Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed (312 Views)

Urgent: Economics Graduate For A One-off Task / Process Operators/engineers With Background In Chemical Engineering Needed / 60k Job Offer In Abuja With Training Inclusive.. Good Or Bad? For A Fresh Grad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2020
Email info@patrickokunima.com if you fit the profile. It's an assignment on Social Engineering (Penetration Testing, Etc).
Re: One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2020
Re: One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by sconp: 11:14am On Jul 10, 2020
Hi, is it just social engineering or is pen testing of networks included? I can handle social engineering but not pen-testing.
Re: One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
sconp:
Hi, is it just social engineering or is pen testing of networks included? I can handle social engineering but not pen-testing.
I may be wrong, but I understand pen-testing to be part of social engineering. Since you can't handle that, can you get me someone who can. It's an assignment, not really carrying out the test. It involves developing strategies and plans for penetrating a vulnerable company, and developing another plan to mitigate the actions of the tests.
Re: One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
mm
Re: One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:25am On Jul 11, 2020
Re: One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by sconp: 9:01am On Jul 11, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
I may be wrong, but I understand pen-testing to be part of social engineering. Since you can't handle that, can you get me someone who can. It's an assignment, not really carrying out the test. It involves developing strategies and plans for penetrating a vulnerable company, and developing another plan to mitigate the actions of the tests.

They're different but are both used to detect vulnerability. Pen-testing tries to find vulnerabilities on the network.

Social engineering is geared towards individuals to make them reveal certain sensitive details etc.

I can't handle pen-testing, hopefully you get someone who can.
Re: One-off Task: Computer Science Grad With Experience In Social Engineering Needed by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thank you.
sconp:

They're different but are both used to detect vulnerability. Pen-testing tries to find vulnerabilities on the network.

Social engineering is geared towards individuals to make them reveal certain sensitive details etc.

I can't handle pen-testing, hopefully you get someone who can.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy!!! / Apply Now: Field Sales Executive At UAC Foods Limited / Rees Millennial – Volunteering Opportunities 2020 For Nigerians & Ghanaians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.