Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch (77609 Views)

Pitch Invader Runs On Pitch In Granada Vs Manchester United Match (Photos) / Terrence Francis & Dwayne Allen Struck By Lightning During Cup Match / Allan Mbote Killed By Lightning During Goal Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by spayor(m): 2:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
juniorstar:
now i understand what it means when someone says "thunder fire you there"
funniest comment so far
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by ronyman(m): 3:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chai people of this world grin
Fatbabyfart:
Zaborsky

I sight a strange connection between him(zaborsky) and the lion himself. (de Indabosky bahose)
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by damoceile: 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
EzzyCarter:
His bling was so lit... literally grin

"Thunder fire you" no be joke o. shocked Ama change it for the next nigger who says that to me angry

Thunder fire u grin grin
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by don4real18(m): 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
Why wear the chain of Sango around your neck? I hope he recovers
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Munieer(m): 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2020
E village pipol cum visit am shocked
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by cjscon(m): 3:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
obembet:
A 16-year-old Russian footballer has been put into a coma and left with a scar around his neck after he was struck by lightning during training

Ivan Zaborsky is fighting for his life after the terrifying incident in Orekhovo-Zuevo, near Moscow.

The teenage goalkeeper, who was training separately from his teammates, was wearing a metal chain around his neck which was struck by the lightning.

It is claimed the sky was clear when the lightning struck at the FC Znamya Truda weekend practice session.

Amazingly, the video appears to show him kick the ball from the edge of the penalty area even after he is struck.

He collapses to the ground and his coaches and teammates rush towards him.

His trainer Anton Basov performed a heart massage and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

The unconscious goalie was rushed to a local hospital and then transferred by helicopter to a clinic in Moscow.

His girlfriend Yelena told Podyem media: 'He is in stable condition.
'He regained consciousness but due to a strong painful shock he had to be put back into a coma.'

'His parents are at his bedside. He has a scar around his neck where the lightning hit his chain, and that his lung was damaged. He needs time to stabilise.'

Zaborsky's sister Karina Zaborovskaya said: 'He woke several times, but doctors were scared to take a risk, and he was put back to coma.'

She said: 'Doctors say that he was born under a lucky star. I still can't comprehend it all. I cannot understand how it could happen.
'There were no clouds above the stadium before and during the training session, nothing signalled trouble.'

She praised the coaching staff who 'saved his life' with their prompt action.

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zgfMWUj7I4
village people again
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by raphy(m): 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
some ppl will be there thinking thunder don't fire person .anywhere in the world it will still locate you not an african matter.

get well young Russian.
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by articlewriter: 3:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
A typical example of thunder fire you shocked
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by AntiWailer: 3:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
as in Thunder fired him ?
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Hushpuppy20(m): 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
[/color][color=#990000] that is how lightning struck dead some frsc officials some months back that some sango woshipers went there and be performing rituals, why dem sango woshippers no go russia na?
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by EzzyCarter: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
damoceile:

Thunder fire u grin grin

Damo, iffa catch you ehn grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Psoul(m): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
Chaiiii...village pple ehnnn.
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by ajl: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
mansakhalifa:

The above statement is laughable at best...

I am sure whoever made it hasn't heard of the term "bolt from the blue".

Lightning can strike even when the skies above are clear and those sort of lightning strikes are far deadlier than the ones that often occur during rainfalls or thunderstorms.

If they should care enough to investigate properly, I am pretty sure that they might end up finding out that there was a thunderstorm several miles away despite the clouds being clear above that particular training ground at that point in time.

Lightning only strike under specific conditions. Its well defined. I used to play outdoor soccer at work during lunch time. We always have someone who is very familiar with conditions for lightning strike on hand among us. Once those conditions are met, we immediately have to leave the pitch.

Signs of Lightning
Cloud-to-ground lightning is nearby if you notice one or more of these early signs. Seek shelter immediately to reduce the risk of lightning injury or even death.

A rapidly growing cumulonimbus cloud. [/b]Although cumulonimbus clouds appear bright white and form in sunny skies, don't be fooled—they're the beginning stage of a developing thunderstorm. If you notice them growing taller and taller in the sky, you can rest assured that a storm is in the making and headed your way.

