Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,463 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Critique: M.I 2 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Critique: M.I 2 (4108 Views)

Chocolate City Movies Presents The M.i. 2 Prelude (animation) / Eldee Recommends: M.i:2 . . . $4.99, £3:20 On Mytruspot / Jude ‘m.i.’ Abaga To Release M.i.2. Movie And Soundtrack Album. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critique: M.I 2 by Chuks84(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2011
I finally listened to all the tracks on M.I's new album and felt the need to drop my thoughts. Here's my track by track review of the album.

The PRELUDE: I guessed it was supposed to be funny but sounded kinda silly to me, way too long. For an intro it was disappointing

Track 1: Action Film with Brym O. I loved it, Brym O can do no wrong, was on point with the hook, M.I's delivery was good too. The production was flawless. One of the best songs on the album.

Track 2: Slow Down with Julius Ceaser. Nice one. The production sounds suspiciously like that of Oleku. Nonetheless, it was good. Btw why would an artiste name himself Julius Ceasar

Track 3: Number One with Flavour. Need I say more? This track is fast becoming a national anthem. Most people would say this was their favorite track off the album. It appeals to virtually everyone even dem villagers who don't know what rap is. Kudos should go to Flavour. His hook made the track.

Track 4: Anybody with Timaya and Loose Kaynon.  With Timaya on this one, you can already guess what the track is about,  ranting about enemies and how he made it despite the odds. That being said, the track is not bad, but its kinda average at best, even loose kaynon's verse was mediocre.

Track 5: Nobody with Tuface. My best track. Tuface delivers as always. M.I's flow was on point.

Track 6: Beef. A track for all his beefers. Kelly hansome in particular.

Track 7: Wild Wild West. M.I talks about Jos and its numerous problems. Don't have much to say about it.

Track 8: My head, My belle. I don't really like this. M.I sings about the hardship most Nigerians experience. I think he should stick to his rapping. The production is sub-par.

Track 9: One Naira. Whether na one naira, whether na one million, baby you gat me Nice love song, M.I and Waje combine beautifully on this.

Track 10: Craze. I hate this song with a passion. Everything about it was wrong. The hook would appeal to only agberos. The production is zero, If you can get past all this, the lyrics actually make sense.

Track 11: Undisputed. I was actually disappointed with this. Going by the title, I was expecting to hear something hardcore not his usual choco loco rapping with mellow beats.

Track 12: Epic with Praise. I love the concert feel of this song. This guy called praise is good. Nice chorus. M.I's flow was on point.

Track 13: Imperfect me. I think this is one the best tracks on this album, M.I admits to his imperfections. which is hard for anyone to do, he even brought friends to talk about what they hate most about his behaviour. It amazing how many times the word selfish came up in relation to him.

Track 14: Represent with Choc Boys. The hook for this was kinda dry but Jagz, Ice and M.I didn't fail to live up. Kinda average sha compared to Nobody Test Me.

Track 15: Unstoppable. Mellow tune,  Like most of the tracks on this album, was below par. M.I came off sounding like a chewing gum rapper. He was rapping about how unstoppable he was but the whole thing sounded like a love song instead.

Track 16: No man can curse. who God has blessed o, no one can curse o, Now this is more like it! correct instrumentals, M.I was on fire, so was Khalil!

Summary: Anyone who listened to M.I's first album would agree with me that this effort didn't even come close in comparison. The production on most of the tracks were plain mediocre, made me wonder if Jesse Jags produced any of the song at all. That being said, I think this album will appeal to a larger audience than that of the first because there seems to be something for almost everyone here. The album was too commercial for my liking. M.I will lose most of his hardcore rap fans on this.  My rating? 3/5. Just my opinion sha.
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by yoji: 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2011
U try. But trust me it'l grow on u more with time. Pple gotta realise that d circumstances preceedin talk about it differ from mi2 and as such he did a damn good job wit d sumtin for everyone approach.

Awards everywhere in d bunker, -mi
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by dammiecool(m): 8:36am On Feb 03, 2011
That being said, I think this album will appeal to a larger audience than that of the first because there seems to be something for almost everyone here.

target meet cool

The album was too commercial for my liking.[b] M.I will lose most of his hardcore rap fans [/b]on this. My rating? 3/5. Just my opinion sha.

awon melo let dem listen 2 mode ix
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by 04kaa: 9:21am On Feb 03, 2011
@CHUKS
DO U EVEN understand the  meaning of the word ''critique''?? grin grin
and u said nofing about ''no one can curse'' why? lipsrsealed

Chuks:

The hook would appeal to only agberos. The production is zero
Track 8: My head, My belle. I don't really like this I think he should stick to his rapping. The production is sub-par.
Track 10: Craze.I hate this song with a passion. Everything about it was wrong
Track 11: Undisputed. I was actually disappointed with this. Going by the title
Track 11: Undisputed I was expecting to hear something hardcore not his usual choco loco rapping with mellow beats.

