Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:14 PM

President Buhari Replaces Akpabio , One Other Non-career Ambassador Designate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Replaces Akpabio , One Other Non-career Ambassador Designate (495 Views)

Holiday Enjoyment: Niger Delta Women Issue Akpabio One-month Ultimatum To Resign / Buhari Replaces Ex-Ministers, Sends Nominees List To Senate / President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Replaces Akpabio , One Other Non-career Ambassador Designate by ElectroLyte: 10:14am On Jul 09, 2020
A report from the senate has detailed how President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly caved into pressure from APC state chairmen to withdraw the list of non-career ambassadors designate sent to the Senate last week.

The Senate on Wednesday received a request from President Muhammadu Buhari for the replacement and confirmation of two non-career Ambassadors-designate.

The request was contained in a letter read during the plenary by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan.

The President sought to replace the earlier nomination of Mr. Oboro Effiong Akpabio and Brigadier General Bwala Yusuf Bukar from Akwa-Ibom and Borno State, respectively.

A statement by Ahmad’s spokesperson, Ezrel Tabiowo quoted the letter sa saying: “In accordance to Section 171(1)(2)(c) and subsection (4) of the 1999 Constitution as amended, I have the honour to forward for confirmation by the Senate, the appointment of Mr. John J. Usanga and Air Commodore Peter Anda Bakiya Gana (rtd) from Akwa-Ibom and Niger State respectively, as non-career Ambassadors-designate.

“The Senate is kindly requested to recall my earlier submission of Mr. Oboro Effiong Akpabio and Brigadier General Bwala Yusuf Bukar from Akwa-Ibom and Borno State respectively, vide letter dated 17th June 2020, I substitute Mr. Oboro Effiong Akpabio with Mr. John J. Usanga (Akwa-Ibom State). I replace Brigadier General Bwala Yusuf Bukar (Borno State) with Air Commodore Peter Anda Bakiya Gana (Niger State).”

Read more===https://thestreetjournal.org/2020/07/president-buhari-replaces-akpabio-one-other-non-career-ambassador-designate/

Re: President Buhari Replaces Akpabio , One Other Non-career Ambassador Designate by SadiqBabaSani: 10:56am On Jul 09, 2020
matters

(1) (Reply)

Reps To Probe The "Inhuman Treatment" Of Navy Officer In Viral VIDEO / Breaking!!! For Refusing To Retire National Assembly Queries Clerk / LAWSAN Hosts National Virtual Townhall Meeting: osinbajo,Fashola,Others To Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.