Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,094 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn (16781 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense / Buhari Seeks Fresh N819bn Loan, Domestic Debts Hit N22.57tn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Bekool(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
CODEIN:
Reply to the propaganda thread: 4 Popular Nigerians That Have Been Charged & Arrested Abroad For Fraud

How they actually rank up

Emmanuel Nwude $280Million advance fee fraud against bank of brazil (Igbo)

Tobechi ‘blingz’ Onwuhara $40million home equity line of credit fraud (igbo)

Frank ‘Fizzy’ Onyeachonam £30m fraud scammed foreign pensioner of their life saving (igbo)

But hushpuppi dwarfed all these names u mentioned above in fraud?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 4:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Less than 5 states can actually repay these debts. Imagine states like Abia with a massive debt profile with nothing to show for it yet Uzor Kalu and T. Orji are both walking free and still being paid taxpayers money as Senators.
Nigeria no get hope.
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Enugupikin: 4:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
you nyamiris re part of the economic migrants that the debts cater for.
Afonjaas debt is inside the stomach of Tinubu tongue
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Apologize(m): 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
CODEIN:

WTF shocked shocked shocked

Where did you get those info from bro ?

From the web. FBI published the names during invictus obi case
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by ORIENTATION101: 4:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
osazsky:
if u have d capacity pay now...or u don't know the consequences of servicing debt in economics..na wah o...servicing debt is not a good thing..it has d capacity to kill an idea ,biz,state and even an entire country grow up
servicing debt is normal, lagos generates more than it recieves from FG.

America is the number 1 debtor of the world it doesnt stop their economy from growing
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by farem: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
Deebwebb:
As usual Lagos state leads in anything bad,Tinubu has rendered Lagos useless no wonder aworis are crying that they are not yorubas and that yorubas should leave lagos for them.I just wonder how Yoruba's love and take a criminal like tinubu as a godfather, a yoruba Muslim ones told me that Tinubu is his role model shocked..
Imagine how Yoruba's has turned lagos to another slum like Ogun state

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by osazsky(m): 4:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
servicing debt is normal, lagos generates more than it recieves from FG.
U
America is the number 1 debtor of the world it doesnt stop their economy from growing
100 percent of America debt is gotten from moneys sent to Africans as aids..they don't borrow money to pay salaries or tar roads. It's a stable economy with high standard of living.and compared to what they earn.their debt to revenue ratio is less than 5 percent...now u dey compare am with state that has a debt revenue ratio of 95 percent..where governors borrow money just to loot the borrowed money..if u can't see that this is a wrong path then u cant see anything not even ur nicked wife I am certain...na so venezuala take start..now panadol cost 5m venezuala dollars.u won't know d implications..only economist will understand

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Philipxxxx0: 4:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
Simplyleo:

at list the guy is better than your president.
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
and you were supporting obaseki!? Lmao.

Even Edo state debts is bigger than anambra plus Edo state received more allocations plus 13% oil money. But not a single infrastructural project in Edo state
And how much of it did Oshiomole incur?
Oh, I guess you are ignorant of that.
Now, go back check what Edo domestic debt profile was as at December 2016; then find out how much this government is using to service it.
I'm not talking about external debt yet.
Then compare the debt profile as at 2016, to 2007 before Oshiomole came to power (with his acclaimed shoring up of IGR to billions); you'll learn not to make naive comments in the future.
And when you say Infrastructure; besides roads, building and revamping of government institutions; have you been to AAU lately?
Please, hide your ignorance. No government is perfect, but I'm certain the worst of Obaseki will be better than the best of Iyamu.
That man has nothing to offer (na this state we dey), besides being a 'federal allocation governor'.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Simplyleo: 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Philipxxxx0:
at list the guy is better than your president.
Really?

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by ApostlePaul14: 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
So Delta state came 3rd owing 230.75bn, we don finish
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by chukswag(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
and you were supporting obaseki!? Lmao.

Even Edo state debts is bigger than anambra plus Edo state received more allocations plus 13% oil money. But not a single infrastructural project in Edo state
PDP collected half of that money..If u know u know
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by MrBONE2(m): 5:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
BeijinDossier:
Biko, what did a useless state like Imo do with 163 billion? Okoroawusa used it to build statues while the entire roads in the state are dilapidated and in shambolic mess cheesy
grin

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by PHAYOL81: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
ebujany:
So non is debt free? Lagos own is outrageous yet they keep making noise
Please do endeavour to check the debt profile of the big cities and /or countries in the world? Infact, check the USA and China. Check New York, London, Berlin. Big cities like big countries do big projects so they are entitled to have big debt against their name. Their names are even enough to get them even more than they owed because creditors are confident on the brands each of them represent.

