Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him (251 Views)

Why EFCC Is Prosecuting Naira Marley – Magu / Police capture robbers that attacked Magu's home, killed Guard (PICS) / Gunmen Invade Ibrahim Magu’s House, Kill Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by NadiaR(m): 11:44pm On Jul 08, 2020

A media aide has said the suspended boss of Nigeria’s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Ibrahim Magu never gave N4 billion to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

Laolu Akande said the reports that Osinbajo ordered Magu to give him the money from the recovered looted funds were “lies”.

“These are totally false and baseless fabrications purporting to reflect goings-on at the Probe Panel investigating Mr Ibrahim Magu,” Akande said in a statement on Wednesday. “They are indeed completely absurd in every respect.”

Magu is being questioned by a presidential panel for allegedly cornering properties recovered from corrupt officials.

The questioning comes after Nigeria’s attorney general in June sent a memo to President Muhammadu Buhari detailing a raft of allegations against Magu that were leaked to the press.

The attorney general accused the anti-graft head of selling off assets recovered during corruption investigations and of “insubordination”.

Critics said the moves aimed at getting rid of Magu and part of a tussle for control at the top of Nigeria’s notoriously opaque elite.

Pointblanknews.com, owned by government critic Jackson Ude, claimed that Osinbajo ordered Magu to release the funds “very day the president left the country for the United Kingdom on medical treatment.”

President Muhammadu Buhari has travelled to the United Kingdom for medical care more than once.

The first medical trip to London, on June 6, 2016, which lasted for 10 days, was over an ear infection, while the second lasted 51 days for an undisclosed ailment. He was away for 104 days, from May 8, 2017, till August 19, 2017, for his third medical trip to the UK.

On September 21, he left from the US to the UK for the fourth medical trip and returned to Nigeria on September 25, 2017.

In his fifth medical trip to London, Buhari was from May 8, 2018, and he returned on May 11.

The report by Pointblank News did not say when Osinbajo supposedly gave the order.

“Such mindless, vicious and reckless publications have now become the preferred tool of unscrupulous and reprobate elements in our society who are procured with monetary inducement to peddle blatant falsehood, tarnish the image of upright public officials and mislead unsuspecting Nigerians,” Akande said.

Source: The Guardian
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by Factfinder1(m): 12:50am On Jul 09, 2020
E Don happen
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by charlesazeh(m): 1:24am On Jul 09, 2020
This is Nigeria!! Everybody na�
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by Nobody: 2:17am On Jul 09, 2020
Nothing will make me happier than to see Pastor Osinbajo broken and humiliated. The same thing goes to all my Yoruba brothers who supported Buharis second term. I want to see Yoruba humiliated and defeated and then maybe as we will learn sense.
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by ojokolax: 2:27am On Jul 09, 2020
Koboko444:
Nothing will make me happier than to see Pastor Osinbajo broken and humiliated. The same thing goes to all my Yoruba brothers who supported Buharis second term. I want to see Yoruba humiliated and defeated and then maybe as we will learn sense.

Sad to see you hunkered down and buried in bile, it sure is horrendous to be you, I wish you the best in your future endeavours but you see VP Osinbajo, two decades from now He'd spill be upright and just and as such protected by the Lord God Almighty.
Sweet dreams buddy.
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by okefrancis: 5:00am On Jul 09, 2020
We all know that all this is baseless and fabrication from shameful and shameless Jackson Ude who has broke and needed money to survive since PDP are no more playing him again for his dirty job
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by Naturopathic: 5:02am On Jul 09, 2020
For those that are planning evil and lies against VP OSINBAJO, you will be condemned and the man knows nothing of the allegation lay against him
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by IKUBABAYEYE001: 5:08am On Jul 09, 2020
Mischief makers everywhere trying bro drag Prof. Osinbajo to their level. The man his far above una petty politics and blackmails.
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by okefrancis: 5:15am On Jul 09, 2020
Koboko444:
That is to show how gullible and foolish you are because you believe in your brother's jackson ude lies
Re: Aide Denies Osinbajo Ordered Magu To Release N4 Billion To Him by Mynd44: 5:25am On Jul 09, 2020

(1)

Hushpuppi Was Running A Legitimate Business And Legitimate Instagram, Lawyer / Nairaland Today, 17th July, 2020. / Police Arrested Delta Prince, Chukwunonso Over Alleged Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.