Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,241 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

We Are Going Higher: Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Are Going Higher: Prayer (133 Views)

Seeds Of Destiny 8 January 2023 – Going Higher In Life / [sermon]: Going Higher (part 41) – Pastor E.A Adeboye / Going Higher; Repair Your Altar – Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Are Going Higher: Prayer by kpakpandoN(m): 9:02am On Jul 07, 2020
Prayer is another part of the Christian life that is fast becoming unpopular, but its power has not reduced one bit. When I was a lecturer in the University of Ilorin, my Father-in-the-Lord – Pa Josiah Akindayomi came on a visit and passed the night in my house. Before I went to bed, he was praying; when I woke to ease myself in the middle of the night. He was still praying. Worried, I asked him the next morning what was wrong. He responded that I would understand soon. He passed on and I became the General Overseer of the Church; with the enormity of the task I faced, I started praying all night also. The country needs prayers so that ungodly policies will not stand; you need prayers so that you don’t fall for the tricks of the devil in these end times. Your children need prayers against the perverseness of this generation.

The Devil knows that if he can attack a Christian’s prayer life, then he can get that fellow. That is why he brings all sorts of distractions to take your mind off prayers. Your work, family responsibilities, social media, television and even church activities are all things that he ensures take your time such that you have little time left for prayers. I pray for you: Your prayer altar will receive fire in the mighty name of Jesus.

Many of the struggles that we experience today would not even have existed if only we prayed. You can move mountains and change seasons with your prayer. You are only short-changing yourself when you don’t pray. James 5:16 says:
“…The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.”

1 John 5:14 says:
“And this the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us.”

Seeing all these promises in the ever-true word of God, you know that prayer can solve many of those issues that have lingered too long. As a Christian, you should pray at all times (1st Thessalonians5:17).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.
Re: We Are Going Higher: Prayer by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 07, 2020
So true.

A prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian.

We need more grace and revival in our prayer lives.

Thanks Op for sharing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Preachers Of Hell Are Soul Lovers. / Understanding God - Pastor Adeboye / Hello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.