henceforth refer to him as uncle Jay.

Uncle Jay is not related to me by blood but I was to work for him for just one year on an official assignment.

One thing about uncle Jay is that he likes girls a lot. There are about 15 to 20 girls living with us in the same house. The girls live with uncle in the story building while I live with my co-workers in the boys quarters.

Uncle Jay spends a lot of money on these girls just to make them happy. He books flights for them to and fro Lagos, pay their school fees and buy things for their families, just to keep them hostage in his house, while enjoying them turn by turn. I'm sure uncle Jay has a register for sleeping with these girls.

Well, it happened that one of the girls just returned from Lagos and instead of using public transport, she called uncle Jay to come pick her.

Uncle left home around 6 pm with one of the girls. They were not supposed to spend more than one hour on that trip. We waited around 8pm, uncle was not back. We called his number but it wasn't going through, called the girl that left with him, the number was switched off, called the girl that he went to pick, and she said that uncle has not gotten to the airport.

That's when we knew that there was a problem. Two of the guys working with me went out with a motorcycle to look for the missing uncle with his girl. You can imagine using motorcycle to look for people that went out with a car.

Uncle Jay was driving a 2008 Toyota corolla. You know what it means to be driving a 2008 corolla in 2009? That's an executive ride then.

When my colleagues returned with no success of sighting uncle anywhere close to where their bike could take them, we had to go to bed and hope to embark on a more thorough search or at least, report to the police in the morning.

In the morning the following day, around 5 am, uncles car horn honked and I, being the youngest in rank among my colleagues have the responsibility of opening the gate for uncle. In fact, my room is next to the entrance gate.

Due to the incident of the last night, one of the girls who was claimed to be uncle's relative and should be in her 30's came down to join me open the gate.

Immediately we opened the gate, the next thing we heard was "DON'T MOVE". That's when I knew it was time to go answer to my maker for the few sins that I have committed on earth (I was a little innocent then anyway wink)

So, I stood still with the Aunty that came down to open the gate with me. Immediately, the kidnappers-turned-armed-robbers tried to move in to the compound, our two dogs (two black ekukes) started barking and charged at the robbers.

Out of fear, one of the robbers shot twice in the air and that was me standing still, staring at the man shooting in the air. The bullet fire just rested on my body and out of fear, I took to my hills.

I went upstairs where uncle lives and locked the entrance door. It happened that the kidnappers took uncle hostage all through the night together with the girl. Their initial intention was to demand for ransom but somehow they changed their minds and decided to come home to rob uncle and free him.

So, they returned that morning with uncle. Uncle Jay had to call me to come and open the door for them so they can take what they want and go.

I fearfully came down and opened the door and ran back to one of the girl's rooms to hide. They went to uncle's room, took his golds, all the money they saw, his laptops, phones, and all valuables they could see.

And then they left with uncle's car. The closest we got with recovering the car was when scammers called several times that they have found the car, that uncle should pay a certain amount of money to get it back.

It's important to note that we didn't set eyes on any of the dogs for complete two days after the gunshot (ekukes self grin angry)

That is how I would have lost my life as a teenager, people.

Have you had a close range with gunshots? Let's hear your experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by osamz007: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2020
THE BULLET HIT AND BOUNCED BACK. GOD NO GO SHAME US. THE MARK STIILL DEY SHAA
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by DEGREE2466(m): 11:02am On Jul 06, 2020
osamz007:
THE BULLET HIT AND BOUNCED BACK. GOD NO GO SHAME US. THE MARK STIILL DEY SHAA

Would you mind writing a detailed story if your statement is true?
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 06, 2020
I went place Sierra Foxtrot.....I was with my brother, at night we were under attack cry

Everybody was rushing out....

Me ....

As I was leaving, a bravo hotel guy came out of hiding and shot at me..... luckily I was wearing a vest ......(I never liked it).......
I shot back sad shocked

And he was down embarassed
My first......

Mehn after that incident, the next morning all them in his platoon were hailing me......

More stories but lemme end here....

If you don't believe, then go there and have a first hand experience yourself.....

