Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,493 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

How Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (191 Views)

Tope Awotona: Meet Nigeria's Richest Man In The US / How Dangote Became The Richest African / How Bill Gates And Aliko Dangote Became Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by Ransack: 11:10am On Jul 08, 2020
Born in 1957, Dangote grew up in an entrepreneurial household in Kano State, Nigeria. He was raised Muslim and lived an upper-class life. Dangote’s grandfather, Sanusi Dantata, was once named one of the wealthiest people living in Kano. He made his fortune selling commodities like oats and rice. Dantata became Dangote’s guardian in 1965 after the death of his father.

Having spent much of his childhood with his grandfather, Dangote quickly became interested in the world of business, once saying, “I can remember when I was in primary school, I would go and buy cartons of sweets [sugar boxes] and I would start selling them just to make money. I was so interested in business, even at that time.”1

At age 21, Dangote graduated from Egypt’s Al-Azhar University, considered one of Islam’s most prestigious universities. It was there the budding entrepreneur furthered his education in business.

An Empire Is Born
After graduating from college in 1977, Dangote managed to convince his uncle to lend him money to start a business. The funds from the loan allowed him to import soft commodities at wholesale prices from international suppliers. Two of his main imports were rice from Thailand and sugar from Brazil. He then sold those items in small quantities to consumers in his village at a lucrative markup. The venture quickly became successful and turned into a cash cow. In an interview with Forbes, Dangote claims that on his best days, he was realizing a daily net profit of $10,000. That allowed him to repay his uncle in only three months.

Continue reading: https://kilenra.com/blog/2020/07/07/how-dangote-became-the-richest-man-in-africa/
Re: How Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa by osamz007: 11:23am On Jul 08, 2020
HE STARTED FROM ONE BAG OF CEMENT

ONE PAIR OF SHOES

ONE BELT

ONE TROUSER

AWON MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS

UNA NO GO TELL US SAY HIM RELATIVES BEEN GET MONEY WEY DEM LEND AM

(1) (Reply)

Digital Marketing Tools Every Business Should Have In 2020 / Please Who Can Help With Verification On Wechat? / How To Make Millions In Cassava Farming Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.