Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / . (754 Views)

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / E-logistics Firm, Kobo360 Raises $30 Million / My terrible experience with skrill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Jahda(f): 8:43am On Jul 07, 2020
Re: . by olu122: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2020
Jahda:
Do not be carried away by people who seemingly sound 'nice' or 'well-mannered' on the phone. Most of that is just a basic social skill used to interface with the customer and does not in anyway portray the true character of the person.

'Buyer Beware' is a popular caveat used to warn buyers of the risk of getting into a transaction and that is the essence of this post. To warn unsuspecting victims of what they stand the risk of experiencing with ONE LOGISTICS Company, run by a certain Omure and situated in Lagos State.

My First unfortunate experience with them was when I made prior arrangements a day before for them to deliver an item to a customer the next day. The package was not delivered that day and it cost me a Sale, and not just that, I had to spend close to 10,000 naira to reroute those packages.

This wasn't even what got me really upset. It was the fact that the woman who runs said company neither offered an apology nor acknowledged responsibility for not delivering a service I'd already paid for, thus costing me money.

I decided to look past it as at the time I considered it trivial and one of the downsides of doing business until it happened again. This time she was to drop off a package with a customer which was a Payment on delivery service. Prior to that, she had told me she didn't offer payment on delivery and I requested for a location so that I would send another logistics service who offered the option of accepting payment on delivery to pick it up. But then she said she was going to do the drop-off.

Then I instructed her not to hand over the package until I confirmed receipt of payment. I overemphasized this particular instruction on the phone, via text and even via voice-note on Whatsapp. She acknowledged that she got the message and assured me that she would do just that. She also insisted I paid before the delivery which was unusual but which I did.

I waited all day but I never heard from them. Only for me to call later that evening to ask if the delivery had been made and she said yes. I was surprised because I never got any call to confirm payment neither did I receive a credit alert. I called the Customer who then told me that he had returned the item.

They not only handed over my package to the customer without payment but allowed him to open the package, do whatever he pleased with it and return.
The woman never apologized to me for what happened but just like the first time she was very determined to shift blame from herself. Not only that, she ignored subsequent messages on whatsapp and when I asked for pictures so I could ascertain the state of the item and the packaging itself, she sent me a picture that desperately tried to hide the terrible state of the packaging. The pack had been compressed and was now looking rough from over-handling.

The worst part was she never apologized and just ignored my messages. It's apparent that this company has a TERRIBLE after-sale Customer service which is a very important part of any business especially in the event that something goes wrong.
I'm posting this so as to warn other members of the public to use their services at your own risk and annoyance.
Company Name?

1 Like

Re: . by JeffreyD1(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2020
Sorry about your experience
Kindly look for another logistics company

Some other people might be enjoying their services though
Re: . by musabayokanu: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2020
What's the point of writing this Useless epistle when you won't mention the name of the company for people to start away.

You self have your own problem. I'm sure if you mention the company name she will come up with her own part of the story then we will know who is wrong or right.

As for now, you don't have case until you mention her name....
This case is hereby dismissed and the complainant is hereby sent to 7days Isolation.

Jahda:
Do not be carried away by people who seemingly sound 'nice' or 'well-mannered' on the phone. Most of that is just a basic social skill used to interface with the customer and does not in anyway portray the true character of the person.

'Buyer Beware' is a popular caveat used to warn buyers of the risk of getting into a transaction and that is the essence of this post. To warn unsuspecting victims of what they stand the risk of experiencing with ONE LOGISTICS Company, run by a certain Omure and situated in Lagos State.

My First unfortunate experience with them was when I made prior arrangements a day before for them to deliver an item to a customer the next day. The package was not delivered that day and it cost me a Sale, and not just that, I had to spend close to 10,000 naira to reroute those packages.

This wasn't even what got me really upset. It was the fact that the woman who runs said company neither offered an apology nor acknowledged responsibility for not delivering a service I'd already paid for, thus costing me money.

I decided to look past it as at the time I considered it trivial and one of the downsides of doing business until it happened again. This time she was to drop off a package with a customer which was a Payment on delivery service. Prior to that, she had told me she didn't offer payment on delivery and I requested for a location so that I would send another logistics service who offered the option of accepting payment on delivery to pick it up. But then she said she was going to do the drop-off.

Then I instructed her not to hand over the package until I confirmed receipt of payment. I overemphasized this particular instruction on the phone, via text and even via voice-note on Whatsapp. She acknowledged that she got the message and assured me that she would do just that. She also insisted I paid before the delivery which was unusual but which I did.

I waited all day but I never heard from them. Only for me to call later that evening to ask if the delivery had been made and she said yes. I was surprised because I never got any call to confirm payment neither did I receive a credit alert. I called the Customer who then told me that he had returned the item.

They not only handed over my package to the customer without payment but allowed him to open the package, do whatever he pleased with it and return.
The woman never apologized to me for what happened but just like the first time she was very determined to shift blame from herself. Not only that, she ignored subsequent messages on whatsapp and when I asked for pictures so I could ascertain the state of the item and the packaging itself, she sent me a picture that desperately tried to hide the terrible state of the packaging. The pack had been compressed and was now looking rough from over-handling.

The worst part was she never apologized and just ignored my messages. It's apparent that this company has a TERRIBLE after-sale Customer service which is a very important part of any business especially in the event that something goes wrong.
I'm posting this so as to warn other members of the public to use their services at your own risk and annoyance.

1 Like

Re: . by Jahda(f): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
musabayokanu:
What's the point of writing this Useless epistle when you won't mention the name of the company for people to start away.

You self have your own problem. I'm sure if you mention the company name she will come up with her own part of the story then we will know who is wrong or right.

As for now, you don't have case until you mention her name....
This case is hereby dismissed and the complainant is hereby sent to 7days Isolation.

I mentioned the name of the company. It was on all CAPS on the Heading but instead of you to patiently read so you can understand you quickly rushed to reply me and displayed your stupidity.
Re: . by Jahda(f): 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2020

(1) (Reply)

What Business A Nigerian Can Easily Start In Dubai? / Checkout This Online Business I Am Doing: I Only Used ₦1,500 See My Live Profits / My Secrets Of Wealth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.