RIP Bro.......you live on forever

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by DEGREE2466(m): 12:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
Xavfra:
I went place Sierra Foxtrot.....I was with my brother, at night we were under attack cry

Me ....

As I was leaving, a bravo hotel guy came out of hiding and shot at me..... luckily I was wearing a vest ......(I never liked it).......
I shot back sad shocked

My first......

Mehn after that incident, the next morning all them in his platoon were hailing me......

If you don't believe, then go there and have a first hand experience yourself.....

Who wrote this script?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 06, 2020
DEGREE2466:

Who wrote this script?

It's real.....

I don't know how to write very good descriptions of event and I'm leaving out somethings

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by tundchip2: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ife, osun state, 2015.

After the students riot that day, I, Igharo, his girlfriend and my girlfriend went to the wrecked female hostel to pack some of their stuffs that hadn't been looted. We were upstairs in the female hostel,
Na so we just heard "gbawww"
it was from a Cut to size double barrel, so loud. I had seen it on one of the Vikings boys in the afternoon when they were rioting and destroying.

And Kelvin don tell me sey make I no go out that day that cultists boys could use this opportunity to count score.

Back to us at the female hostel,
Me and my guy took off, the girls also ran, we got downstairs and hid behind a spoilt geepee water tank. Na so the guys just point torch light at the tank wey we dey, na so our shadow betray us..

Then they were shouting and running towards us "who goes there" "who be" blah blah blah, the girls just stood there screaming and crying, me and igharo took off, we ran round the hostel as they were pursuing us, igharo scaled the fence and landed into a light swamp he almost drowned, Na God. I tried scaling the fence but i was too heavy to lift my self even in the "Adrenaline rush induced" moment, I ran to the other side and saw a metal gate that had been closed for years, luckily it had some rails i could climb, like James Bond, as i was about to step on the rails to scale the gate na another "gbawww" it was deafening, I guess the guy pointed the gun in the wrong direction even when he was already close to me Or God just didn't want me to die like that, cos the shrapnel alone from the gun could hurt me bad, but God didn't allow.

Na so i just scale the fence m, dey run enter deep forest, I guess the guy got tired and stopped running after me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Liposure: 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Back in 2014 around Dec. I was travelling from uromi to lagos. While at the park waiting for the bus to leave. Suddenly, a trigger happy policeman appeared from nowhere. I dont know whether he was high or something. Next i heard was pow! in the air. Immediately i and every other persons in the bus shook. We couldnt move. we couldnt run. Thank god nobody was hurt. It was a terrible experience

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by DEGREE2466(m): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Xavfra:

It's real.....

I don't know how to write very good descriptions of event and I'm leaving out somethings

Okay

1 Like

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by DEGREE2466(m): 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
tundchip2:
Ife, osun state, 2015.

After the students riot that day, I, Igharo, his girlfriend and my girlfriend went to the wrecked female hostel to pack some of their stuffs that hadn't been looted. We were upstairs in the female hostel,
it was from a Cut to size double barrel, so loud. I had seen it on one of the Vikings boys in the afternoon when they were rioting and destroying.

And Kelvin don tell me sey make I no go out that day that cultists boys could use this opportunity to count score.

Me and my guy took off, the girls also ran, we got downstairs and hid behind a spoilt geepee water tank. Na so the guys just point torch light at the tank wey we dey, na so our shadow betray us..

Then they were shouting and running towards us "who goes there" "who be" blah blah blah, the girls just stood there screaming and crying, me and igharo took off, we ran round the hostel as they were pursuing us, igharo scaled the fence and landed into a light swamp he almost drowned, Na God. I tried scaling the fence but i was too heavy to lift my self even in the "Adrenaline rush induced" moment, I ran to the other side and saw a metal gate that had been closed for years, luckily it had some rails i could climb, like James Bond, as i was about to step on the rails to scale the gate na another "gbawww" it was deafening, I guess the guy pointed the gun in the wrong direction even when he was already close to me Or God just didn't want me to die like that, cos the shrapnel alone from the gun could hurt me bad, but God didn't allow.

Na so i just scale the fence m, dey run enter deep forest, I guess the guy got tired and stopped running after me.

