Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Hnd Vs Bsc - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd Vs Bsc (2045 Views)

Bsc.economics/ed Vs Bsc.economics. / Hnd Vs Bsc Is The Case Rest / Hnd Vs Bsc, B. Eng, Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd Vs Bsc by radeniran(m): 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2007
Descrimination between HND and BSC is there hope for HND holders in this country upon all the Govt pronouncement
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2007
My brother, no hope in government o; na God hand HND holders dey for this country. Just keep on praying. Inconsistency in the part of our government is really killing HND holders in Nigeria. some months ago they said no more HND certificate again and that already existing HND is still equivalent to a Degree, but now the same people (government) have reversed the decision of scrapping the HND program that HND programs should still be done in polytechnics. Polytechnic education in Nigeria is a waste of time, effort and resources.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by pekkyn: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2007
redenira, there is strong hope for people with HND in Nigeria, especially when you can defend the course you read. I also disagree with Ishmeal who said that "Polytechnic Education is a waste of time, effort and money" it is capital lie bc I am a living example. Where I work today is with my HND Certificated bc i defended it well during the day of my interview, which was between I, a Hnd holder, Bsc holder and B.tech. could you beleive that I beat two of them hands down b/c the interview was a kind of interactive forum. The members of the panel were marveled at my performance. I could remember one of them jokinlg said that we should exchange certificates because they couln't defend themselves well.

Besides the one year Industrial attachment is a good thing that makes Poly Students to have practical experience. So let me use this medium to advise those that still have the opprtunity to ensure that  they emback on IT  because it is from there that i acquired my first practical experience. So HND holdes should strive hard to prove their result and equally forge ahead for additional qualifications especially professional courses; becuse PROFESSIONALISIM rules the world today.

1 Like

Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 1:14pm On Jun 15, 2007
and how many organisations in nigeria give HND holders the opportunity or chance to come and prove themselves?? are you saying that those HND holders who were turned down by banks and other multi-national companies could not defend their HND certificates?? What about those who got into the civil service and were discriminated by placing them below people with Bsc, are you saying that they too could nt defend their HND certificates?? What about those that apply for Master's Degree programs in the universities in Nigeria and are denied admission because they have HND, or are asked to do a PGD first or start from 300 levels again, are they also incompetent HND holders?? so with all what HND holders in nigeria have been going through you still advice people to go to polytechnic and do HND?? Nobody is saying that polytechnics and HND programs don't give and equip people with knowledge and skills better than universities and Bsc programs, but it becomes a waste of time, effort and resources when you are not recognised with the skills and knowledge you have. Why not advice people to go for Bsc programs since that is what employers and people of the country recognise and want.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2007
and how many organisations in nigeria give HND holders the opportunity or chance to come and prove themselves?? are you saying that those HND holders who were turned down by banks and other multi-national companies could not defend their HND certificates?? What about those who got into the civil service and were discriminated by placing them below people with Bsc, are you saying that they too could nt defend their HND certificates?? What about those that apply for Master's Degree programs in the universities in Nigeria and are denied admission because they have HND, or are asked to do a PGD first or start from 300 levels again, are they also incompetent HND holders?? so with all what HND holders in nigeria have been going through you still advice people to go to polytechnic and do HND?? Nobody is saying that polytechnics and HND programs don't give and equip people with knowledge and skills better than universities and Bsc programs, but it becomes a waste of time, effort and resources when you are not recognised with the skills and knowledge you have. Why not advice people to go for Bsc programs since that is what employers and people of the country recognise and want.

My brothers and sisters i advice you all for your own health and security to patronize universities and their Bsc programs and leave polytechnics and their HND programs alone
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 6:08pm On Jun 22, 2007
@HND-holder

please we need your input on this topic.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by lolypop: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2007
God is our strenght.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2007
lolypop:

God is our strenght.

