Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner (391 Views)

5 Common Ways God Can Speak To You / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? / Fasting Is Incredible. Are You A Sinner? Do This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner by delkuf(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2020
I really want to Know. can the Holy Spirit speak to someone that is not born again
Re: Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner by Kobojunkie: 2:16am On Jul 10, 2020
delkuf:
I really want to Know. can the Holy Spirit speak to someone that is not born again
I believe your own spirit can speak to you if you are not born again. That tiny voice we claim to hear (while still sinners) and mistake for the Spirit of God is likely our own spirit and not the Spirit of God. undecided
When you become born again though, the tiny voice is replaced by a not so tiny voice, at least that is my experience. undecided
Re: Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner by delkuf(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I believe your own spirit can speak to you if you are not born again. That tiny voice we claim to hear (while still sinners) and mistake for the Spirit of God is likely our own spirit and not the Spirit of God. undecided
When you become born again though, the tiny voice is replaced by a not so tiny voice, at least that is my experience. undecided
You are very very not correct. If you say it is our own we here before we became born again, what about those people that came before Christ. Balaam that God spoke to through a donkey. Moses that spoke to God face to face. All this people are not born again. and you said when we became born again that tiny voice is replaced. the Bible says in the book of John that the holy Spirit will reprove the world of it's sin. How will the holy Spirit reprove the world, by telling us when we that what we are doing is bad and a sin. there is an account I read recently that the Muslim man came to God to prove himself, and the Lord spoke with him even though he is not born again. I think this will do.

And please kobo don't go ahead and start asking irrelevant question because I know you

1 Like

Re: Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner by BackllGodNaija: 9:15am On Jul 10, 2020
Sure He can. He is the Spirit of God, so if God could speak to a sinner why not His Spirit? In fact it's His Spirit that He uses to communicate with men and His creation as a whole. What His Spirit cannot do is to dwell inside the body of a sinner. He doesn't need to be inside the body of someone to be able to speak to the person. He is the source of all spirits, so He can communicate with any body who is alive through that spirit that gives the person life.
Re: Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner by delkuf(m): 9:21am On Jul 10, 2020
BackllGodNaija:
Sure He can. He is the Spirit of God, so if God could speak to a sinner why not His Spirit? In fact it's His Spirit that He uses to communicate with men and His creation as a whole. What His Spirit cannot do is to dwell inside the body of a sinner. He doesn't need to be inside the body of someone to be able to speak to the person. He is the source of all spirits, so He can communicate with any body who is alive through that spirit that gives the person life.
That is it.

1 Like

Re: Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2020
delkuf:
You are very very not correct. If you say it is our own we here before we became born again, what about those people that came before Christ. Balaam that God spoke to through a donkey. Moses that spoke to God face to face. All this people are not born again. and you said when we became born again that tiny voice is replaced.
Well, not every one is Moses or Balaam whom God spoke to in an audible voice. Majority still hear God's voice even on the inside of them, albeit not as loud sounding as would a donkey or thunder.
delkuf:

the Bible says in the book of John that the holy Spirit will reprove the world of it's sin. How will the holy Spirit reprove the world, by telling us when we that what we are doing is bad and a sin. there is an account I read recently that the Muslim man came to God to prove himself, and the Lord spoke with him even though he is not born again. I think this will do.
Our own spirit.
delkuf:

And please kobo don't go ahead and start asking irrelevant question because I know you
I am telling you from my own experience as to how I came to find God Himself...not true anyones teachings but the lead of the spirit God installed inside me. At one point My spirit began to converse with me, to allay my fears and not long after that God Himself showed up.

You see, it is my belief that when God created man, He installed His own Spirit inside of man, but when man fell, the part of the spirit inside of man became disconnected from its source. And there it remains as a guide for all men, seeking to be reconnected back to its original source someday.
Not all men listen to that tiny voice. Some that do call it names like intuition or sixth sense.
When one becomes born again though, well, in my case, I became possessed by a more powerful presence than my own spirit.
Re: Can The Holy Spirit Speak To A Sinner by sonmvayina(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
Some people really need to see a psychiatrist...

(1) (Reply)

What Gives You Joy And Satisfaction? / Is Prayer Really Useful? / I Have A Question For Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.