This one is beyond close range to a gun shot, it's close range to death embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Alooone: 5:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
It was the year 2012, ...boko Haram attacked my church back then in school,.. They shot a Professor near me

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Baloranking(m): 5:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
Never had a gunshot experience but, I had a gun pointed at me last year. A robbery some where in ebonyi state.

Thank God for my life.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Ameboperoo(m): 6:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
Me I grew up in the village and a lot of hunting expenditures with my hunter friends. We shoot guns a lot.

Another one, during SUG election in my former institution. After the voting, they started calling the winners around 12midnight. As we were crowded together at the convocation square, one of the bad boy just pulled out a short shot gun, gbo! He fired at the roof of the convocation square. Come and see race! I never knew the Dean of students affairs could run that fast. We went back the following day to count the bullet holes on the zinc, almost 50 at that close range.
If you are close to some politicians, it's a very common sight seeing the security personnels shooting in the air for a reason only God knows. I know a senator who always announced his presence in his hometown with intermittent gunshots all through his stay.
So many I can't even recount now

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Ameboperoo(m): 6:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
DEGREE2466:
So, I want to share an experience of my closest encounter with men of the underworld.

This incident happened in 2009, the year I wrote my senior WAEC.

I was posted to work with an uncle immediately after my secondary school. For the protection of the interest group in this story and some details in it, I will not mention the name of the profession of this uncle but I will henceforth refer to him as uncle Jay.

Uncle Jay is not related to me by blood but I was to work for him for just one year on an official assignment.

One thing about uncle Jay is that he likes girls a lot. There are about 15 to 20 girls living with us in the same house. The girls live with uncle in the story building while I live with my co-workers in the boys quarters.

Uncle Jay spends a lot of money on these girls just to make them happy. He books flights for them to and fro Lagos, pay their school fees and buy things for their families, just to keep them hostage in his house, while enjoying them turn by turn. I'm sure uncle Jay has a register for sleeping with these girls.

Well, it happened that one of the girls just returned from Lagos and instead of using public transport, she called uncle Jay to come pick her.

Uncle left home around 6 pm with one of the girls. They were not supposed to spend more than one hour on that trip. We waited around 8pm, uncle was not back. We called his number but it wasn't going through, called the girl that left with him, the number was switched off, called the girl that he went to pick, and she said that uncle has not gotten to the airport.

That's when we knew that there was a problem. Two of the guys working with me went out with a motorcycle to look for the missing uncle with his girl. You can imagine using motorcycle to look for people that went out with a car.

Uncle Jay was driving a 2008 Toyota corolla. You know what it means to be driving a 2008 corolla in 2009? That's an executive ride then.

When my colleagues returned with no success of sighting uncle anywhere close to where their bike could take them, we had to go to bed and hope to embark on a more thorough search or at least, report to the police in the morning.

In the morning the following day, around 5 am, uncles car horn honked and I, being the youngest in rank among my colleagues have the responsibility of opening the gate for uncle. In fact, my room is next to the entrance gate.

Due to the incident of the last night, one of the girls who was claimed to be uncle's relative and should be in her 30's came down to join me open the gate.

Immediately we opened the gate, the next thing we heard was "DON'T MOVE". That's when I knew it was time to go answer to my maker for the few sins that I have committed on earth (I was a little innocent then anyway wink)

So, I stood still with the Aunty that came down to open the gate with me. Immediately, the kidnappers-turned-armed-robbers tried to move in to the compound, our two dogs (two black ekukes) started barking and charged at the robbers.

Out of fear, one of the robbers shot twice in the air and that was me standing still, staring at the man shooting in the air. The bullet fire just rested on my body and out of fear, I took to my hills.

I went upstairs where uncle lives and locked the entrance door. It happened that the kidnappers took uncle hostage all through the night together with the girl. Their initial intention was to demand for ransom but somehow they changed their minds and decided to come home to rob uncle and free him.

So, they returned that morning with uncle. Uncle Jay had to call me to come and open the door for them so they can take what they want and go.

I fearfully came down and opened the door and ran back to one of the girl's rooms to hide. They went to uncle's room, took his golds, all the money they saw, his laptops, phones, and all valuables they could see.

