Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Which Is The Best For Cooking? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is The Best For Cooking? (1627 Views)

Man Hails His Wife For Cooking Multiple Soup In The Middle Of The Night (video) / Safety Measures For Cooking Delicious Snake Pepper Soup / 'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
Our mothers and cooks here on NL. I stumbled on this question on a recipe Blog and I decided to ask the question here.

Amongst these 4 brands below, which is your best and why?

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Mariangeles(f): 2:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
Let me put it this way: in the land of seasoning cubes, Knorr is king.
Maggi is overrated.
Who knows Mr chef?
As for Onga? lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2020
Knorr anytime, anyday.

Followed by Maggi....Onga lost it long ago in term of quality, as for Mr Chef, it's too salty.
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
Mariangeles:
Let me put it this way: in the land of seasoning cubes, knorr is king.
Maggi is overrated.
Who knows Mr chef?
As for onga? lipsrsealed

Nothing to add. grin
I use Maggi Crayfish though...

The worst of them all has to be Royco.
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Mariangeles(f): 4:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
pocohantas:

Nothing to add. grin
I use Maggi Crayfish though...

The worst of them all has to be Royco.

Nne, Royco try for where that yeye Onga dey.

At least, it doesn't have any funny smell or flavour, just basic.
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by okirewaju(f): 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
I use star and Knorr.

I once tried those sachet jollof spice to cook jollof rice when my neighbor won't stop singing it's praise.

I ended up with red jollof.
From that day I ran from those spices.

With ginger, garlic and bay leaf,I'm good with jollof.

I hear there is still white Maggi in the west. Dunno how true though.
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Twoclans(f): 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Knott is the queen of seasoning cubes. cool

I can only buy maggi if there is no other seasoning cube in Nigeria.

I have never bought Onga.I cant judge what I have never used.

Mr chef is my side boo cheesy
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

Nne, Royco try for where that yeye Onga dey.

At least, it doesn't have any funny smell or flavour, just basic.

Lmao. My bro uses Onga to cook red jollof. I don’t know why people think they can cheat through the jollof process with nonsense spices.

Royco is very nonsense. Even the sight of it makes me boil...

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Procrastination.
One of these days, I will do my own seasoning. Its actually very easy to do as long as you have oven, air fryer or dehydrator. Waiting for the last batch of Knott I have to finish.
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
sassysure:
Procrastination.
One of these days, I will do my own seasoning. Its actually very easy to do as long as you have oven, air fryer or dehydrator. Waiting for the last batch of Knott I have to finish.

Amen!
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. My bro uses know to cook red jollof. I don’t know why people think l they can cheat through the jollof process with nonsense spices.

When I joined my husband,there was this seasoning he cook with.( Infact, one pull-out drawer is dedicated to seasonings grin)You don't even need meat or fish and your food will be so sweet. From Poland. I almost became addicted and started buying it. Then it was gone. I desperately looked for alternative and non came close.
One day I pinched myself to know when I became a lover of seasonings like this. Seems like it was banned from what I heard.
I kept this one as a reminder. Can't believe I cooked with it. One day, when I start posting food again, I will prepare seasoning and post so people can learn how to make their seasoning. It's very simple. And u will know what's entering your mouth. The people that use seasoning most are sub Saharan Africans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
UNCLEOKORO:

Amen!
Do you want to prepare your own seasoning?
I can post videos u can watch and learn kiss
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
sassysure:

When I joined my husband,there was this seasoning he cook with.( Infact, one pull-out drawer is dedicated to seasonings grin)You don't even need meat or fish and your food will be so sweet. From Poland. I almost became addicted and started buying it. Then it was gone. I desperately looked for alternative and non came close.
One day I pinched myself to know when I became a lover of seasonings like this. Seems like it was banned from what I heard.
I kept this one as a reminder. Can't believe I cooked with it. One day, when I start posting food again, I will prepare seasoning and post so people can learn how to make their seasoning. It's very simple. And u will know what's entering your mouth. The people that use seasoning most are sub Saharan Africans.

Lol. Men can buy nonsense seasonings ehn. I think those market women use them to experiment- “Oga, take this one, e go sweet for your stew” grin grin You are lucky your husband bought a good one. I have encountered some really dangerous ones.

