Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,713 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:25 AM

Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized (2727 Views)

How NDLEA Uncovered Cocaine Stashed At Anambra Monarch’s Palace / Woodbery Defrauded US Firm Of $15.3 Million Stashed Away In Bitcoin Wallet / 3 Brothers Kill Sibling In Imo Over Proceeds From Mother’s Burial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized by 9jathingsonpoint: 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
what many people dont know is that Bitcoin can't be hacked but can be traced through a KYC wallet and my bitcoin address and cannot be traced if my wallet doesn't require KYC like Trust wallet

it can be traced if you have your wallet in Luno, Binance etc in companies that require your ID or that need KYC
But you cant trace me if i use Trust Wallet, Metamast etc

2 Likes

Re: Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized by Lordspicy(m): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2020
sexylassie2:

ignoramus. problem about you is that you listen to marketing instead of doing real research about so called blockchain technology

bitcoin is digital but has trace, you register a wallet with email, your phone number, exchanges works with banks, all history of transactions are all online

follow the trail it will lead you to the end.

blockchains are built on top of communication networks and equipments and it is companies and physical computers and humans that control these technology not spirits.

get sense, anything digital currency that has history, records of transaction and can be converted to physical currency through a payment gateway of a physical bank can be traced.

Exchanges work with banks bla bla bla, I suggest you do an online foundation course in blockchain technology with any top university before you start spewing crap, besides if you had sense you will know most crypto holders store their btc in a hardware key.
Re: Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized by sexylassie2(f): 1:07am On Jul 15, 2020
Lordspicy:

Exchanges work with banks bla bla bla, I suggest you do an online foundation course in blockchain technology with any top university before you start spewing crap, besides if you had sense you will know most crypto holders store their btc in a hardware key.

you are the one that need more schooling

bitcoin in a hardware key is also a bitcoin wallet and it can be hacked

even kaspersky lab brought out research and findings of hacking crytowallet, so stop deceiving yourself.

as i have written before, any systems that is built on top of communication networks and equipment can be tracked.

The same when Tor came out, it is decentralized and anonymous, ba bla, the fbi took down and arrested lot of dealers on silk road, close the market and ceased thousands of bitcoins.

Not long ago, the UK govt, hacked into encrochat, when of the safest communications network in europe, took down the system and arrested many drug dealers.

Justin Gornik sold drugs and received money through bitcoin, the fbi ceased bitcoins, stratis, ethereum and monero accrued as part of his drug trading. His crypto holdings were held in accounts at the U.S.-based Bittrex and Poloniex exchanges.

Believe whatever you want to believe, as i have written, anything built on communication networks and systems is not safe or 100% secured....i am done arguing.
Re: Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized by GrandGallantry: 1:19am On Jul 15, 2020
Since 2019 you can't have more than 20k $ in any wallet without verification of I d

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized by Opexzy: 7:55am On Jul 15, 2020
sexylassie2:

ignoramus. problem about you is that you listen to marketing instead of doing real research about so called blockchain technology

bitcoin is digital but has trace, you register a wallet with email, your phone number, exchanges works with banks, all history of transactions are all online

follow the trail it will lead you to the end.

blockchains are built on top of communication networks and equipments and it is companies and physical computers and humans that control these technology not spirits.

get sense, anything digital currency that has history, records of transaction and can be converted to physical currency through a payment gateway of a physical bank can be traced.

Well i was buying into view be4, but now I am confused... Do you have a cryptocurrency wallet and which wallet do u use..?

I have both bitcoin and ethereum and some other coins all on trust wallet...there was no where I ever submitted any of those details you mentioned. Everything I did was download the app and open a wallet (never submitted any info) and the app didn't even ask for any permission to read my phone for anything, I was given a pass phrase. Which is what I use to login to my wallet.

So if they will trace me, I am sure it must be some kind of technology and not connecting my wallet address to my personal details as u have claimed.

So what is that way..? I really wanna learn

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi: Proceeds From Crime Stashed In Bitcoin Wallets Can Be Seized by AlphaSoul: 2:10am On Feb 20, 2021
jmoore:
For the Hushpuppians who are excited that his gang
stashed the proceeds from crime into bitcoin wallets.

"In 2013, Victorian police seized 3 electronic bitcoin
wallets containing 24,518.4777721 BTC for the first time in Australia. The seizure was part of a large scale investigation into Mr Pollard who was suspected of drug trafficking, possession, cultivation, importation and dealing with proceeds derived from the drug crimes."

"Ireland’s Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) seized
6,000 BTC from a Dublin resident who was accused
of growing cannabis on property located in the
Wicklow Mountain region. The police found around €450,000 of marijuana plants but the €52 million ($56.1M) of BTC was the biggest single-value asset seizure by the CAB since 1996." >>
https://news.bitcoin.com/era-bitcoin-ireland-btc-cant-sell-7-years/

Proceeds from crime are taken over by the government. Investing stolen money into bitcoin won't shield you when the authorities come knocking at your door.
If you are still PRAYING that Hushpuppi and his gang would be released without forfeiting their bitcoin proceeds from crime, your prayer is ending straight to the SPAM folder.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Face Of The Man Who Always Send People Fake Alert Finally Caught / Mother Chops Off Boyfriend’s Penis After He Tried To Rape Her Daughter - Report / Man Fails To Pay ‘Runs Girl’ He Slept With After Spending All His Money In Oba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.