And then they left with uncle's car. The closest we got with recovering the car was when scammers called several times that they have found the car, that uncle should pay a certain amount of money to get it back.

It's important to note that we didn't set eyes on any of the dogs for complete two days after the gunshot (ekukes self grin angry)

That is how I would have lost my life as a teenager, people.

Have you had a close range with gunshots? Let's hear your experience

Your uncle is a yahoo mañ?
Just a question nio
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by saintvc(m): 3:58am On Jul 07, 2020
I remember the day bokoharam attacked me and I use my AK 49 and killed them all.about 30 of them with one gin shut.

then I woke up from my dream
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by tenmariner: 6:50am On Jul 07, 2020
Around April this year
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by DEGREE2466(m): 9:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Ameboperoo:

Your uncle is a yahoo mañ?
Just a question nio

Hahaha, why did you ask?

Seriously, I know nairaland people. If I should mention the profession of the uncle and more details about his lifestyle, people here will leave the gunshot story to discuss and attack the profession
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by lekxaid007(m): 10:15am On Jul 07, 2020
Xavfra:

Me ....

I shot back sad shocked

My first......

you did a great job sir , but no RIP for that bravo hotel guy, they shall rot in hell

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 07, 2020
lekxaid007:
you did a great job sir , but no RIP for that bravo hotel guy, they shall rot in hell

Thank you sir....

I wasn't referring to the bravo hotel guy....

I was to my late brother
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by lekxaid007(m): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2020
Xavfra:

Thank you sir....

I wasn't referring to the bravo hotel guy....

I was to my late brother
ooh sorry, May he continue to rest in perfect peace ,amen

1 Like

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 07, 2020
lekxaid007:
ooh sorry, May he continue to rest in perfect peace ,amen

Thank you sir.....

I appreciate
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Righteousness89(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2020
I have had one physical encounter years ago, traveling back to Lagos..

Spirtually, I have had so many encounters, they shoot and shoot and shoot, but it does not penetrate!

Not by my Power! Nor my Skills or whatever!

I enjoy a Covenant with GOD ALMIGHTY!
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by VirginFinder: 11:34am On Jul 07, 2020
Righteousness89:
I have had one physical encounter years ago, traveling back to Lagos..

Spirtually, I have had so many encounters, they shoot and shoot and shoot, but it does not penetrate!

Not by my Ppower! Nor my Sskills or whatever!

I enjoy a Ccovenant with GOD ALMIGHTY!
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by GboyegaD(m): 11:51am On Jul 07, 2020
It was sometimes as an undergraduate. We had this lecture boycott and were to have a congress. The invited the police who students were trying to chase away. I was in my room when I learned they were shooting runner bullets and that caught my interest. I went out to Fajuyi Hall and was enjoying the police and thief scenario going on.

They finally ran out of rubber bullets and informed us. At that point, no one could come near. All of a sudden a naked guy started walking towards them without fear and the police sensing he had jazz, decided to drive away.

We started chasing them and thanks to my big stature people were over taking me. A guy overtook me and in less than 30 seconds a bullet they shot to the ground bounced and hit him on the chin. He was rushed to the school clinic and from there to the teaching hospital where he was pronounced dead.

I got back to my room and all I could say was thank God I was on the big side. It was an experience that I cannot explain.

Rest on Rasheed Laketu. He died on November 3, 2004.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Ameboperoo(m): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2020
GboyegaD:
It was sometimes as an undergraduate. We had this lecture boycott and were to have a congress. The invited the police who students were trying to chase away. I was in my room when I learned they were shooting runner bullets and that caught my interest. I went out to Fajuyi Hall and was enjoying the police and thief scenario going on.

They finally ran out of rubber bullets and informed us. At that point, no one could come near. All of a sudden a naked guy started walking towards them without fear and the police sensing he had jazz, decided to drive away.

We started chasing them and thanks to my big stature people were over taking me. A guy overtook me and in less than 30 seconds a bullet they shot to the ground bounced and hit him on the chin. He was rushed to the school clinic and from there to the teaching hospital where he was pronounced dead.

I got back to my room and all I could say was thank God I was on the big side. It was an experience that I cannot explain.

