Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,367 members, 7,829,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

FG Selects London Stock Market For 1st Sovereign Debt Issue $500 Million Dollars - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / FG Selects London Stock Market For 1st Sovereign Debt Issue $500 Million Dollars (686 Views)

Investors Shun Nigeria’s $500 Million Eurobond / Gt Bank: Gdr Listing On The London Stock Exchange / First Bank, Zenith, Uba, 7 Others For London Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FG Selects London Stock Market For 1st Sovereign Debt Issue $500 Million Dollars by DeeJay20: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2011
Quote from: DeeJay20 on January 24, 2011, 10:47 AM
from post - Re: Investors Shun Nigeria’s $500 Million Eurobond

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=590109.msg7591643#msg7591643

Too many people just dont get it,

1st Question they should ask is why the Govt is going to London Via Brussels
to Raise $500 Million dollars, for what purpose, ?

And all you ITK's chatting rubbish should close your mouths,

Well Well Well! i gues the apples do not fall too far from the tree
A leopard can not change his spots, its the same charade being played
out again.

Most of you were thinking i was chatting "crap" when i said
that Mr Olusegun Aganga (we worked for the same company - Goldman sachs)
was just trying to cut his former employees in on the Nigerian National
cake.

Well this news article confirms it, I am not really happy or feel
vindicated as this is just sad that this dude (Aganga) is being
influenced to issue this Euro-bond via the City of London (London Stock exchange)

I knew he was going to place this Bond-Issue in London and make his
former our fomer Employee's (G.S) the Lead Advisor/Under-writters of this Bond.

I guess JPM (J P Morgan), Pimco and the other crew are not too far behind,

Naija we hail thee!!!

FG selects London Stock Exchange for First Sovereign debt issue

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The nation's first sovereign debt issue was on Monday admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (LSE)'s Main Market following its choice by the Federal Government.

Source - http://odili.net/news/source/2011/feb/1/617.html
Re: FG Selects London Stock Market For 1st Sovereign Debt Issue $500 Million Dollars by MaJBlige(f): 12:42pm On Feb 02, 2011
I really like to blow my own trumpet - please someone should give it to me.

Yea yea yea- London or anywhere else. London Stock Exchange is the world's top financial centre. Where else will it be?

(1) (Reply)

My Stock Broker Is Bad, Share It With Us. / Freight Forwarding Services At Cheap Rates!!!!!!! / Credible Stock Broker Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.