Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead (60442 Views)

Nollywood Actor, Stanley Okoro Is Dead (Photos) / 'village Headmaster' Okoro Is Dead / Jimmy Wopo Shot Dead Within Hours Of Xxxtentacion Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2020
So nonsense and ingredient is from these people cheesy

And gorimapa.

We have come a long way o.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

Bros you try o.
There was councilor Bamishe
Dagbolu was a prince and also entitled to the throne
I think you captured all that was to be remembered
Watch those episode of late eighties to nineties

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2020
PJay77:
I think he was the owner of the patent medicine store where Boniface was his boy. He had this unusual moustache and used to sneeze after taking snuff

I suspect that you remember the 2 of them. You are correct, Okoro was the owner of the patent medicine store and usually sneezed after taking his snuff, but the person with the moustache was Dr Bassey Okon. Bassey Okon (Jab Adu) was the first owner of the store, then Okoro took it over and then Boniface took it over from Okoro.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2020
sLentlover7778:
You big pass 1k na..

No dey whine me..

grin grin grin

Ur silence mean say u no fit gimme be dt oo undecided
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by joefelin2345: 10:13am On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

Quite interesting. You really tried. More jellen to your elbow. You really make my day.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by BabaRamota1980: 10:14am On Jul 09, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Anchor535(m): 10:15am On Jul 09, 2020
Omgggggggggg OP, you brought tears to my eyes ds morning. My memory clicked up. Wow...aw time flies. I really loved village headmaster ehhh, then masquerade, icheoku, kokos lodge, headmaster special class(the theme song then was so lovely) Cock crows at dawn(another classic theme song) Adios family, mama sose ( that's from NTA PH, tales by moonlight with my darling Aunty Nkem. Then every year there used to be a tv festival/ competition where all State bring in entries in different categories. It was NTA Benin winning with Pot of Life. So many good dayz on tv. I don old o grin... Thanks OP...more please

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by KosiGee(m): 10:16am On Jul 09, 2020
7) Amebo (played by Ibidun Alison). She is the village gossip and bar owner. Chief Eleyinmi often called her "Radio Oja". She is usually well intentioned, but she's not well educated and she often stumbles on information that she doesn't quite misinterpretes it and spreads her misinterpreted story all over the village. This often leads to crisis and confusion.

grin grin grin
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 10:17am On Jul 09, 2020
Anchor535:
Omgggggggggg OP, you brought tears to my eyes ds morning. My memory clicked up. Wow...aw time flies. I really loved village headmaster ehhh, then masquerade, icheoku, kokos lodge, headmaster special class(the theme song then was so lovely) Cock crows at dawn(another classic theme song) Adios family, mama sose ( that's from NTA PH, tales by moonlight with my darling Aunty Nkem. Then every year there used to be a tv festival/ competition where all State bring in entries in different categories. It was NTA Benin winning with Pot of Life. So many good dayz on tv. I don old o grin... Thanks OP...more please

The TV festival was called the Nigerian Festival of Television Programmes (NIFETEP). I think NTA Benin won an award in 1986 with Pot of Life and NTA Channel 10 Lagos won an award in 1985 with The Reign of Abiku.

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by KosiGee(m): 10:23am On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

The TV festival was called the Nigerian Festival of Television Programmes (NIFETEP). I think NTA Benin won an award in 1986 with Pot of Life and NTA Channel 10 Lagos won an award in 1985 with The Reign of Abiku.

You are a rare gem Oga Naptu. I wish you good health and lots of God’s Favour.

You always dig up goodies from the past. Lots of people might not have been around when those entertainments trended but we all learn and educate ourselves about our beautiful and nostalgic past.

Thank you my good man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2020
This is a TVC video from November 2019. The surviving cast of the Village Headmaster celebrate 50 years since it was first aired.

Jimmy Johnson was interviewed at the 2:22 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVi-YIBCKsI

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by GEEBITE: 10:28am On Jul 09, 2020
You picked on a wrong person.
Kobicove:

Indomie Generation spotted and confirmed cheesy
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by GEEBITE: 10:30am On Jul 09, 2020
Yeah the antidote to Councillor Balogun raucousness .He was a latter character.
nija80:

Bros you try o.
There was councilor Bamishe
Dagbolu was a prince and also entitled to the throne
I think you captured all that was to be remembered
Watch those episode of late eighties to nineties
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Favour22amaka(f): 10:30am On Jul 09, 2020
Sweeetheart:

so how old is you? spaghetti generation that you know jimmy?
why feeling attacked? Sure you are among the indomie generation. grin grin grin
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Reference(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2020
RIP. The purists are leaving the stage one after the other. Those who played characters larger than life and created poignant reality from acting, not for penny but for passion.... now replaced by the generation for which the pound means everything who have turned reality to a show of sorts and with little skill and absolutely no other passion but that of lust are hailed as the ace performers of the generation x..... does Nigeria have anything of value left on its shores...
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Kobicove(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

You really do have a photographic memory to have remembered all these. smiley

Thumbs up!