I thought it was Asians o. We would be waiting for your post. I learned to make my own garlic spice and it is good. Even the pepper soup spice I made myself is very potent. We can do a lot of these things ourselves, if person show us way sha.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Men can buy nonsense seasonings ehn. I think those market women use them to experiment- “Oga, take this one, e go sweet for your stew” grin grin You are lucky your husband bought a good one. I have encountered some really dangerous ones.

I thought it was Asians o. We would be waiting for your post. I learned to make my own garlic spice and it is good. Even the pepper soup spice I made myself is very potent. We can do a lot of these things ourselves, if person show us way sha.
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
U are right.
They use them to experiment cheesy
Asians use soy sauce of different types to cook and lots of spices. If they want it sweet, they will add sugar. When u watch their village cooking, no seasoning unlike our village cooking, we still use them.

What we eat is who we are. Look at our boys, at early 20, erection is disappointing them. Make I close my mouth lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Mariangeles(f): 10:14pm On Jul 08, 2020
pocohantas:

Lmao. My bro uses Onga to cook red jollof. I don’t know why people think they can cheat through the jollof process with nonsense spices.

First of all, they are not all jollof that are called jollof I ghotara? No be by colour
There's jellof rice, jolof rice, heck! Even wolof rice...and then there's jollof rice! cool

E dey try for soup sha

Ehen! You been remind me to try that Maggi crayfish sef...make I taste as e be
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
sassysure:

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
U are right.
They use them to experiment cheesy
Asians use soy sauce of different types to cook and lots of spices. If they want it sweet, they will add sugar. When u watch their village cooking, no seasoning unlike our village cooking, we still use them.

What we eat is who we are. Look at our boys, at early 20, erection is disappointing them. Make I close my mouth lipsrsealed.

Always heard they like sweet food, took that to mean lots of seasonings.

Forget out boys, the ones that haven’t packed up now, will pack up in future. No be food be their problem, na the drug and alcohol. After consuming it for years, they will na be looking for wife wey go dey cook wheat and soup without oil/maggi. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by veeveanO(f): 10:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
I prefer maggi star for spicing stew, jollof rice etc then maggi crayfish for soup.
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by pocohantas(f): 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
Mariangeles:

First of all, they are not all jollof that are called jollof I ghotara? No be by colour
There's jellof rice, jolof rice, heck! Even wolof rice...and then there's jollof rice! cool

E dey try for soup sha

Ehen! You been remind me to try that Maggi crayfish sef...make I taste as e be

Lol. Small small we would all achieve the different levels to jollof. You should try maggi crayfish. They put in some extra effort. I don’t like knorr in my soup. I use maggi for that.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Mariangeles(f): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
pocohantas:

Always heard they like sweet food, took that to mean lots of seasonings.

Forget out boys, the ones that haven’t packed up now, will pack up in future. No be food be their problem, na the drug and alcohol. After consuming it for years, they will na be looking for wife wey go dey cook wheat and soup without oil/maggi. grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin
Chai Chinekemeeeeeeeeeeeee
I puru onu ojoo gi wu nwa
grin
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Aimerosa25(f): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2020
I use all but,knorr is #1 then star,ND chef
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nedlog01(m): 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2020
There is now a platform created to support and grow agricultural and food related brands. It is called The Chicken Farm. It is a site that connects buyers and sellers of chicken products. Products including: Poultry, Fast Food, Equipment, Manure, Feed etc can all be sold and bought on the site as long as they relate to chicken. Register with: www.thechickenfarm.com.ng/register/TCU20GOL4. It's all free.

It's for those in Nigeria.
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2020
Knorr chicken anytime, anyday.

Maggi is too salty

Chef undecided didn't know they have seasoning. I only use their salt

Onga onga... Well used only their soup flavor those days but not anymore since I discovered knorrrrrr. cheesy. They don't even produce the soup flavor any longer.

So, knorr chicken it is for me
Re: Which Is The Best For Cooking? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 13, 2020
Knor is great for stews and strong flavored food like jollof rice. But if you just want to enhance natural flavors, maggi is bae. Try soy sauce recipes using maggi. You are welcome in advance.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Dangers Of Consuming Catfish A.K.A. Point And Kill / Shocking!!! See The Two Scary Kidney Like Things I Found Inside A Paw Paw / Affordable Online Cake And Pastries Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.