Track 15: Unstoppable. Mellow tune,  Like most of the tracks on this album, was below par. M.I came off sounding like a chewing gum rapper. He was rapping about how unstoppable he was but the whole thing sounded like a love song instead

M.I will lose most of his hardcore rap fans on this
MI is in the game for the money, u need to understand that clearly first, u think say Mi come sell groundnut for lagos?? grin

then everything u said about production is totally wrong, cuz the production was very superb, the only thing is that MI2 was not creative ,partially wack cuz  he did more singing than rappin.  he will definitely need to work harder in MI3 cuz most people are already dissappointed. especially his hardcore rap fans.  but whatever happens Mi will always win cuz he has a strong brand already. 

he is already sounding monotonous wit his rap , but to be honest rapping is not actually easy. u need to try rapping to understand and appreciate what MI does. u think say na beans to rap? grin
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by Chuks84(m): 12:18pm On Feb 03, 2011
04kaa:

@CHUKS
DO U EVEN understand the  meaning of the word ''critique''?? grin grin
and u said nofing about ''no one can curse'' why? lipsrsealed

MI is in the game for the money, u need to understand that clearly first, u think say Mi come sell groundnut for lagos?? grin

then everything u said about production is totally wrong, cuz the production was very superb, the only thing is that MI2 was not creative ,partially wack cuz  he did more singing than rappin.  he will definitely need to work harder in MI3 cuz most people are already dissappointed. especially his hardcore rap fans.  but whatever happens Mi will always win cuz he has a strong brand already. 

he is already sounding monotonous wit his rap , but to be honest rapping is not actually easy. u need to try rapping to understand and appreciate what MI does. u think say na beans to rap? grin
Abeg what is critique? its a review of somebody's work with comments on its good and bad qualities. I don't see how that differs from what i did here. Pls nobody should ask me that question again.

Sorry, No one can curse was not in my album o! hmmm, alaba bois!
well, like i said at the end, this is jst my opinion, and i was not impressed with most of the production.
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by 04kaa: 3:22pm On Feb 03, 2011
Chuks84:

Abeg what is critique? its a review of somebody's work with comments on its good and bad qualities. I don't see how that differs from what i did here. Pls nobody should ask me that question again.

Sorry, No one can curse was not in my album o! hmmm, alaba bois!
well, like i said at the end, this is jst my opinion, and i was not impressed with most of the production.

what do u mean by no one can curse was not in ur version, did u buy the pirated version, and i will still ask u question o
like i told u the production was not the problem , it was the lack of creativity and the lightweight /weak lyrics, mi is still hot no matter what
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by Chuks84(m): 4:25pm On Feb 03, 2011
Ok i listened to no one can curse, its an online bonus that's why it was not on my album, you probably bought yours online.
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by tosinaded(m): 4:26pm On Feb 03, 2011
ofoka no sabi the meaning of critique shocked M.ba holder . . smh
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 5:58pm On Feb 03, 2011
o4kaa:
like i told u the production was not the problem , it was the lack of  creativity and the lightweight /weak lyrics, mi is still hot no matter what

Lack of creativity, light weight/weak lyrics and MI is still hot? undecided

Bros, aren't you contradicting yourself? sad grin
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by bjmighty(m): 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2011
tosinaded@:

ofoka no sabi the meaning of critique shocked M.ba holder . . smh

heheheh grin grin grin
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by meplus: 6:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
If i catch M.I anywhere i'll collect ma 150 back, jeez!
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by yungblurd(m): 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
critique abi wetin you call yourself,all your per track review are whack,abeg shut up ur mouth if you no fit anallize,instead of you goiing by other peoples opinion.listen to the album well before reviewing it and clean your ear with cotton bud or if you no dey satisfied carry pencil write ur own raps upload am online make we see how whack ur track be>ooshi grin
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by Chuks84(m): 9:42pm On Feb 03, 2011
yung blurd:

critique abi wetin you call yourself,all your per track review are whack,abeg shut up your mouth if you no fit anallize,instead of you goiing by other peoples opinion.listen to the album well before reviewing it and clean your ear with cotton bud or if you no dey satisfied carry pencil write your own raps upload am online make we see how whack your track be>ooshi grin

