Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks (28701 Views)

Police Confirms Promotion Of Magu, 5 Others As AIG / Prophet Omale Denies Buying Property In Dubai For N57M On Behalf Of Magu / Ayo Olowonihi: My Travails In The Hands Of Magu - EFCC Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Nobody: 3:19am On Jul 07, 2020
Bishop Seun Adeoye, the Lead Bishop of the Worldwide Anglican Church in Nigeria, has reacted to the arrest of the Acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, by the Directorate of State Security as a development that confirmed his statement on Sunday that Nigeria was horribly stinking of corrupt practices under the present administration.

The cleric, who also doubled as the spokesperson for World Bishops Council (WBC), Africa in a statement in Osogbo, Osun State, explained that within seven days he issued two releases about the unhelpfulness of EFCC in a petition of alleged $7.5m fraud discovered at Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation.

He said, “Just last Sunday, I signed a statement titled ‘Let’s weep for Nigeria’ and I lamented that efforts by some few courageous Nigerians to help in the fight against corruption in the country were not being encouraged as anti-grafts bodies’ activities, in particular the EFCC revealed to be slow and selective.

“I have earlier in a statement on behalf of The Lightbearers on July 2nd told the world and indeed President Muhammadu Buhari that his government’s fight against corruption was being held down by some powerful individuals in Nigeria and I cited a case of a fresh fraud running to $7.5 million about N2.7 billion in NNPC.

This case was straightforward but Magu’s EFCC just turned deaf ears to the matter. A whistleblower, one Alhaji Ibrahim Farouk gave details of how an alleged monumental insurance fraud on the 2020/2021 NNPC insurance renewals was perpetrated.

“He sent his petition to Magu. He gave a detailed account of how the premium for the insurance of corporation for the 2020/2021 was inflated by over 20 percent of the original figure and how the brokers to the business during a meeting held early February this year in London raised objection and pointed out the discrepancy which amounted to about $7.5m.

“Farouk disclosed that the brokers insisted that the action was not right and it was done at the expense of NNPC but back in Nigeria, the insurers and the management of NNPC signed off the documents with the inflated premium. This is just of many other petitions left unattended to.”

The cleric said God was now furious with all Nigerian commonwealth thieves and those who compromised with them as more heads would roll, while adding that no matter how powerful those stealing the nation’s public funds are, they will be caught, punished and put to shame.

According to him, God cannot be pleased seeing majority of Nigerians wallowing in abject poverty while some few individuals will covet what belong to all and “now that Magu is gone, I sincerely hope that not only the NNPC petitions will be looked into, other petitions lying in his office will be investigated as well”.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/07/06/arrest-magu-confirms-nigeria-stinks-says-anglican-bishop-adeoye

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by adenigga(m): 3:24am On Jul 07, 2020
Am I dreaming? FTC. for the first time!

Magu Na Scammer!!!!

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by eleko1: 3:39am On Jul 07, 2020
sad No! Malami is sick upstairs.
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Blueorb: 3:42am On Jul 07, 2020
Too early
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by hotseat: 4:10am On Jul 07, 2020
Let's keep watching as the plot thickens!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by punisha: 4:11am On Jul 07, 2020
Politics is indeed a dirty game.

Saraki will be laughing wherever he is.

Magu is definitely a means to an end. Just a sacrificial pawn. In the coming days, we'd see who it is malami is after that Magu has been shielding.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by donpapa(m): 4:21am On Jul 07, 2020
That’s no longer news undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by marshalcarter: 4:50am On Jul 07, 2020
Nigeria no kuku balance naaa
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by estyvino(m): 5:51am On Jul 07, 2020
Weyting the article talk?
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by allthingsgood: 6:01am On Jul 07, 2020
Careful where u throw stones my dear bishop

If u check well even that your church building was built with corruption money. Your tithes and offerings na corruption money. To name but a few

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 07, 2020
estyvino:
Weyting the article talk?
Fraud running to $7.5 million about N2.7 billion in NNPC ignored by EFCC.Despite a whistleblower,Alhaji Ibrahim Farouk, giving details of how an alleged monumental insurance fraud on the 2020/2021 NNPC insurance renewals was perpetrated.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Asabe4(f): 6:14am On Jul 07, 2020
I thought we all knew!!! We didn't need new dramas to confirm that.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 07, 2020
Noted Your lordship.....

You said it all...

These are the real Christians in yorubaland

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Racoon(m): 7:28am On Jul 07, 2020
The selective or lopsided anti-corruption fight by this govt under the Ibrahim Magu-led EFCC is the worst ever seen & biggest undoing of this APC government.Imagine the national & international embarrassment this ugly scandal is costing Nigeria now.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Lanretoye(m): 7:32am On Jul 07, 2020
adenigga:
Am I dreaming? FTC. for the first time!

Magu Na Scammer!!!!
pray to build a flat in FCT instead castle in FTC

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Kissiemu(m): 7:46am On Jul 07, 2020
Nna men!

Who told Bishop that Magu was arrested?

Nna men!

Which one is Leading Bishop in Anglican Church?

Nna men!
Let me run to Saint Peter's Anglican Church Ojo, Alaba n tell ukochukwu.

What can a niggah do?

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by datola: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2020
It also confirms Buhari is either confused or he's for nobody/somebody.

Saraki's last Senate was on point after all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Simplyleo: 9:23am On Jul 07, 2020
Your position is not very clear sir.

The headline suggests you were not happy with what is happening to Magu.

But the narrative suggests Magu is not straightforward.

So what are you saying?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Wuuworld(m): 9:23am On Jul 07, 2020
The earth can no longer stomach the wickedness of Nigeria leaders.

Bunch of heartless criminals..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by EngineerBode: 9:23am On Jul 07, 2020
Is he just finding out?
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by temptnow: 9:23am On Jul 07, 2020
Magu is a thief

1 Like

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Zico5(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2020
Magu mugu. He has seen how Buhari is diverting the looted funds there by strategizing on how to cut his share. God punish all of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by flokii: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2020
I guess you are just waking up..

There is rot everywhere including your churches, mosques etc.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Darkharvest: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2020
B4 nko?
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Latidoh1: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2020
Of course. Nigeria dey gba
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2020
That's a known fact.
Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2020
EFCC that are expected to fight corruption are assisting corruption in various ways. If you are rich through fraud and corruption, they fight you by taking a sizable share of what you stole. What happens to you next is decided by a court that is not independent. If you are not rich and labelled a suspected Yahoo boy or a first timer, you enter wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Seun Adeoye: Arrest Of Magu Confirms Nigeria Stinks by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:25am On Jul 07, 2020
Igbo presidency is a way out for now..

Hit like if you are with me

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Bill Gates Visits Kaduna State / Governor Bagudu With Car-Maker, Muzzamil Umar (Photos) / A Man Narrates How Apc Thugs Bullied Everyone At His Polling Unit To Vote Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.