Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? (441 Views)

Pastor Obinim ‘Delivers’ Small Boy Who Says He Gets Sexual Feelings For Women / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night / Is It Only Africans That Believe In The Existence Of Ghosts And Witches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Petrall: 11:31am On Jul 07, 2020
To start with Most of the books I have read on deliverance came from America. Demons are all over the world . Watch the clip below and see how a Nigerian Pastor casts demon out from a white man in Australia via internet.

Fast forward to 3:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzvPGfpcDQ4
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by hakeem4(m): 1:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
Only religious people suffer from demonic oppression.

I’ve never seen devil attack non believers

2 Likes

Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Standing5(m): 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
^^^@hakeem4, Go to Kano or Jos and as about iska.
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by hakeem4(m): 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
Standing5:
^^^@hakeem4, Go to Kano or Jos and as about iska.
my own is that why don’t demons attack non believers
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Petrall: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
hakeem4:
Only religious people suffer from demonic oppression.

I’ve never seen devil attack non believers

It has moved from African to religious now.

But I tell you . Every non believer has demons . They are so open to demonization without restrain . Na satan get them

Ephesians 2:2
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Firstly it is unhelpful to cast devils out of non Christians because it will come back. Except you get them saved immediately.
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
The demons that were cast out by Jesus Christ in the gospels were described as causing harm to those infected. undecided
The supposed "demon" inside of this man however looks like it took great care of the man in question. Not only does the man look pretty healthy for one who is supposedly "infected", he also seems to be doing well for himself. The demon even knows how to log on to a computer, using the internet to connect with this pastor. Which kin "demon" we go say that one be now? undecided

Mark 5 vs 2-5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. And when Jesus[b] had stepped out of the boat, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit.
3. He lived among the tombs. And no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain,
4. for he had often been bound with shackles and chains, but he wrenched the chains apart, and he broke the shackles in pieces. No one had the strength to subdue him.
5. Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones.
Another demonic encounter

Matthew 8 vs 28-34
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
28. And when he came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes,[e] two demon-possessed[f] men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way.
29. And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?”
30. Now a herd of many pigs was feeding at some distance from them.
31. And the demons begged him, saying, “If you cast us out, send us away into the herd of pigs.”
32. And he said to them, “Go.” So they came out and went into the pigs, and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned in the waters.
33. The herdsmen fled, and going into the city they told everything, especially what had happened to the demon-possessed men.
34. And behold, all the city came out to meet Jesus, and when they saw him, they begged him to leave their region.

1 Like

Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Petrall: 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
. The demon even knows how to log on to a computer, using the internet to connect with this pastor. Which kin "demon" we go say that one be now? :-

The same way the demon in the woman with the issue of blood made her go to jesus cool
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Jul 07, 2020
Petrall:
The same way the demon in the woman with the issue of blood made her go to jesus
A demon was in her? OMG! shocked shocked
Did Jesus Christ know the woman had a demon inside of her? shocked shocked

The woman had no demons inside of her. She was sick. What in fact made her do what she did was God, not a demon. Stop making stuff up!

2 Likes

Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Petrall: 6:10pm On Jul 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

A demon was in her? OMG! shocked shocked
Did Jesus Christ know the woman had a demon inside of her? shocked :

The woman had no demons inside of her. She was sick. What in fact made her do what she did was God, not a demon. Stop making stuff up!

Evil spirits are responsible for sicknesses

Luke 8:2
And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Kobojunkie: 6:24pm On Jul 07, 2020
Petrall:

Evil spirits are responsible for sicknesses
Luke 8:2
And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,

The verse tells you that you are still making things up. You are told of WOMEN(plural) who were healed of Evil Spirits AND infirmities. Nowhere are you told there that evil spirits cause infirmities

Luke 8 vs 1-2 (ERV)
1. The next day, Jesus traveled through some cities and small towns. Jesus told the people a message from God, the Good News about God’s kingdom. The twelve apostles were with him.
2. There were also some women with him. Jesus had healed these women of sicknesses and evil spirits. One of them was Mary, who was called Magdalene. Seven demons had come out of her.
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Petrall: 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Nowhere are you told there that evil spirits cause infirmities

Evil spirits are responsible for infirmities.

Luke 13:11
And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself

There are spirits for each organ of the body. From spirit of blindness, blood condition ,spirit of anger, insanity, fear, death, barrenness, pain , etc etc etc .
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
Petrall:

Evil spirits are responsible for infirmities.
And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself

There are spirits for each organ of the body. From spirit of blindness, blood condition ,spirit of anger, insanity, fear, death, barrenness, pain , etc etc etc
The verse does not tell you that the spirit of infirmity is an evil spirit or some sort of demon. The Spirit of Anger and of death are not by default EVIL. The same applies to the spirit of pain, fear, etc.

