Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship (45903 Views)

Is The EFCC Chairmanship A Northern Position Always? / 2023 Presidency: List Of Potential Candidates From The South East / Fayose Pictured At Abuja Airport On His Way To Lagos For EFCC Trial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Nemere2020: 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2020
Following the suspension and continued interrogation of the former Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, for alleged corruption, several names have been touted to replace him, as the head of the anti-graft agency.

Here’s a lowdown of some of the possible replacements as the EFCC seeks to continue its fight against corruption.

Mohammed Umar Abba (Director of Operations, EFCC)

Mohammed Umar Abba who serves as the current Director of Operations has been touted to lead the anti-graft agency in the interim.

Mohammed Abba hails from Kano State, and is one of the most senior officers in the EFCC.

Bala Ciroma (Commissioner of Police, FCT)

Bala Ciroma, who hails from Yobe State, joined the Nigerian Police Force on March 3, 1990 as a Superintendent of Police.

A graduate of Geography from the University of Maiduguri, he served as Director of Operations of EFCC, from 2004 to 2008. He also served as Deputy Commissioner of Operations, FCT Command from 2012-2013.

He has also held command posts in Kano, and Plateau states.

Ahmad Abdulrahman (Commissioner of Police, Enugu Command)

Ahmad Abdulrahman has been in charge of the Enugu Police Command since 2019.

He is a graduate of Political Science and Administration from the University of Sokoto.

He also holds a double Masters Degree in Criminal Justice and Conflict, Preace and Strategic Studies from Kaduna State University in addition to a post-graduate certificate in Corruption Studies from the University of Hong Kong.

Until his posting to Enugu, CP Abdurrahman was the Commissioner of Police in charge of Intelligence at the FCID, Abuja.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/potential-candidates-for-efcc-chairmanship/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Brandstudio01: 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
Op I wish I can tell you I have zero confidence with a Nigerian Heading the EFCC

Please jare , I will Design a Professional Logo for your product or Business for 2k Only

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by ThiagoKid(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2020
chaii North shaaaa

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Yakson09: 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
I think that Ahmad Abdulrahman will be d perfect man for this job. He in a no nonsense officer and former commissioner of police kaduna state.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by donbachi(m): 1:42pm On Jul 09, 2020
Brandstudio01:
Op I wish I can tell you I have zero confidence with a Nigerian Heading the EFCC
even if dem put u or me,the system will corrupt us...that was how the system was built..cos in one way or the other.u must be indicted.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by GeniusWeb: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
Na real competition oo sad
Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by tamonokare: 4:22pm On Jul 09, 2020
But forget being a northerner comes with a lot of privileges oo.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by ProfAmaben(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
Let the best man get the job.

We all know that the best man must be a Northerner.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Joefat: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hmm.. hisssssss. He will take his share of the national cake at the end of day.

All 3 that made the final screening are all northern. What type of government is this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Amotekun777: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
But why does it have to be a Northerner? WTF? angry

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Triangles1(m): 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
Power lead him astray.
Magu.
When given a power always use your no 6 especially when your hand is also filled with red oil.

I still remained with my point, there are some corrupted politicians in Nigeria you can't probe or impeach even if you invite Donald trump.

Nigerian should just forget about the past and move on, concentrate on the resources at hand not the one that slipped out of your hand bcs Abacha loots recover can't be accounted.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Mraphel: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
No igbo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by InfoSources: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
grin
Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Lumig: 4:23pm On Jul 09, 2020
No matter who is put there, there'll be constant antagonism and opposition especially if he can not be controlled. . Because EFCC will
not allow them spend their loots in peace.
Some people will be praying for the scrapping of EFCC because of their dishonest lifestyle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Ekakamba: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
grin
Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by naijaboy756: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
It must come from the South

3 Likes

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by PureGoldh(m): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Issoryt.......Dem don net oga Magu.
Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by ObaKlaz: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
All Northerners.

Wawu!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Lol
Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by hisexcellency34: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
If Buhari is sincere, let him appoint Buba Galadima. The man will do a great job

6 Likes

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by victorazyvictor(m): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Most it be north?

7 Likes

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by opportunes: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
ok
Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Inkling(f): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Nigerian Government should not allow police to head EFCC again.

Once a police is always a police and we know the story of police here in 9ija.

Wole Soyinka once said " You can remove shepopotamus from mud but you can't remove mud from shepopotamus", this simply means police and corruption are 5 & 6.

1 Like

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Roon9(m): 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
Hmmm... Nairaland will just be looking for trouble

call for our 444Wh lithium-ion solar generator that could power your TV, laptop, standing fan and up to 4 lighting points for up to 13 hours daily
Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by generaliy: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
They’ll remain “Potential”

PMB already made his choice in the acting head

2 Likes

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by MrImole: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
What of Abba Kyari, I think he'll make a good chairman.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by meum: 4:24pm On Jul 09, 2020
So no southerner in the Police Force?
Sori I forgot they r all kworupt grin

gawu1:

Make you na waiti till time wey Atikuchukwu and china obi take over 2023. Na then e go reach you na turn

gawu1:

If dem dey make dem show face nao. wink We go screen dem see whether true or false dey fit hold trust even for one-quarter reach dem northerner police counterparts tongue
Sori, my bad I forgot we don't have southerners anymore. wink They are all Northerners. tongue
Your statement "we go screen dem" says a lot so no point. tongue

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Sweeetheart(m): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Northerners are thieves, efcc chairman should be checkmated, why must it be a Northern thing alone? what message is the presidency passing that Senior officers in southern Nigeria are all corrupt?

10 Likes

Re: 3 Potential Candidates For EFCC Chairmanship by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2020
Next corrupt leader

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: IPOB Restricts Movement Into Onitsha, Nnewi, Markets, Shops Closed / I Will Become President One Day - Peter Obi / Peter Obi Arrives In Kano- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.