Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,835 members, 7,824,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs (27136 Views)

Tinubu To Lawan: "You Can Easily lick Your Wounds" / Court Convicts Farouk Lawan Over $500,000 Bribe / YCE Berates Ahmad Lawan Over Statement On Shasha Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by NwekeUG(m): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
IgbereTV reports that Chris Ngige, minister of labour and employment, has apologised to Senate President Ahmad Lawan over the uproar caused by Festus Keyamo, minister of state for labour and employment, regarding the recruitment of 774,000 persons.

Last week, Keyamo had a shouting match with some senators and house of representatives members while responding to questions about the recruitment.

The National Directorate of Employment (NDE) is expected to implement the recruitment under a special works programme.

The lawmakers had accused Keyamo of hijacking the programme from NDE. But the minister hit back, saying they were the ones trying to take over the project.

Later, the legislators later said the programme would remain on hold until details of how it would be implemented are made available to them, but Keyamo has maintained that they do not have the powers to do so.

Speaking at a meeting with Lawan at the national assembly on Tuesday, Ngige said Keyamo has prepared a position paper on how the programme would be implemented.

“We regret what has happened. I apologise on behalf of the ministry and I hope that the apology will be taken. I therefore ask that you forgive and forget and we start on a new page” Ngige said.

“My minister has put out a position paper. Nothing is sacrosanct there; we can still discuss.” Lawan said all actions taken so far as regards the engagement of 774,000 citizens are “null and void.”

The senate president stated that the lawmakers were right to ask for details on how the programme would be implemented. He said the NDE has the capacity to implement the programme. He said, “You will have our support if the ministry does not go into it."

https://igberetvnews.com/1357285/ngige-apologises-lawan-keyamos-uproar-774000-jobs/

3 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by SmartProf(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
How can you apologise for a just action by Keyamo. It only shows u lack principles and will compromise serving society in a just way in order to protect your future political interest. Remember life begins where fear ends...I prefer dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery.

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by inoki247: 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
Let dem keep playing us shebi some people dey side Kayamo all of dem ar afta dere own pocket.... If you still check d list u go still see alot of irregularities even if na Kayamo pick everyone

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by bigdammyj: 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2020
Lol.... settlement on the way

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by festacman(m): 4:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
A baptism of fire and a humbling learning process for Festus Kenyamo.

The principle of separation of powers in democracy comes with its frustrations. Matter of fact the legislators are the special group of people empowered by the constitution to remove an elected President from office.

Unfortunately, the legislators in Nigeria are experts in using principle of separation of power to protect and enhance their personal interests more than they use it to checkmate the Executive through diligent oversight activities.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by realstars: 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
They Should Settle This At Once
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by tutudesz: 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
Na Dem Dem. They are all the same, apologize for doing his job Keyamo na thief Lawan na thief all of them na thief

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by Lagosfinder(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2020
Politicians
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by richie240: 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2020
SmartProf:
How can you apologise for a just action by Keyamo. It only shows u lack principles and will compromise serving society in a just way in order to protect your future interest. Remember life begins where fear ends
Hold ur peace, na all ds bloggers dey yarn dust!

“We regret what has happened. I apologise on behalf of the ministry and I hope that the apology will be taken. I therefore ask that you forgive and forget and we start on a new page” Ngige said.

"on behalf of d ministry" not "on behalf of keyamo"!

9 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 07, 2020
Finally, dem don kowtow

Keyamo think sey na by grammar

4 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2020
Seems Keyamo will soon be hung out to dry

2 Likes

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by nairavsdollars(f): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2020
Apologise for saying the truth?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by XXLMANDIGO: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
Confused lot.
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by israelmao(m): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
Beyond apology our political leaders know how they settle themselves.
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by edunoli: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
Is he saying keyamo was wrong?
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by faithfull18(f): 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2020
Shameless politicians.
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by Abovebest(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
Nigeria and drama
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by whippersnapper(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
#WeStandWithKeyamo

The man following the footsteps of our darling non-corrupt Daddy.

They call him different names, but non of their fathers dare call him a thief.

This is the change we voted for.

Bless us Festus.

Posterity will judge us all.

You stood your ground under pressure and said no to impunity , aka business as usual.

Na man u be.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by diplomat058(m): 6:02pm On Jul 07, 2020
Seems Ngige is calling for a negotiation here. Now, the hapless masses are the victims, as usual.
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by DModeCntStopMe: 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2020
shocked

In other words, to simply put Ngige's message to the legislooters in clearer terms,

Ngige to NASS: Please forgive baby keyamo, the small job given to him as a junior minister is making him go insane, please forgive and forget, he is just a small boy.

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by fartfact(m): 6:03pm On Jul 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by ayenale1(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
Ngige na mumu man.
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by Ayobami7(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
okay
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by arazanbal: 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2020
ngege is part of d syndicate dat is killing Nigeria

he has been in low key since covid 19, his gang of assassin's creed syndicate edition had to called him out to taem his boy festus kayamo because he refuses to do close door section when he was invited for open door own, since dm don give dm 15% i think dy are satisfied now
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by Openbusiness3: 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
shocked Kwaruption is fighting begging back
Re: Ngige Apologises To Lawan Over Keyamo’s Uproar On 774,000 Jobs by ForeThinker: 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2020
I’ve spent so much time in my head and in my heart that I forgot to live in my body.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Security Forces Can't Find Bandits Gumi Located - Adamu Garba / Ombatse Cult: "We Are Not Militias, We Are A Prayer Group " / Niger State Demands 13% Derivation From Oil Revenue; Threatens To Shut Kanji Dam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.