Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,801 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

See How Oyo State Government Is Exposing Old People To COVID-19 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / See How Oyo State Government Is Exposing Old People To COVID-19 (233 Views)

Civil Servant Fights For Job After Exposing Racketeering In Works Ministry / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping / The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How Oyo State Government Is Exposing Old People To COVID-19 by RICKYMARIO(m): 12:42am On Jul 08, 2020
In times like this, one of the major concerns of a working government should be the protection of its citizens and in this case the elderly ones in particular, since they are more vulnerable to the effects of the disease but, unfortunately the reverse is the case.

Some days back, my mum told me that she got a text message from the Oyo state pension commission, stating that there'll be an accreditation by the end of this month (July), and that anybody that fails to come for the accreditation will have his or her name removed from the database.

I don't have any problem with the accreditation, but, my major concern is with the timing. This is a very critical period and gatherings like this should be discouraged. My mum is in her mid- Sixties, coupled with the fact that Oyo state is among the top five States with the highest number of reported cases of COVID-19. She is also currently in the South-south region of the country, and this means she will have to travel a long distance (another risk).

I'm wondering why the accreditation is so important at this point that it cannot be postponed till the coast is a bit clearer. It's really a cause of worry for me.

Mods, I'll be grateful if this can get to the promised land.

(1) (Reply)

World Furniture And Finishing Expo..... / Let Me Show You How To Make N10k Weekly / GOOD NEWS: Hope For School Reopening Boosted After Today's COVID-19 Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.