Rest on Rasheed Laketu. He died on November 3, 2004.
This reminds me of a similar situation in my former institution too. The lady was shot in her hostel though.
The hostel was later named after her.
Mary Ajayi hostel

1 Like

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by GboyegaD(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2020
tundchip2:
Ife, osun state, 2015.

Was this at OAU? If yes, Management successfully destroyed the University with all the suspensions they gave student union in the past to perpetrate their evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by RoyalBlak007: 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
[2009]- Boarded a bus from Ibadan heading to Lagos, Just before Redemption Camp. The bus was attacked by 4 men in black.

Each Armed with an AK-47 assault rifle.We all got down from the bus and took off in different directions.They were shooting sporadically. While running i felt a bullet scratch my left shoulder. I still have the scar till today cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by merieam16(f): 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2020
saintvc:
I remember the day bokoharam attacked me and I use my AK 49 and killed them all.about 30 of them with one gin shut.

then I woke up from my dream
gringringrin Abeg who get sense 4 der, person need am
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by HarunaWest(m): 12:13am On Jul 08, 2020
Xavfra:

Me ....

I shot back sad shocked

My first......

Set awon SF... One Man, ONE Bullet.
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by Nobody: 5:10am On Jul 08, 2020
HarunaWest:

Set awon SF... One Man, ONE Bullet.

I didn't serve as SF......I worked with......

Believe your choice
Disbelief your choice
Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by poshestmina(f): 11:53am On Jul 08, 2020
I grew up in Phc so we are somehow used to the sound of Pain!

Sometime around 2012/13 .I left my school lounge late in the night from Choba to go meet a guy I was dating in Gra.
if you know Phc ,there's that bridge between Ozuoba/Mgbuoba axis that's always very lonely and there was a police check point there .

So I got a cab and I was on the phone when I heard several gunshots in front of us .( We were very close to the check point) and there was only one car in front of us .

The cab man quickly pulled over and my heart was in my mouth already ,after 1 minute later ,I saw the car in front of us driving backwards towards us ,( the distance was much a bit )but we saw the car

I shouted at the driver to turn and go back the route we came from .there were cars already behind us that pulled over too .The cabman revised till we got back to Ozuoba junction and the cars behind us revised too .

We got back to Ozuoba junction ,stayed till we saw about 5 cars went back to the check point before we moved!.

IMMEDIATELY after the check point ,a policeman was there ,with gunshots wound begging cars to stop and help him .NONE did!
I begged the driver to stop ,oh I begged and cried and said I was ready to face all the consequences before he reluctantly stopped and I assisted the policeman in .

He was from Ogoni ,with pains in his eyes begging me not to let him die ( the cab man left the inner lights on and I was making a video with my fone) .He was calling on God , talking about his wife and new born baby and asked us to take him to Teme ,he was bleeding profusely( 1 emergency hospital at mile 1 ,diobu,not sure I got the spelling) .

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Closest Range To A Gun Shot? My Experience by poshestmina(f): 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2020
Was I scared YES!!!
He kept talking about how they shout his colleagues , some escaped but he was at the driver's side of the van and couldn't escape so they shot his laps twice.

Thankfully ,close to Rumuokwuta junction,we saw 2 police vans loaded with officers on the opposite lane .we flagged them down and they came over ,he was apparently very weak now ,he just told his colleagues to thank me and the cab man ,they carried him into one of their vans and left .

I was thankful ,scared ,sad ,angry .
I couldn't go to where I was supposed to ,with a blood socked cloth.
cab man was blaming me and telling me how he would have denied me if the man had died.

He said I must pay money to wash his seats and all .
Took me back to my hostel ,I had to rally round and gave him 5k .

I couldn't sleep all night, praying for the man to survive .His eyes ,I saw pains deeper than everything I ever saw all through my existence.

Next morning ,the cab man came back ,said he wanted to check on me for any update and refunded the 5k...I was shocked.

Mr Police officer ,I hope you survived .If you didn't,God rest your soul ! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed sad.

I'm not sure I'd take that kind of risk now though!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalanders Taught Me How To Give And I'll Continue To Be A Blessing To Others / Is My Best Friend Over Reacting? / Please How Can I Start A Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.