[b]Increasing winds and a darkening sky. [/b]These are telltale signs of an approaching storm.

[b]Audible thunder.
Thunder is the sound created by lightning, so if thunder can be heard, lightning is near. You can determine how near (in miles) by counting the number of seconds between a flash of lightning and a thunderclap and dividing that number by five.

A severe thunderstorm warning. The National Weather Service issues a severe thunderstorm warning whenever severe storms have been detected on weather radar or confirmed by storm spotters. Cloud-to-ground lightning is often the main threat of such storms.

https://www.thoughtco.com/lightning-warning-signs-3444259
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by EzzyCarter: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2020
BENEAMATA:
with this quote , i here by nominate the quoted for this year's Thunder bird , sorry i mean silverbird man of the year. grin . Get well quick flyboy .
j

Hehhe cheesy @ bolded, Silverbird ko, AIT ni grin grin grin
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Fash20: 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
mansakhalifa:

The above statement is laughable at best...

I am sure whoever made it hasn't heard of the term "bolt from the blue".

Lightning can strike even when the skies above are clear and those sort of lightning strikes are far deadlier than the ones that often occur during rainfalls or thunderstorms.

If they should care enough to investigate properly, I am pretty sure that they might end up finding out that there was a thunderstorm several miles away despite the clouds being clear above that particular training ground at that point in time.

can you back your claim up with a source
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Revolva(m): 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Hahaha � he never believed thunder really strike people
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by omoyankee3(m): 6:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
The gods are angry
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Benjamin043(m): 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
Fatbabyfart:
Zaborsky

I sight a strange connection between him(zaborsky) and the lion himself. (de Indabosky bahose)

Lol.. Same thing struck my mind

1 Like

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Benjamin043(m): 6:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
paulolee:
juss too bad...dts one of d reasons Y jewelries aint allowed on d pitch during a match... or mayb d gods are angry dt his team is tearing its ticket...get well soon bro

The gods sef dey carry odds
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by udomma1005(m): 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2020
Dis name sounds like Indabosky Bahose thingz kwa! grin
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by benzypher(m): 6:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
"The liquid metal" LOL
Fatbabyfart:
Zaborsky

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by benzypher(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Pun fully intended
Benjamin043:

Lol.. Same thing struck my mind
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by NairalandSARS: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
See as the lightning fast.
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by paulolee(m): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Benjamin043:

The gods sef dey carry odds
my guy d tin tire me o....e get wan baba for my town, him de always ask me for sure odds oo...say d gods nids it...
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by damoceile: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
EzzyCarter:

Damo, iffa catch you ehn grin grin grin

Boss nah joke I dey o grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Justarandomguy: 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
The guy must have cut one Nigerian ticket. I'm very sure of that
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by EzzyCarter: 10:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=damoceile post=91521825]

Boss nah joke I dey o grin grin[/quote

grin grin grin]
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by 2cul2care: 10:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Thank God for him, it happened in a country with good health care, if na Naija, d guy is a gonner by now
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by louiziana(m): 5:34am On Jul 09, 2020
From lightening.org:

Myth #8: Wearing metal on your body (jewelry, watches, glasses, backpacks, etc.), attracts lightning.

Fact: Height, pointy shape, and isolation are the dominant factors controlling where a lightning bolt will strike. The presence of metal makes virtually no difference where the lightning strikes. While metal doesn’t attract lightning, touching or being near long metal objects (fences, railings, bleachers, vehicles, etc.) is still unsafe when thunderstorms are nearby. If lightning does happen to hit it, the metal can conduct the electricity a long distance and still electrocute you.
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by Ubonguko(m): 6:35am On Jul 09, 2020
Curvinus:
just lol at your life if you are not already slaying at 16
I swear lol
Re: Ivan Zaborsky Struck By Lightning On Pitch by MrBen619(m): 8:53am On Jul 09, 2020
So witches and wizards are everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Ordered To Demolish His Hotel In Barcelona (Pictures) / Ronaldinho Celebrates His 40th Birthday In Jail / Nigeria Vs Colombia: FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. Semi Finals (5 - 6) On Pens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.