Exc2000:
cool
Seyi Makinde within a year borrowed over 40billion from UBA and FirstBank at some ridiculously high interest rate
Fantabulous borrower without visible project, only audio projects
Lagos that borrowed 400 billion makes an IGR of 30 billion per month and in a year they can offset their debt, but here in Oyo State it would take 40 years to pay back what Seyi Makinde borrowed within a year, and he still brags he wants to borrow more
Thank you. I just wonder what the Western governors are discussing in their forum. Lagos should be a model for all of them although Lagos itself has a lot to do. Most of the debt incurred by Lagos may likely not be serviced by the pocket of the state because the infrastructures it's building would generate money that would suffice to service/bail it out of the debt overtime. Thta's what they'd done with the Lekki toll bridge; that's what they intend to do with the lightrail too. But for the issue of coprruption we have in this country, Lagos should have erased the shame of flood and bad roads off the list of problems the state is facing. What's stopping the state fixing aquaducts (water evacuators) at strategic areas (if it will be too daring a task to have it connected to all channels) to correct flood especially on the Island for a start? Sometimes, I get very ashamed seeing how bad most of these states are being run; and Lagos itself need to simply up her game a further step.
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Nwakaibey195(m): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
congratulations to Dave umahi of ebonyi state. where are those that say he over borrow to do the work he is doing @ 42.41bn ebonyi is the least in the list. kudos to him
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Nwaonyishi69: 6:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
Godfatherism is under development from looting anywhere.
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by onome2013: 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
Only God will safe this country. Despite the money allocated every month. No road ,no light , no good buildings in the schools etc and etc. When fela was singing all this ,we all concluded that is Indian hemp talk , is it not a confirmed prophecy now Ask yourself o
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by ofiko123(m): 7:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Borrow Borrow Borrow!

Borrowing isn't bad but the money has to be put into very good use to yield dividends and pay off the loan plus interest.

Nigerian governors are highly irresponsible from this statistics.

I am telling you...very irresponsible..
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by omenka(m): 7:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
NGpatriot:

Of course, all the gbese and debts in your village and what your village kerosene leaders did with your humongous debt no matter or concern you, na Lagos own dey pain you as usual.

Igbos are suffering from the Asiwaju Tinubu disease and obsession, an incurable disease.

grin grin

You seem not to be current on issues. They've upgraded from giving them Kerosene to two litres of fuel.�

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Kfed4ril(m): 8:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Seyi Makinde within a year borrowed over 40billion from UBA and FirstBank at some ridiculously high interest rate

Fantabulous borrower without visible project, only audio projects

Lagos that borrowed 400 billion makes an IGR of 30 billion per month and in a year they can offset their debt, but here in Oyo State it would take 40 years to pay back what Seyi Makinde borrowed within a year, and he still brags he wants to borrow more

Ok
What about your man Buhari?
If Lagos could offset their debt within a year why haven’t they done it?
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Exc2000: 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Ok
What about your man Buhari?
If Lagos could offset their debt within a year why haven’t they done it?

Because loans have tenure , terms and agreement
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Hdybysy: 8:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Deebwebb:
we are not Yoruba,we speak aworis,that is similar to egun people,we are not Yoruba. allow us be,we deported you clowns before and we will do it again..aworis is awori,Yoruba is Yoruba stop forcing us.thank you

Lol where do u get DAT from?? DAT aworis owned Lagos, u need to get ur head strength..so are u telling me DAT oba of Lagos is egun?dear u better park ur load and go to Cotonou and stop saying nonsense..
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by LoveMynd44: 8:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
[s]
omenka:
You seem not to be current on issues. They've upgraded from giving them Kerosene to two litres of fuel.�
[/s]
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Kfed4ril(m): 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Exc2000:

Bros whether you want to deny it or not, the truth is that the development in Lagos is not in agreement with the IGR, loans and federal allocation it receives.
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by CODEIN: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
Bekool:

But hushpuppi dwarfed all these names u mentioned above in fraud?
For where, all him exotic cars never reach the cost of the diamond pendant chain tobechi wear to his favourite club in ny. Go do research
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Kfed4ril(m): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2020
Exc2000:

For the fact that there are loan term doesn’t mean I can’t pay up the loan quicker than the term, if I have the money to.
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by OVB123: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
kestor:

And how much of it did Oshiomole incur?
Oh, I guess you are ignorant of that.
Now, go back check what Edo domestic debt profile was as at December 2016; then find out how much this government is using to service it.
I'm not talking about external debt yet.
Then compare the debt profile as at 2016, to 2007 before Oshiomole came to power (with his acclaimed shoring up of IGR to billions); you'll learn not to make naive comments in the future.
And when you say Infrastructure; besides roads, building and revamping of government institutions; have you been to AAU lately?
Please, hide your ignorance. No government is perfect, but I'm certain the worst of Obaseki will be better than the best of Iyamu.
That man has nothing to offer (na this state we dey), besides being a 'federal allocation governor'.
I laugh when some people say that ize iyamu will do better. i may not like obaseki that much but the work he has done so far, i appreciate.
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by earnit2: 9:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by Slimtuns(m): 7:11am On Jul 07, 2020
how ironic! the funds they have looted and still looting are even more than the said debts... yet they still go ahead to obtain loan meant to clear the debts but will channel the loans into their selfish interests! bunch of spiteful swines undecided
Re: Lagos, Rivers Lead As States Domestic Debts Hit N4.1tn by BeijinDossier: 6:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
Where's the useless cursed old man called abagworo? Okoroawusa borrowed 153 billion naira to build statues but bastards like you aren't even coming here to comment. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Postpones Election Indefinitely In 18 Polling Units In Yobe Over Insecurity / 80 Per Cent Of Security Energies Channelled Against Igbo — Intersociety Alleges / Arthur Nzeribe's Sickness: I Guess He'll Now Know That He Is Human After All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.