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Kobicove(m): 10:37am On Jul 09, 2020
GEEBITE:

If she is up to 40 at least then she should know Jimmy Johnson cheesy
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Sweeetheart(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2020
Favour22amaka:
why feeling attacked? Sure you are among the indomie generation. grin grin grin

Amaka clocked 23 first before jamtalk o, I'm not your uncle's age mate
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Ishilove: 10:47am On Jul 09, 2020
Kobicove:

Indomie Generation spotted and confirmed cheesy
Anything wrong in Indomie Generation?
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by shakespere: 10:48am On Jul 09, 2020
I think there was Sisi Clara and some catch words like 'sme sme' just hoping I am not mixing things up. I was very young. Started watching from the 80s
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Ishilove: 10:48am On Jul 09, 2020
GEEBITE:
LMAO! Egbon I laughed heartily when I saw his comment cheesy
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 10:51am On Jul 09, 2020
shakespere:
I think there was Sisi Clara and some catch words like 'sme sme' just hoping I am not mixing things up. I was very young. Started watching from the 80s

You are very correct. Sisi Clara's Pidgin English was fire!
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by samnaija: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2020
Brings back memories, thanks for posting.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Caveatemptor(m): 11:00am On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

I suspect that you remember the 2 of them. You are correct, Okoro was the owner of the patent medicine store and usually sneezed after taking his snuff, but the person with the moustache was Dr Bassey Okon. Bassey Okon (Jab Adu) was the first owner of the store, then Okoro took it over and then Boniface took it over from Okoro.

Nice write up as usual but on this one you have a few errors.

1. Initially the patent shop was run by Bassey Okon and his daughter Ekaette.
2. When the actor who played Ekaette left the show,Boniface was brought in as Bassey Okon's apprentice in the patent shop.
3.When Bassey Okon left the show Okoro became the patent shop owner with Boniface as his apprentice.
4. When Okoro left the show Boniface now became the patent shop owner.

I hope my memory is correct. wink
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 11:04am On Jul 09, 2020
Caveatemptor:

Nice write up as usual but on this one you have a few errors.

1. Initially the patent shop was run by Bassey Okon and his daughter Ekaette.
2. When the actor who played Ekaette left the show,Boniface was brought in as Bassey Okon's apprentice in the patent shop.
3.When Bassey Okon left the show Okoro became the patent shop owner with Boniface as his apprentice.
4. When Okoro left the show Boniface now became the patent shop owner.

I hope my memory is correct. wink

You wrote almost the same thing I did, but you made a little error.

Dr Bassey Okon was the first owner of the shop, then Okoro took it over and then Boniface took it over, but Dr Bassey Okon's daughter was Fathia Okon (she is my relative in real life).

Welcome to the thread, I have been awaiting your contribution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by naptu2: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2020
I forgot to tag people, but luckily caveatemptor is already here. I need to tag Johnie.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Guestlander: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2020
Ishilove:
Eyah... Even though I don't think I know him. His name reminds me of that psycho who led a mass suicide in Guyana.

That was Jim Jones.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by stagger: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

Cosmos Ali's wife in the New Village Headmaster was Major Tobias Akwashiki's wife. Tobias Akwashiki was initially sentenced to death by firing squad by the Special Military Tribunal that convicted Mamman Vatsa, Ben Ekele, Mike Iyorshie and Co in 1986. His sentence was later commuted to 10 years, then 5 years and he was finally set free in 1993.

The trauma of the entire saga caused her to leave the show. I think she later became a senator.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by Emmanuelcann: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2020
naptu2:

Excellent effort. I think you missed Ekaete - Basset Okon's daughter.
Re: Jimmy Johnson 'Okoro' Is Dead by stagger: 11:25am On Jul 09, 2020
When I remember those days (the 70s and 80s), I cry. Nigeria was making progress. We had sound education as kids, taught us by educationists trained abroad. My first headmaster was British trained. Most of my teachers were all foreign trained and the education we received was unbelievable.

Then IBB came to power and sent the country downhill. He introduced the settlement culture (buying of favours and loyalty) which has fully metamorphosed into the fraudulent mentality of Nigerian youths of today. Just too bad.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vera Sidika And Her Rich Nigerian Boyfriend (Photos) / Ilebaye’s Outfit To Priscilla Ojo’s 23rd Birthday Party Got Tongues Wagging / Mayorkun Buys N35 Million Benz For His 25th Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.