Consider the case of Pain, Anger, Jealousy for example! If I pinch myself, is that pain EVIL ? undecided
If I am angry because of what has been done to me, does that make my anger EVIL ?undecided
When God gets angry, is an EVIL entity responsible? undecided
When Jesus Christ died on the cross, was His death a result of an EVIL spirit of death overcoming Jesus Christ? undecided
When God said He is a Jealous God, was that a result of His being infected by an EVIL spirit of Jealousy? undecided
When plants and animals die (including when we kill them for food), is it as a result of EVIL spirits? undecided

When Jesus Christ was written to have dealt with demons inside of people, He cast out demons. But He never "cast out" sickness or infirmity in a similar way. He is said to have healed them.
In fact, there are instances where Jesus Christ suggests that the sickness/death in question was so to the glory of God. i.e. The blind man who was blind from birth, and then the case of Lazarus.
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Petrall: 7:22am On Jul 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

The verse does not tell you that the spirit of infirmity is an evil spirit or some sort of demon

It is , you may kindly do a study on it . Or check other translations

And there was a woman there who for eighteen years had had an infirmity caused by a spirit (a demon of sickness). She wasbent completely forward and utterly unable to straighten herself up or tolook upward.

. The Spirit of Anger and of death are not by default EVIL. The same applies to the spirit of pain, fear, etc.

Consider the case of Pain, Anger, Jealousy for example! If I pinch myself, is that pain

I get your point , there are natural feelings and emotion . There is godly anger , godly jealousy etc But there are negative emotions which are spiritual afflictions and torments caused by demons

The spirit of anger for example make people angry easily , and when they are angry they do things beyond their natural personality and be full of regrets later . e.g fights, insults superior,destroy things or even kill . Because it's not him . It's a spiritual manifesting,
Re: Who Says It's Only Africans That Have Demons ? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
Petrall:
It is , you may kindly do a study on it . Or check other translations
And there was a woman there who for eighteen years had had an infirmity caused by a spirit (a demon of sickness). She wasbent completely forward and utterly unable to straighten herself up or tolook upward.

Luke 13 vs 10-13
10. Jesus taught in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath day.
11. A woman was there who had an evil spirit inside her. It had made the woman crippled for 18 years. Her back was always bent; she could not stand up straight.
12. When Jesus saw her, he called to her, “Woman, you have been made free from your sickness!”
13. He laid his hands on her, and immediately she was able to stand up straight. She began praising God.
Like the many other stories about demons, this one is no different. It was a demon inside of her that contorted her body, likely leading to infirmities mentioned. Yes, demons inside a body can cause infirmities. But that is not to say infirmities are a result of demon possession
Petrall:
I get your point , there are natural feelings and emotion . There is godly anger , godly jealousy etc But there are negative emotions which are spiritual afflictions and torments caused by demons
The spirit of anger for example make people angry easily , and when they are angry they do things beyond their natural personality and be full of regrets later . e.g fights, insults superior,destroy things or even kill . Because it's not him . It's a spiritual manifesting,
I remember reading somewhere that you work in the health field. Are you suggesting that whenever a patient has a psychotic episode or extreme emotional response of sorts it is an evil spirit to blame? undecided
Particularly in patients who have a history of mental illness? undecided
Godly anger? Godly Jealousy? We are not all godly but we are made in the image of God. So it makes sense that anger, jealousy, wrath, also manifest in us. Now, I don't know about "godly" anger or the such as anger is anger. undecided
People are not made of exactly the same constitution, nor are our emotions all set to the same thresholds. Some get angry more easily than others. Some experience rage at the drop of a dime... while others are as mellow as yellow when exposed to the very same stimuli that others react to. Some deal with frustration, depression, anger, anxiety, guilt, worry, etc almost every moment of every day, while others don't even have a care in the world. Do we assume then that everyone with extreme issues is demon-possessed? undecided

Almost every case in the bible of demon possession in the gospels shows that this results in some negative impact on the physical appearance and living of those affected. The man in this story however seems unimpacted in almost every way.

(1) (Reply)

If You See Any Fulani Terrorist, Kill Him – Northern Prophet (video) / In DEFENSE Of Nigerian Pastors / I Need Someone To Interpret This Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.