Yes o; God is our strength, all holders of HND certificate.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by nossycheek(f): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2007
Most of my coursemates with HND are in employment and have been doing quite well in banks and multinationals. But don't let your kids suffer the same fate. It is varsity education or nothing. Enuff of dis discrimination angry
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 10:07am On Jun 28, 2007
FG have reversed the merger of polytechnics with universities. They said they want polytechnics to exist as independent institutions and to run MTech and PhD programs in addition to to the existing ND and HND programs. Check page 3 of Daily Trust Newspaper Wednesday, 27/06/2007 you will see the full story there.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by SEA(m): 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2007
We are the hope of the nation, It is not what you have that matters but what you are. It is not what you drive that matters but what drives you. God in us,

I have HND in Mass Communication and i can boldly tell you that i have worked with the best media in the industry and distinguished myself.I had worked in The Guardian Newspapers as a Reporter.The Nation Newspapers and some NGOs that are making Headlines in the country.
i am currently a Media Executive Officer with an NGO based in Ikeja,Lagos

Certificate counts but your personal values and competence is the utmost.

I wish all graduates whether BSC or HND all the best.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2007
radeniran:

Descrimination between HND and BSC is there hope for HND holders in this country upon all the Govt pronouncement

There is hope my brother. yar'adua will listen to ASUP.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by duduluq: 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2007
Hey guys, we should pray that all polytechnic in the country be upgraded to university. this is the only solution to the problem. the name HND is absolutely useless. am a leaving witness. you cant compare the opportunities a BSC holder will get to the one available to HND holders.
Let all the HND holders form a forum and solicite for FG support to save the polytechnic in the country.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2007
duduluq:

Hey guys, we should pray that all polytechnic in the country be upgraded to university. this is the only solution to the problem. the name HND is absolutely useless. am a leaving witness. you can't compare the opportunities a BSC holder will get to the one available to HND holders.
Let all the HND holders form a forum and solicite for FG support to save the polytechnic in the country.

Pally the issue is not converting polytechnics to universities, but changing the name of the certificate frm HND to BTech, Bsc and so on.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by hamabra(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2007
MY PALS, HND CERTIFICATE HAVE SUFFERED ON TOLD DESCRIMINATION IN THIS NATION, BUT I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS ANYWAY WE COULD MAKE PUBLICATION IN OUR DAILIES TO WRESTLE OURSELVES OUT OF THIS EVIL CALL DESCRIMINATION
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 4:47pm On Jul 16, 2007
hamabra:

MY PALS, HND CERTIFICATE HAVE SUFFERED ON TOLD DESCRIMINATION IN THIS NATION, BUT I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS ANYWAY WE COULD MAKE PUBLICATION IN OUR DAILIES TO WRESTLE OURSELVES OUT OF THIS EVIL CALL DESCRIMINATION

Government can stop it but they don't want to because they still want some people to be slaves to other people.
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by Ezinwannem: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2007
This issue is just like saying " NIGERIAN CERTIFICATE OR WESTERN CERTIFICATE" although we know that it aint necessary the case
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by hamabra(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2007
BUT PLEASE WHAT IS THE LATEST ON THE UPGRADING OR ARE WE TO RESIGN TO FAITH ARE WATCH AS WE HAVE BEEN TURNED TO SECOND CLASS CITIZENS IN OUR COUNTRY, OR IS IT A CRIME TO HAVE GONE TO POLY
Re: Hnd Vs Bsc by ishmael(m): 12:46pm On Jul 18, 2007
hamabra:

BUT PLEASE WHAT IS THE LATEST ON THE UPGRADING OR ARE WE TO RESIGN TO FAITH ARE WATCH AS WE HAVE BEEN TURNED TO SECOND CLASS CITIZENS IN OUR COUNTRY, OR IS IT A CRIME TO HAVE GONE TO POLY

Just have confidence in urself. Go ahead and do a PGD and MSc that may help you.

(1) (Reply)

Federal Poly Nekede Registration Requirement. / 2013 Post Utme/Admission Thread For UNIOSUN College Of Law Aspirants / No Nec Meeting Holding On Saturday 16th Nov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.