Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,808 members, 7,831,639 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

System Reboots - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / System Reboots (818 Views)

Help My Laptop Reboots With Any Movement On It. / Portable CD ROM Not Detect Until PC Reboots / System Reboots At Time Interval Win Xp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Reboots by merlin(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2007
Hey guys, pls can someone help? I dont know why my system just reboots on its own and sometimes, my internet explorer generates some error codes ane goes off too.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: System Reboots by Maleeq(m): 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2007
You gave barely enough information for anyone to help you out. There could be a 1000+ reasons why the system reboots. It could range from software(viruses too), to hardware problems(power surge).

And you stated that IE generates error codes, what codes? (Copy and paste the error codes on this thread). and what goes off? The IE or the system
Re: System Reboots by merlin(m): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2007
hi, guess i will have to get the error code for the IE next time and post it. Also, i sent the reboot error report to microsoft and it said something about the RAM. dont know what it really is. Actually, both go off too.

I am very gratefull for your help Maleeq. embarassed
Re: System Reboots by Maleeq(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2007
No wahala.
So, did microsoft offer a solution to it? Or do you simply change the RAM?
Re: System Reboots by drklump(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2007
I suspect that you might be having an infection of a virus called Brontok. It replicates itself in folders and has the habit of rebooting your system. Open taskmanager on your pc and look at the process running.

Look to see if there is LSASS. I suspect you are going to find two of such processes. One will be run by the user system. THe other by the currently logged on user.

Any attempt to kill the process will get your system re-booted.

The solution is to download process explorer for windows and run it. That will help you shut down the virus for the session.

You then run your most updated anti-virus to clean it out.

Good luck to you
Re: System Reboots by tunscolo(m): 2:12pm On Jun 15, 2007
Hi Man, U said ur computer keeps on rebooting on its own. Maybe it is growing crazy and does not like you again. First thing to do;
Scan thoroughly for viruses, backup important documents. Also note the software you installed last, if u remember it, uninstall it. There is a software compatibility error I think.
If that does not take care of the problem, Man do what is called Formatting.

Reply.
Re: System Reboots by atams(m): 10:35am On Jun 19, 2007
@DR KLUMP

Hello, I have similar prob of sytem reboot though mine is very minimal as in, it hardly hapuns.

Just checked my task procceses and saw that lsass u toked of, but mine is just one and used by system. Could there be any effect to this.
Re: System Reboots by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 19, 2007
does the system reboot, or does it shut down?
if it shuts down, then it may be that your processor is overheating.
this is especially true if the shutdowns occur when you're playing games.
if thats the case, you may need to check your fan.

kaspersky /avast should clean out brontok(if thats what is is)

hope this helps

(1) (Reply)

How Many File Extension Related Errors Does Your Computer Have? / Help O / Laptop Users Please Help! Which Is The Best & Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.