Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia (5432 Views)

How To Install Google Apps/google Services On Huawei Nova 7i, P40, Mate 40 / Which Good Phone Can I Buy With A Budget Of 25-30 Thousand Naira? / CHECK OUT: 7 Dangerous Apps Google Has Just Removed From Play Store - IMPORTANT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by dahveey(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
I can work as a sales boy or anything. I just need something that will put money in my pocket and food on My table I Am tired of being idle .. please help a friend I can work as a sales boy or anything. I just need something that will put money in my pocket and food on My table I Am tired of being idle .. please help a friend I can work as a sales boy or anything. I just need something that will put money in my pocket and food on My table I Am tired of being idle .. please help a friend
Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by alphaNomega: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2020
Smartgeek:

So this is the image you're redirecting people to your site for?
My hero!
Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by faithfull18(f): 1:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
Data age.
Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by sureteeboy(m): 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2020
emmy512:

Google can't track you without your permission, it's on default on their browsers to track you.
But if you off your location on your phone or disable your browser from tracking your activities it can't do anything.
In such cases your ISP is the culprit.

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-is-probably-tracking-your-location-even-if-you-turn-it-off-says-report/
Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by emmy512: 4:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
sureteeboy:

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-is-probably-tracking-your-location-even-if-you-turn-it-off-says-report/
Of course.
There's more than one way of tracking you so turning of location services won't help all the way.
The location makes use of GPS and BTS, BTS is in the hands of your ISP where a mere triangulation from the isp would pinpoint your location to a radius that's still beneficial to the services being provided by internet giants.

The only location data Google needs for ad services in a country like nigeria is your state, and city and the area usually matters for weather services only which has already been provided by your ISP the moment you use your phone.

As for your online activities it's the way they make money, i mean they are offering you their services for free at least that's what we all think meanwhile there getting data from us that'll be putting money in their pockets forever �.
And funny thing is we can't do anything about it except we want to pay outright for their services like paying to use chrome browser in a subscription based model (who will?)
If we take our time to even read the headings from the terms and conditions we'll realize we gave them permission to use it.

But from the thread google shouldn't be our problem cos we know what they use our data for. But this other small small apps that pop in and out of the store are the issue.
There was a time last year i i needed 17k urgently and i couldn't ask someone for it so i registered on Branch loans, i was able to get 15k which was prolly because of my other transactions on my bank. I registered with my number and after paying them, i started receiving scam phone calls wich wasn't from the real branch number asking me to confirm my details.
How did they get my number and knew i used branch if not for the data only they know how they got it.
Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by Corroro: 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nice list, that's why I only download apps from my play store on my Camon device, I also make sure it is verified by play protect
Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by Flytime: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2020
Neoguru6:
Opera mini and chrome are also involved in this. You search for a product or service on google using these apps and Ads about that product start pouring in.
that's different you can turn it off if you want just go to your phone settings and manage your Google account
It's personalized ads
It only shows if you sign in to apps including browsers with your Google account and personalized ads is turned on for your Google account.

dangoteinlaw

Ok. let's say google or your phone brand steals all your data. And then what? You think they will steal your money? It's waaaay too big to try and do that. Especially since it surely works with the usa gov.They wouldn't be allowed to actually steal all your data. Ok. all your data is in their database. So what?

1 Like

Re: List Of 25 Apps Google Removed From The Play Store For Stealing Users’ Credentia by masterP042(m): 7:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
alramon:
@Righteousness89 may come here now and start saying the own of the removed app should start praying to God for restoration of their apps

angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proxifier Blocked / Create Nokia Themes (.nth) On Your Phone For Free / 2go With Your Blackberry Torch Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.