Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

President Buhari Sit Up By Abdullahi Mohammed Moshood - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Sit Up By Abdullahi Mohammed Moshood (256 Views)

Buhari’s ‘Sit There In Lagos’ Statement: Gafar Olakanmi Reacts / School Abductions: Abdullahi Mohammed Says People Don't Want Education For North / Ahmed Lawan: Before PMB Crowns An Enemy, By Abdullahi Suleiman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Sit Up By Abdullahi Mohammed Moshood by murecool(m): 12:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
Is there any Nigerian that has not lost a friend, acquaintance, family or loved one(s) to banditry, kidnapping and other unprovoked killings? Sizeable percentage of Nigerians might answer in the negative. Captain Abubakar Siddiq (my acquaintance in the picture below - we grew up together in Suleja, Niger State) got killed by bandits three days ago along Abuja-Lokoja highway while driving from Lagos to Kaduna to resume short officers' course in Jaji, Kaduna State haven served about 4 years in the North-East fighting to safeguard his fatherland. He did not die on duty (which he signed for) but rather fell to the callous hands of bandits while his newly married wife and aged mother were abducted. Like hundreds if not thousands others, this youngman was cut in his prime largely due to the security failings of his country, led astonishingly, by a former military general!
Mr President, the truth is, whether you build 2nd to 10th Niger Bridge, make Nigeria a replica of Dubai or London, or perhaps make Nigerians enjoy 24 hours electricity while PMS sells for NGN50 per liter, these wanton killings daily recorded in Nigeria from East, South, West to North will erode all those aforementioned achievements.
I worked majorly in the travel sector. In 2016 when SAA launched Abuja to Johannesburg route, my colleagues and I went through hell to convince high powered South African delegates to experience Abuja for few days. After signing many life guarantee forms, we provided enormous security for the delegates just to visit Zuma Rock and other selected tourists sites in Abuja.
Putting myself in the shoes of the slain officer, I have in the past, more than 4 occasions driven my family from Lagos to Suleja where I grew up and my parent lives till date, but I am beyond terrified to do that now. Just last week, the EU ban Nigerian travellers from visiting Europe, but alas majority of Nigerian travel sellers rarely package local travels all due to the issues of insecurity. In fact, just in March 2020, National Association of Nigerian Travel Agencies (NANTA) was to hold its 45th electoral AGM in Kano, less than 1 percent of the over 7,000 members based in Lagos and southern parts of the country indicates interest to travel to Kano. The reason? You guessed right, insecurity!
Mr President sit up! Accord security of Nigerian lives and their properties utmost priority even more than covid19. The humonguos budget allocated to covid19 by both federal and state government should also be accorded security. Perhaps, temporarily, I think the NYSC should urgently be transformed to serve military and security purposes. The Punch Newspaper reports over NGN83 Billion was budgeted to service 350,000 NYSC members in 2018. Imagine injecting 350,000 security personnel into the Nigerian system every NYSC circle. Of course with proper security training, 350,000 personnel will go a long way in reducing to the barest minimum the issues of security in our country. I am sure you know Mr President, you are accountable for every Nigerian (this is the teachings of your faith and the Nigerian constitution you swore). Sit up Mr President! May Buhari succeed. May Nigeria WIN!

PS. May the soul of Capt. A. Siddiq and all other Nigerians killed rest in peace, amen. Meanwhile, we pray that Capt. A. Siddiq's wife and mother alongside all other captives be rescued soonest, amen.

Re: President Buhari Sit Up By Abdullahi Mohammed Moshood by donbachi(m): 1:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
Sorry for your loss.and such a beautiful write up.you just, put up there..but,my problem is this.why do we wait for a family member or friend to be victim,before we speak up over the issue of insecurity in nigeria?.just curious.

(1) (Reply)

State Creation map Indicate Hausas Are The Most United Ethnic Group / Lagos Lawmaker, Tunde Braimoh Dies Of Coronavirus / I Might Not Complete My Education After My Father's Death - Devyne Overah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.