I guess you are happy with your self huh? You've only succeeded in showing us the extent of your parents failure in training you. One would think you were the offspring of a skunk and parrot.
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by yungblurd(m): 9:06pm On Feb 04, 2011
shocked ah sorry sir wetin bring ma parents enter this now anyn how sha God go forgive you shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by Chuks84(m): 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2011
yung blurd:

shocked ah sorry sir wetin bring ma parents enter this now anyn how sha God go forgive you shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I'm sorry if you felt I insulted your folks. but please next time try to be objective when commenting on a thread, I was just expressing my opinion, you didn't have to start hurling insults at me just because you don't like my post.
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by Mobinga: 2:09am On Feb 05, 2011
loooooooooooooooool!!!!

shey you go rest ? as dem don curse ya papa grin
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by Idowuogbo(f): 2:14am On Feb 05, 2011
Chuks84:

I guess you are happy with your self huh? You've only succeeded in showing us the extent of your parents failure in training you. One would think you were the offspring of a skunk and parrot.
yeah mogbe , ossanobua
combattt , u don ehonda dis guy ooooo, adoyuken
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by rapjunkie(m): 2:18am On Feb 05, 2011
what makes me laugh is that MI delivered another classic album. . . that's the truth. . . .name another rapper who delivered an album as good as this one in 2010

Names. . . . .irony. . . .  AQ. . . . anybody?
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by rapjunkie(m): 2:18am On Feb 05, 2011
apart from modenine tongue
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by lawyerchap(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2011
@Chuks84
Dude, sometimes maintaining your musical credibility requires exercising restraint in publishing your opinions. Craze obviously flew over your head and there is no way anyone can explain the concept to you. that track was a work of art, from the lyrics to the delivery to that hook (which was the very embodiment of craze) it all fitted together to paint a holistic picture of what the artiste was trying to convey. sadly you somehow missed it. Pity.

@rap junkie
I'm laughing with you bruv. That album is simply classic.
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by DBR: 8:50am On Feb 07, 2011
M.i2 is an ok , no, a good album. .
but classic? hell-freakin-noooooo!!!
I'v even played more of TAI since Mi2 came out.

oNe
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by zeeko: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2011
Upload and download unlimited Naija songs FREE on Entertainment, Media Files Section of http://www.ForumCitizens.com (Proudly Naija!) , Forum just got Revolutionalized!
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by tical(m): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2011
Almost Every single track on MI2 is average wch automatically makes it an average album. .If It were an outstanding piece lyk the TAI album, we wont be here argueing over this. .WE ALL LOVE MI. .the truth is bitter but it must be told. .the album sounded lyk a movie soundtrack wiv no hip hop feel *except 4 a couple of joints*. .radio DJs kip promoting the album,even wit no big defined hit. .so much unnecessary hype when there are far better albums to be played 4rm Ruggedman,Terry tha rapman nd Overdose. Urnestly,Am dissapointed @ this album coming 4rm som1 dat calls himself ''african rapper number 1'' grin grin grin grin Rite nw,am just anticipating Illegal Music 2 mixtape to actually convince me abt MI's skill on d microphono grin grin grin grin
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by larablog: 1:15am On Feb 08, 2011
The album wasn't bad in fact some songs are really good in my opinion.
There are like seven good songs in the album and they where above average.
The rest doesn't interest me. My favourite tracks are
Action film, nobody, slowdown, number one and my head my belle,one naira
I think the rapping is really good but not hardcore, I don't like hardcore rap anyway. In fact I prefer this album to TAI (I know people will murder me for that)but that's my opinion, I relate to it more.
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by 04kaa: 10:32am On Feb 08, 2011
larablog:

I think the rapping is really good but not hardcore, I don't like hardcore rap anyway. In fact I prefer this album to TAI (I know people will murder me for that)but that's my opinion, I relate to it more.

of course it would be ur opinion, especially when ur name is lara cheesy
Re: Critique: M.I 2 by jojothaiv(m): 10:32am On Aug 22, 2017
rapjunkie:
what makes me laugh is that MI delivered another classic album. . . that's the truth. . . .name another rapper who delivered an album as good as this one in 2010

Names. . . . .irony. . . .  AQ. . . . anybody?
Boogey nko!

(1) (Reply)

Top10 Hottest Nigerian Club Bangers Of All Time / Ice Boxx – Calabar Swag Ft. Teego / Ajebo Hustlers Ft Davido – Barawo (remix) Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.